Until You Return - Play and Performance

Until You Return

           “What?” I say. “Look here, now.” She force me even I’m busy memorize the script for the theater – in the class. It just two days before the play begins. “You look gorgeous on this poster.” “Poster?” I say weirdly because I don’t see it before. “Yes, poster.” Shin Woo says. “Wah! I’m here too.” Min Hwan chortles. “We too!!!” “Daebak!!!” the others say.


            Why it so hard to memorize the simple script like this? I feel uneasy today. Something will happen tomorrow but tomorrow is the play. Oh My God, what can I do? Why this felling appear now. When I look the script I will see someone left me – a girl. But who is she?

            “Wait for me.” I shout like a mad person. “Buk!” a sound produce, like an apple fell onto the floor. “Ouch my hand is hurt.” I say. “Once more time you fall from this bed?” Won Bin says like usually while helps me to get up. “Ha ha ha, sorry for troubling you for many time.” I say sorry. “Hah Hong Ki, Shin Woo calls me just now she asks you out this morning.” Won Bin says and then leaves me alone in the room. Then, he turns back, looks at me “Don’t forget tidy up the bed.” “Okay.” The simple answer from me is enough for my understanding brother.

            “You don’t want have this breakfast now.” He asks me and show some slices of breads. “No, I’ll be late. It is 9.30 am now.” I say as I don’t want to break my promise. “Eat first, please. Here, your tuna sandwiches.” He is advising me to eat before go. “Thank you” I say. I go to the dining table, take the sandwich and run to the opening door. “Hey! Hey! Hey! Wait.” Won Bin stops me from crossing the door. “Hyung, I’m late now.” I say anxiously. “Take this!” He passes me warm clothes and says again “It’s cold outside, autumn is in the end.” “Alright, Boss!” I say happily.

            I stand at first “Where is she? She asks me out at 9.30 but now 9.45” and then I lean at the front door house but when I lean half on my body on the door its open. “Huh, luckily.” I say and stand again. “Hong Ki, sorry I’m late.” “Never mind.”


            “Why you bring along the umbrella? Not a rainy day and not a sunny day.” she asks weirdly. “Just to prepare.” I say. “Hong Ki today might be my last day with you. Please take care yourself, eat in order and wear warm when you cold. Please do it for me.” She says. Her tears drop slowly one by one, her head layover my shoulder. I feel the warmness in the chill of the autumn ending. I rub her face and I hug her tightly. “You do it for me too, please.” She is appealing to me.

            “If I gone from your life, will you accept it?” She asks me. “As long as you still alive, I will never give up searching on you even all over the world. I am willing wait for you even for ten years or more because I love you so much.” I say. I don’t know how to say now. My mouth was locked. We walk together “Hong Ki we have known each other about two months and we live near to the railway. Can I have it with you now?”

            “Take a train with you? Sure why not? Let’s go now or we wouldn’t get the tickets.” I say. “Thank you.” I see the road at the front is whiten now and I make a countdown “5, 4, 3, 2, 1” and I open up my rainbow umbrella. “It’s wintertime. How did you know it?” “I use the sense of my love.”

            We get on the train… there are so many passengers today. We do not get seat, just standing. “Hi, Hong Ki!” greets Hyun Seung. “Hey Hyun Seung. Where are you going?” Shin Woo asks. “Ha? Oh just walking.” Answers him, simple. “Great. We too.” I say. “Are you both in love ha?” Hyun Seung asking. I take a peek at Shin Woo’s neck; she doesn’t wear the necklace that I give her. “No.” I say.

            “Shin Woo, where is the necklace? Are you still keeping it?” I ask her tentatively. “Of course.” I look at back, Hyun Seung is gone maybe he didn’t want disturb Shin Woo and I. He is understanding person. “Hong Ki, are you ready with the play tomorrow?” “I’m ready.” Simply I answer it. “Shin Woo, I have a big secret.” I whisper at her right ear. “Secret?” “Yes secret about GSY. Do you want to know who is it?” I ask her back. “Of course, if you want to share it with me.” She say pleasant. “She is Goo Shin Young, your sister.” I say gently. “What? Are you sure?” She doesn’t believe it. “Yes, Won Bin says to me. He admits it.” I say. “Let’s go back now. I think someone follow on us.” Shin Woo says.


            “Hong Ki, do your best okay.” Won Bin hyung encourages to me. “I will.” I say. “Tok! Tok! Tok!” someone knocks the door. “Won Bin hyung. Will you attend the play?” Shin Woo enters my house. “Yes.” Won Bin says. “Wow! Support on me.” I say, chuckle.

            “Testing” the emcee of the day test the microphone. “Ladies and gentelmen, let us welcome a play entitled ‘When I Miss You’. All the audiences clap their hands. I take the microphone on the table behind the stage. Shin Woo rubs her violin and I begin to sing and they clap their hand for one more time. “The theme song entitled ‘Until You Return’ by Lee Hong Ki a member of FT Island. He is the best student of this year and he also has label to ‘The Legendary of Tune in this school’. He is amazing.” The emcee announces it.

           “The main characters Goo Shin Woo and Lee Hong Ki, FT Island band and Beast group.” The emcee says again. We begin it. All the audiences look delight. After an hour, the play end. “Hoh! Relieving time.” I say. “Yes, I’m very full eating the chicken on the stage.” Min Hwan claims. ‘Even on the stage you eat the chicken too. King of Chicken.” Jae Jin claims.  “Do we do the best dance today?” Hyun Seung asks the teacher. “Nice.” The busy teacher answers.

            “Teacher can I go to the toilet, now.” I ask. Ms.Jang. “Alright but don’t take a long time. You have one performance right, after this.” Ms. Jang continues. “I know.” “Shin Woo please wear this in the next performance.” Mrs. Kang gives a white shining dress. “Ok. Thank you.” “Min Hwan!” I call him. “Chicken” Seung Hyun calls him again but he doesn’t hear it. “King of Chicken! Are you deaf?” Jae Jin shouts. “What?” Min Hwan says. “You’ll go out first and then me.” Seung Hyun says. “Okay.” “I’ll be the last.” I say, delight. “Where is Shin Woo?” All the people ask.