Doojoon

Demon Spawn

Hyunseung’s POV

I watched as she left the room leaving me staring after her. She left me shocked and now I let it show on my face. I stand there until Doo Joon shows up finding me standing there shocked and off in nowhere.

He waves his hand in my face, “Hyunseung, what’s wrong?”

“The bookworm is more different than I thought she’d be.”

Doojoon looks at me and shrugs, “Why you say that?”

It’s like he didn’t say anything. I keep thinking to myself and say her name aloud.

“Did you say Joh Chung Ae?”

I look up and nod my head, “Yeah.”

He looks like he thinking hard about something, “I think I was friends with her when we were kids.”

“Really?”

“Yeah. She used to sing and dance around her yard even though she had a hard life.”

“Then how did she become a bookworm?”

“Her dad became a drunkard and her mom had to get a low hour and pay job. So she started to be looked down upon by everyone she knew. She stopped dancing and singing only focusing on her studies.”

“So she became that so she could prove herself,” I put a hand to my chin thinking of how stupid it was.

She looked so happy when she was dancing and at peace and when she stopped, she looked so troubled.

Doojoon nods his head then looks at me a bit confused, “Why are you so interested in her all of a sudden?”

“Oh no reason really just asking. I heard a lot more about her today so I was a bit confused.”

Damn I don’t feel right about lying to my friend but for some reason I don’t want to tell him that I’m blackmailing her to get her to do the showcase with me. Mostly cause I have a feeling that I do I’ll get a lecture from him and Junhyung.

Doojoon’s POV

I hear mumble something but I don’t hear I very clearly. I simply shrug and decide to find Junhyung who’s probably at Hyuna’s dorm.

I start to walk there when I hear a girl scream and then a loud thump.

I turn around the corner to see a group of 10 girls around 1 lone girl.

I hear a girl speak, “Why are you here? I thought we made ourselves clear.”

I hear a challenging voice of a girl who sounds out of breathe, “Oh like last time you thought I was sneaking into the boys’ dorm. What was I doing today if I may ask?”

“Spying on Hyunseung-oppa.”

I hear the lone girl scoff, “Great fangirls just what I needed to complete this wonderful day.”

“So you were with Hyunseung-oppa,” 1 of the girls states sounding so sure of herself.

I hear a groan, “No and he’s only an annoying demon spawn. So answer me this why would I want to be close to a guy like him? No wait, he’s not even a guy he’s more of a little boy then a man.”

It’s silent until there’s a scream of frustration coming from the leader girl. The girl’s hand is held up in the air as the girl that they were surrounding got a hold of her hand when the girl had gone for a hit. She pushes the girl back making the circle separate showing me an older Chung Ae.

aWRSbcno2xHBNDZGYZJfXRQVGM_vCdGNscorBLQc

I’m surprised cause the eyes that were once sparkling with happiness and mischief have been replaced with dead sad eyes.

I say her name and she looks up at me. I know its Chung Ae that used to live next door to me when I spot a small scar on the top left corner of her forehead.

“Doojoon-oppa,” she calls out to me.

I laugh as I see her look change to 1 of a caught mouse.

“What kind of trouble are you getting into today?” I ask her like I use to.

She sticks her nose up in the air, “None of your business and I’m almost done with it anyways.”

I laugh as I watch the girls get a bit angrier at her familiar tone with me. When 1 goes to hit her, she kicks her in the gut making her fall down. The other girls charge at her thinking that if all of them did it at once maybe they had a chance at getting her. Still they were wrong. Chung Ae had always picked fights since she was young at least until her dad was laid off work and became a drunk.

She fixes her clothing, looks up at smiles at me, “Ahh... Doojoon, can you promise me that you didn’t see any of that?”

I laugh as I nod throwing my arm on her shoulder, “You have my promise that I won’t tell a soul.”

“So I heard you made it into a band?”

“Nah it’s nothing we just work at a club on weekends.”

“Ahh I was hoping you were more famous,” she whines like she used to.

I laugh and flick her head keeping her close to me, “Man you never change do you.”

She snorts at me, “Yeah and you're 1 to talk. Always throwing your arm around me and flicking my forehead. Why were we ever friends?”

I act wounded, “You wound me, my dear sister.”

“Ya, I’m not your sister. I’m your friend. I’m your old neighbor.”

“Then why call me oppa?”

Haha caught, “Remember when you were 9 you told me that I had to call you oppa. Oh its been how long since that day so I’m just so used to calling you oppa. Should I stop?”

I think for a while and she has been like a little sister to me since I can remember but that’s all it’d ever be. Some people may not understand that still she’s right it’s been years since I told her to call me oppa and she listened to me.

“Nah, you are like the little sister that I never had.”

She laughs and pokes me in the cheek, “Yah, oppa can we go get some coffee to catch up?”

I look at the time and wince, “Sorry, I can't today and what I know not this week. We’re setting up for a big gig at the club, but hey you should come and see us sometime.”

She nods, “Yeah I’ll try sometime.”

“Great see-ya, Chung Ae,” I turn too leave and I can’t help myself, but too look back at her.