Until You Return - First Day I Meet You

Until You Return

         

Late in the midnight I think about my parents, look at my only older brother lies beside me make me feel very sad. He had to work hard to earn our live and my study. If my parents here the situation must be different. Tomorrow is the registration day, all of my friends will come to school with their parents but me… Arghh… forget it. I can do it myself. I don’t want my brother in trouble because of me. I can do it… I can do it. But… What can I do if my new teacher asks about my parents? Could I answer it? After a long think I fell asleep.

                It is a peace sunny morning, the birds' chip wake me up and it's already 7.45 am, the registration starts on 8 am. "I'm already too late…" I give a long sigh.  "Oh no! I'm late going to school," say me hurriedly while put on my blue black school uniform after clean myself. "Where are you going Hong Ki?" asks my only brother, Won Bin. "Have you forgotten? This is my first day school after a long holiday and this is my first term in the high school," I say. "I'm sorry, I forgot," he replies with his worried face. "Never mind, it's not your fault. You were too busy working to earn our life," I say, smiling.

                "I miss you Mum, Dad.. I wish I can meet you one day" I murmur to myself. While I am walking to school, a young pretty girl who wears school uniform runs towards me. She is sobbed and I see several strange men are tailing her. "Please help me!." she suddenly says to me, crying. I ask her gently, "What can I do for you?” "Hide me! And can I stay with you for some days? I hope you will allow me to do so," says her sadly. "But….." the girl says again. "But… What???" ask me. "But you live with your parents right?" she says to me, anxiously. "No…" say me, sad. I say to her "Okay, I will take you home alright." “Thanks," she thanks me with her cute face.

                While we are walking along the roadside, I notice the strange men that tailing the girl just now are following us and I straight away tell the girl, "I think the strange men are following us." What should we do now?" says the girl, panic. "Just keep quiet and pretending like we never know them," I say to relieve her feelings. "But, where should we go now?" she asks me for many times." I don't know but I don’t think we can go back now. Let we go back to my house by this evening and we should hide at my special place now. Only I know the place, there is no other person knows about the place, even my brother. You are the first person will know where is my private place located, please don’t tell anyone," I reply, smirk. "Alright! Anything and anywhere," she says happily.

                We make sure the strange men do not follow us and then we walk towards my private special place. It is such a beautiful place with the nature surroundings and there is a clean crystal river beside a shady tree. The panorama is very wonderful. This mysterious girl is very excited and I think this is her first time go to a beautiful calm place like this. "Wow! This place is very beautiful. I feel calm after we reach here," she says. "No wonder you make this place as your private special place," continues her. I just listening to her and not saying anything. "Why are you so quiet? She asks me and then sits beside me under a shady tree near the river. "Why you run from your house? Your parents would angry to you, you know," say me to change the topic of the conversation. "I know. I ran from my house due to many reasons, my father always going to outstation and my mother always busy with all her works in the office in the town. She always asked me to get A for all paper in the exam but I'm not an intelligent person as she thought." she says to me to express her problems. "Oh, like that," say me. "Promise to me that one day you will go back to your house." I make a deal with the unknown girl.

                Under a shady tree, two of us sit together and we feel very calm but I forget one thing…….. Her name… . Suddenly I ask her when she is listening music using her mp3, "What is your name?" "What? Oh! My name is Goo Shin Woo and what is your name?" she answers my question and then asks me with the same question. "Ehmm… My name is Lee Hong Ki. Call me Hong Ki please…" I joke. I ask her one more question, "Goo Shin Woo, where are you studying now?" She replies to me easily, "Ohh… please call me Shin Woo, okay. Actually, this is my first day to go to the new school and this is my first term in the high school after finishing the elementary school before the last holiday. My mother forces me to go to a well-known Girl High School in the town and she asks the driver to send and fetch me from school every day." "You are so lucky. I only go to the school beside yours by the scholarship. I can't afford go to the well-known school like you and this is my first semester too." express me plainly.

                After resting about several hours under the tree, I go to the river bank and play with the cool clean water there and then Shin Woo follows me. "Why are you following me?" ask me weirdly. "No.. I scare to sit alone there," she replies, simple. She apologizes me, "Please apologizes me, Hong Ki. I was troubled you just now and now. You do not go to school for the first day because of me." "Why should you apologizes me, I am the one want to help you, right. Moreover, this day is registration day; we'll started our lessons a day after tomorrow. Tomorrow we'll having an orientation day." state me easily. "How about the registration?" asks her. "Don't worry. I'll handle it myself.” "Okay," she replies again.

                We make our own path after a simple conversation……. I look at my watch, it is 4.30 pm sharp. I look at Shin Woo, she lean at the tree's trunk and she fall asleep there. I want ask her home but "Should I wake her? I leave her alone here? Or wait for her until she wakes up on her own." those thing keep playing in my mind and I decide to wake her "Shin Woo please wake up. It is already half past four. We must go back home." She rubs her eyes and says "What? We will leave this lovely place! But I still want sit here for a while." "We can go here every day. My house is just near here" I say to persuade she. "Really!!! I'm glad to hear that." she says and I can see that she is very happy throughout her face.

                We walk together and after 10 minutes we reach home. My brother does not come home yet and we wait for him in the living room. I serve a glass of plain water and some potato chips for Shin Woo. I know she is very hungry that time because we do not eat from early in the morning. At 5.15 pm, my only brother calls me and he says " I'm sorry Hong Ki, I'll go back home late today,” "Okay, but I want tell you something, can my friend stay with us for a few days?" I ask him. "Okay, but girl or boy?" he asks me back. "Mmm… Ggggirl…. I'm sorry but she is very desperate." I say. "Okay, never mind. Just for a few days." he says. We still wait for him in the living room and suddenly, I hear someone knocks the door and I walk to the door to open it….