Until You Return - What happens to me for this first day? Is this love?

Until You Return

Without thinking longer, I walk towards the door, turn and pull the doorknob. As well as I open the door I feel surprise because the person who in front of me is a cake sender and not my lovely brother. I think alone a jiffy ‘Cake delivery?’ ‘Whose birthday today? Is it my parents’ anniversary? But we have celebrated it last month? Oh! I know maybe this person is mistaken… “Hello! Can I ask something?” the sender waves his hand while saying to me. “HA! Oh, Alright,” “This is Mr. Won Bin’s house?” “Yes…” I say hesitantly. “Ok, thank you. He had order this cake right away and he had pay it too.” He says with a smile. “Please sign here…” “Okay”. Afterwards, he goes. “Ha? He did’t mistake! Is my brother going crazy?” I don’t know.

            I quickly go to the kitchen, keeping the cake in the refrigerator to prevent it from melting. I take a peek at my watch, it is 6.00 pm. A second become a minute, a minute become an hour and now it is 7.00 pm. “Where is my brother?” I ask to myself, sighing. “Late? Cake? 9 September? Why???” I think alone. “Have you ever been seeing the sunset before?” I ask Shin Woo after we do our own business for a moment. “Oh… The last time I seeing the sunset was three years ago on… 9th September.” She thinks before saying. “Today is the day.” I say. “Today?” she asks me back. “Yes. Today is 9 September, right. Do you want to look at the sunset now?” “Oh yes! today is 9 September. I’m sorry; I’ve being an absent-minded person lately. Sure, I want to see it. I miss it so much as much as I miss at…” she doesn't’t finishing her words.  

            “Miss at WHO???” “Oh no… Never mind…Never mind…” I lock the door and we walk together to the riverside during the dusk only for see the sunset. “Where can we see the sunset, Hong Ki?” Her voice breaks harmonious moment. “Of course at my private place… we can take it as the most beautiful view of the sunset here.” I talk like a promoter. We reached to the place. “Wow! Now I believe what you say just now. It’s right.” She says as we reach there. “If she is here now…” she says with a long sigh. “She?” I say. “My lovely older sister, Shin Young.” “She must be pretty and nice as you, right,” praises me. “Right. She had a good-looking and very nice. She always obeying everything my mother asks to. She didn't’t like me.” She says sorrow.

 

 “Where is she now?” “Now she is far away from here, we never could see her until a moment.” “A moment?” I say curiously.

 “Can I ask you something?”

“OK”

“I hope you would not angry at me…” “Where are your parents?”

“They were dead in a horrendous accident 3 years ago. Now, we are orphans. I live with my older brother. He earns money from selling the vegetables and fishes at the markets.”

“I’m sorry…”

It is 7.30 pm, the sun is fully set. “It’s time to going back” I say. “OK. Maybe your brother is home.” She replies. We walk together and the cold breeze hit our faces but nothing we can do. We just meet by this morning but I feel very comfortable with her like we have known each other before. What are these feelings? Am I okay?

“PON…..” the train make a long sound.

“Railway here?” asks her confusedly.

“Oh! I forgot to tell you. Actually there is a double railway at the back of my house. My house was on the government reservation land.  

As we reach home, my brother already home. I go in first and Shin Woo take breathes outside for a moment. “Where are you going, ha?” ask Won Bin gently. “Oh, hyung! We go to the riverside to see the sunset. “Where is your friend?” he asks again. “She is outside,” reply me. “Ask her in now. It’s cold outside. She will get flu.I go out to call Shin Woo. “Shin Woo, let go in now.” As she walks step by step towards the door of my house, she looked very shock looking at my brother and my brother is shock too. “What happen to them? I don’t know and what about the cake?” I mumble.

“HYUNGGGG!!!!!!!!!” I shout as loud as I can.

“What?”

“Why are you looking at her like that?”

“Why? Are you jealous?” he teases me.

My face becomes red like I have ingested chilies too much. What he said just now? Jealous? Not at all. Am I sure? I try to beam although the embarrassment still covers up my mind.

“Where is the cake?” Won Bin asks me.

“Oh cake… in the refrigerator.” I say.

“Please help me to take it…” He says to me.

“OK”

“Mmm… Whose birthday today? Is it mine?” I say and then I grin.

“No… 2 March is yours right. Have you been an absent-minded person like me? Take it now!”

“He he he… no. Alright, Boss.”

I walk towards the kitchen in the ambiguous. I feel like I am in a horror drama which usually aired on Thursdays or Fridays.  At this time they begin to get to know each other in the living room and it seems that my brother didn’t hesitate to let Shin Woo to stay here for several days.

“What is your name?”

“Oh my name is Goo Shin Woo. Thank you for letting me to stay here.” She thanks my brother. “Your name is Won Bin right.” She continues.

“Yes, it is. Your faces look familiar to me. Have we ever met before?”

“I don’t think yes.”

 I bring the cake with me along with the cake cutter, three saucers and also three spoons.

“Our waiter is here now!” Won Bin says to Shin Woo and Shin Woo looks at me and gives me a smile.

“Do you think I’m a waiter?” I say, just joking.

Won Bin opens up the cake’s box and what I see on the cake is

 

HAPPY 21st BIRTHDAY GSY

I wish you will be happy always there

Love You Always

 

 

 

 

“Hyung, who is GSY?”

“GSY is my….”

Suddenly, Shin Woo cries. ‘What wrong with her?’ I think.

“What wrong with you? Please tell me.” My concern brother says.

“There's nothing I just thought about my late sister because today is her birthday too. Her age is same with your GSY too.” She explains.

We eat the cake and while we are having it Won Bin suddenly says “I think yes.”

“Ha! Yes.” “What?”

“We had met before Shin Woo.”

“When? Where?”

“Do you still remember the day that you ever tried to commit suicide at the flyover but I saved you?”

“So you are the person who saved me. Why did you save me?”

“I save you because I don’t want someone that looks similar to my sweetheart vanished from this world. Besides you're still young.”

“Okay better both of you go to bed now because tomorrow will be your first day. Your room is there Shin Woo.”

“Alright, thanks for saving me the other day.”

We go into our own rooms and we throw ourselves on the bed and we soon fell asleep.

What will happens tomorrow? Terrific or gloomy?

For all the readers guess it now.