When She Wakes Up

Demon Spawn

Hyunseung’s POV

What the hell am I supposed to do when she wakes up?

I mean she’s half in my bed.

It’s not like I was the 1 that undressed her.

She did that all by herself….

Would she remember that?

Would she believe me if I told her?

After freaking out for a good few hours I decided that I should make her some kind of food….

Damn, I’m usually not the 1 doing this.

Would she be mad if I called Hyuna too ask her opinion?

… Probably.

I hear something fall in my bedroom and I know that she’s awake and it’s too late to ask a favor… or is it?

I text Hyuna too bring me something since ‘I’m have a hangover can you bring me something for it.’

It’s a little bit and I’m opening the door when Hyuna texts me that she’ll bring me something in a little bit.

I sigh in relief as I open the door and dodge a pillow.

I look at the bed too see that Chung Ae is hiding under the covers.

“Where am I?”

I sigh as I stop in the middle of the room 5 steps away from the bed, “In my apartment. You wouldn’t tell me where you live.”

“Ahh… Okay… Why am I only in my underwear?”

“Don’t ask me when I got here you stripped off your clothing and I ran out when that started to happen.”

“Really?”

“Yeah once the top was lifted I simply left the room.”

She smiles a bit shyly, “I’m glad. Hyunseung, can we keep what happened last night between us?”

I nod my head as I walk over to her and hand her some of my clothing to her.

She looks at it and then looks at me confused, “Where is my clothing?”

I point to the floor and say, “I need to clean them… they smell like booze and a bit like puke.”

“Oh… I puked too.. I’m sorry… This is so embarrassing.”

I sit down on the bed since she’s still under the blanket, “Why did you go out to drink last night?”

“I wanted to feel numb too forget about everything.”

“Why? You said you never break promises and here you are with a hangover.”

I hand her some headache stuff that I picked up after she passed out.

She smiles over at me sadly, “Thank you… Promise not to tell anyone about this and I’ll tell you.”

My doorbell rings and I get up too get it.

“I’ll be right back. Don’t move. If you want you can get dressed up in my clothes while I put your clothes through the wash. I’ll get them after I get rid of whoever is here.”

I open the door after I look in the mirror too make sure I look like I have a hangover before I open the door to my apartment.

Standing there is Hyuna as she shakes her head, “And I thought your drinking days were over after what happened with your dad last year.”

I bite my lip as I shake my head, “I just had a moment of weakness,” I murmur like I used too when I’d have a hangover.

She hands me a plastic bag as she looks at me, “Do you want me to stay?”

I shake my head slowly or more just barely,  “No, I’m fine. I’m just going to rest up then I should be in for classes hopefully.”

She gives me a look as she says, “You better be or else I’m in slight trouble.”

I chuckle as I wave bye to her and close the door as she walks away.

I lock the door and look behind me.

I sigh in relief as I look in the bag too see a hangover remedy and some chicken.

I laugh as I smile in relief.

I guess Hyuna still cares about me.

I walk up to what is my room and knock on the door and wait until I hear a quiet come in.

I open the door to see that my clothes fit Chung Ae pretty well.

I smile as I look at her, “Glad that they fit decently.”

She nods as she looks at my pants and that, “It’s annoying how my hips are your size and your shirt is just a little too big.”

I shrug my shoulders, “I like your body. It’s shaped well for someone who’s into all kinds of sports and dance. You’re taller than me by a little bit. All of that and you are beautiful and smart.”

Her cheeks tint a little bit as she looks over at me, “That’s sweet of you.”

I smile at her as I hold up the bag, “Let’s get to the living room to eat some grub and for you too get a nice hangover remedy.”

She nods her head as I help her into my living room and set down the bag on a table in front of my couch and she follows my lead.

I pull out the chicken and she smiles at me.

I laugh a bit as I pull out the hangover juice that always seemed to help whenever I had 1.

She starts drinking it and sticks out her tongue when she pulls away, “It’s bitter.”

“Yeah, it’s good for you though especially when your hungover.”

She nods her head and goes back to drinking it.

“So who was at the door?”

“Hyuna… Since she was the 1 that would always buy my hangover remedies.”

“Why?”

“Cause I had a problem drinking. My father died last year and I had a slight habit of drinking too much before then. It got worse when I went through a small depression and I started drinking a lot. I stopped after I had fight with death.”

“You almost died?”

He nods his head, “I did. It was anniversary of my father’s death. I had harder stuff than what I usually drank.  The doctors were surprised that I was able to survive through its cause I’m so scrawny.”

She looks at me a bit surprised and sad, “I’m glad that you survived. I wouldn’t have realized just how great of a person that you are. The guy that I thought you were was a guy driven into a destructive spiral  by the death of his father.”

I look at her surprised that she understood that, “How would you know?”

“You wanted too know why I went out drinking last night. It was because I ran into my biological mother. I told you about being abused by my father and how my mother never did anything. She showed up last night when I was dragged to dinner with in my eyes adopted mother. She told me about how sorry she was and I saw that my father was beating on her. I treated her and she’s staying in my apartment. I think it’s because everything came crashing down on me that I just let the dam break.”

I look at her in understanding but still confused by another fact, “Why did you call me?”

“I’m not sure. I just wanted to be with someone. To have someone close by and you were the first person to come to mind. I’m not sure why, but I wanted you too help me and no 1 else.”

“I’m not sure what you mean there. What am I too you?”

She looks at me and I see the confusion in her eyes even more and how her face scrunches a bit as she looks at me, “I’m not sure what you are too me. I talked too 1 of my friends about this feeling and they said that I need to figure it out on my own, what I mean towards you… what you mean towards me.”

“What do you think I do?”

“I’m not sure,” tears build up in my eyes.

I wipe my thumbs under her eyes to wipe away the tears.

“Please don’t cry,” I almost beg her.

She looks at me and chuckles, “Bet you didn’t know I was so messed up.”

I shake my head as I hug her too my chest, “You’re not messed up. You’re just… hard to figure out. Everytime I turn my back from you, you do something that surprises me ever since I first met you.”

“You mean in the dance room?”

“No, I met you a few weeks before then. I when I first met you was the day that you fell down the library steps. You helped out 1 of the older librarians. You were worried about her since she was having troubles. When you were leaving the library a girl tripped you causing you too fall down the stairs. Everyone avoided you while you laid their barely breathing. I had grabbed the girl and brought her down with me. I had passed the girl to Hyuna too make sure she didn’t run away. I had picked you up and brought you too the school infirmary. I was really glad that the school has 1 that day. Then we brought the girl too the dean and ordered her to be suspended at least and charges to be pressed on her.”

“You’re the reason that girl isn’t here at the school. You’re the reason why I’m still safe.”

I nod my head and I feel something wet on my chest, “Are you crying again?”

She nods into my chest.

“Why?”

“Cause you’re the reason I’m still alive. You’re the reason I should be able to go to Harvard when I finish my 2 years here.”

“Harvard… Why?”

“I want to better myself in my life. I’m already a triple language major and science major.”

I pull her away from my chest as I say, “You’re already amazing in my eyes. Too already have major like that at your age is pretty amazing.”

She nods her head as she smiles slightly too me, “Hyunseung… I think I know what you mean too me now…”

Before she can finish her sentence someone knocks at my door.