Until You Return - Registration day. New friend.

Until You Return

The birds begin to sing and fly to and fro, and the sun begins to shine on this beautiful morning. I yawning and do some stretching before rushing to the bathroom to wash up. ‘Is she has wake up?” asks me to myself.

 “Won Bin hyung, is she already get ready?”

“I have no idea. I’m preparing your breakfast now. Go and asks her yourself now. Don’t late again.”

“OK.”

I standing in front of her room, as soon as I want to knock on the door, she opens it up. She is ready now. “Okay. Let we have our breakfast.” I say. “OK.” She looks very passive today doesn’t like yesterday, too much asking, too much talking and I don’t know her very well now. She is quite a weird girl. Sometime she looks very happy but sometime her face looks full of misery. I felt sorry to her.

“Hong Ki, can I ask something from you?”

“Can if I am able to do it.”

“Can I go to the same school with you?”

“Ahh ha ha. Of course you can.”

Won Bin serves the sandwiches on the table. “Tuna sandwiches!!!” I am too obsessed with tuna sandwiches. Abruptly, I thought about my old classmate, Min Hwan. His full name is Choi Min Hwan. He really obsessed to chicken. A3, the name of the group, led by Choi Jong Hoon and of course his assistant, Lee Jae Jin but Jae Jin is more close to me than Jong Hoon. One more member is Min Hwan. A3 means, three boys who have A blood type. Although I have AB blood type, I still close to them. I don’t know which school they would choose for the high school.

“Let go Mr. LHK!” She says awakes me from a long reverie.

“Oh.. OK” I reply with my blinking eyes.

We are the latecomers. I hope nobody will look us in a dim view. As soon we reached to the school, the front gate was closed and there is a notice board hang on themain gate.

 

Dear students,

We had to close up this gate earlier because today is an orientation day for the new students and the juniors here. For the senior students please go to the seminar room as well as you arrived. For the juniors please go to the main hall beside the canteen. You will be introduced to your class teacher before the orientation activities started.

 

Your principal,

Mrs. Kang

 

As soon as we walk into the school through the main gate, we heard our names called by someone using a loudspeaker “To the students who are names Lee Hong Ki and Goo Shin Woo, please go to the office now.” We rush to the school office and Shin Woo asks to me “How they know our name although we not yet registered. “I don’t know but we must quickly get there.”

We enter the office and there is a middle-aged woman sitting in front of a computer, she looks very busy but I greet her “Annyeong…” “Annyeong. Can I help both of you?” “ Oh.. We actually the latecomers …” “OK, you take these forms and fill it up and then go to the principal room and hand this form to her.” She cuts my conversation. “Gamsahabnida.” We thank her. We fill up the forms and then we walk toward the principal room. I knock the carved door, “Tok! Tok! Tok!” and then I put my hand on the doorknob to open it. My hand feels warm, a smooth palm layover my hand. I stare at Shin Woo without flutter in eyelid. I am standing in front of her like an inanimate statue.

As soon as I realized from my daydream, I quickly grab my hand. The door is open widely. “What happened to both of you? Like seeing a ghost in broad daylight.” “Nothing Mrs. Kang.” I say to equivocate. “You must be Lee Hong Ki and you must be Goo Shin Woo, right?” she asks us. Her face looks calm as calm as the coffee in the cup on the table. “Yes, we are.” We say, smile.

“You guys do not want to ask how I can know your names even though you have not registered yet.” “Oh yes . How do you know it?” I ask her back. “In fact, early in this morning your brother Mr. Won Bin comes and sees me. He didn’t want trouble you. You should thank him.” “Oh like that. I see.” I say. “Mrs. Kang , I am curious about our classes. Where will we be placed?” Shin Woo interrupts us. “About that, don’t worry I’ll tell you later. We still have to wait for one more latecomers. Hope you can be patient.

While we were chatting idly, someone knocked on the door from the outside. “Tok! Tok! Tok!” “Can I get in?” I heard a melodious boy voice. “Get in.” Sorry, madam. I’m late.” “It’s alright Song Seung Hyun. “Where is your form, Seung Hyun?” “It’s here.” “Three of you will be place in the same class. It is Amber.” “Thank you.” “It’s already 9 o’clock, better all of you go to the main hall for the orientation’s activity. One more things, your class teacher is Ms. Jang Shin Min. Go and get her there.

We get out from the office with a cheerful face. We walk to the school assembly site but no one there. All of the sudden, Seung Hyun introducing himself,  “Hello! My name is Song Seung Hyun, what is your name?” “Oh my name is Lee Hong Ki.” “And I am Goo Shin Woo.” “Nice to meet you.” He  says. “Nice to meet you too.” We reply. “Do you know where is the hall?” asks Seung Hyun. “According to the notice board at the gate, it is next to the canteen. But I don’t know where the canteen is. This school is too big.” I say then smiling. “Oh I know where canteen is. Let go now.”

Finally, we reach the canteen. Someone greets us from behind, “Three of you are the latecomers, right?” “Yes, we are.” We answer her and then look at the back. “I’m your class teacher, Ms. Jang Shin Min. Ok now you can get the map on the table there. Take along the list of the tasks that you have do. Hong Ki and Shin Woo will be in a group while you Seung Hyun with the girl over there.” She instructs us and directs her index finger to a girl who sitting there.

We open up the envelope to read out our tasks that we have to. “Ha? Treasures hunt? Puzzle? Sing a song in front of all students and teacher?” “Oh…No!”