Until You Return - The Role In The Band. Where Is The Violin?

Until You Return

“Hong Ki, since you’re the best student in our group and in our class, can you give a name to our band?” says Jong Hoon. “Sure I can.” Abruptly, I remember a sentence that my brother always write in her diary ‘YOU’RE THE TREASURE OF MY HEART.’

          “Treasure!” I holler. Hesitantly, I say to them “How about FT Island?” “Mmm… FT Island. It is a unique name.” Jong Hoon says. “Wonderful name!” Jae Jin. “FT Island, FT Island, FT Island…” Min Hwan keep repeating on it. “What means by FT Island?” Seung Hyun asks me. “Is there a mean, Hong Ki?” Jong Hoon asks me too. “Yes, the mean is Five Treasure Island. Five is five of us, treasure is something precious or treasurable and island just an additional words. I hope we will be precious in front of the juries.” I explain it to them.

            “I love you, Hong Ki!” Jae Jin says. “Hak! Hak! Hak! ‘LOVE’” Min Hwan laughs. “What about our position?” Seung Hyun asks. “Jong Hoon will be the leader and I want to be a drummer.” Min Hwan says drastically. Jae Jin says “What about me and Seung Hyun?” “You’ll be a bassist and Seung Hyun will be the guitarist and a rapper.” Jong Hoon decides. “Jong Hoon, what about me?” I say. “You’ll be the lead vocalist.” “What?????” “I don’t want to be a vocalist. I’ll play the lid guitar.” I say again.“No. I’ll play it.” Jong Hoon says.

            The final decision is

            Hong Ki – Lead vocalist

            Jong Hoon – Leader and lid guitar

            Jae Jin – Bassist

            Seung Hyun – Rapper and rhythm guitar

            Min Hwan – Drummer

 

            “I’ll make the lyrics since I’m the vocalist.” I say. “Thank you, pal” they say happily.

            Today, I go home first since Shin Woo has rehearsal for the theatre next month. Late in the evening when Won Bin is home I call him “Hyung, can I ask for help?” “Sure, what is it?” “Can you help me make a song lyric?” “Lyric?” “Oh I forget to tell you. There is an audition in my school by this weekend and we decided to form a band. One more thing, I am the lead vocalist.” “Ok. Anything for you. I’m not just helping you but I’ll complete it for you.” He says. “Thank you so much, hyung.” I hug him. “One more! It must be romantic.” I say again.

            “Tok! Tok! Tok! Anybody home?” a girl voice heard. I open up the door “Oh Shin Woo. Please come in.” “Hong Ki, I think my secret is about break now. Last morning, I overheard two policemen talking about me with Mrs. Kang in the office. My mom is searching for me now. I hope you and Won Bin hyung wouldn’t get involve in my problem.” She says. “Wait for me here.” I say and then run.

            I go to my bedroom. I see Won Bin is busy writing the lyric for me. “Won Bin hyung, I think…. Hah… I am falling in love to Shin Woo. Should I express my love to her now? Please give me an idea and maybe she will go soon, her mother is searching for her now. “You must express to her before you too late. Hong Ki takes this necklace and gives it to her.” “Whose necklace is this?” “Actually, I want give this necklace to Shin Young on her 21th birthday but I’m too late. So I give it to you now. Give her now before you are too late like me. Go now!”

            “Shin Woo, let’s go to our favorite place now!” I say. “Okay, maybe this will be my last time go there.” She says. “Don’t say like that. I don’t like it.”

            We are reaching the place; we sit together under the shady tree like we do on the first day we meet. “Hong Ki, I hope you’ll be fine when I’m gone.” Shin Woo says to me. “Shin Woo honestly I invite you here for a reason.” I say anxiously “What reason?” she asks me back.

“I love you, Shin Woo.” I say while closing my eye. “Ha?” her face turns red. “Would you accept my love?” I ask her back. She becomes wordless. You take this necklace and wear it when you accept me but if you not accept me just keep it and make it a gift from a friend.” I pull her hand and open it and put the necklace on her warm palm. She glances at me with a pair of her round eyes without blinking. “I know maybe you think we are too young to think about love but I don’t want to get late like my brother.” I say like I’m in a sad romance drama. Then, we go home together.

            Today is Tuesday, it just several days before the audition. The lyric has completed. “Hey guys the lyric is here!” I say. “Wow! What is it about?” Jong Hoon asks. “It is about someone who willing sacrificed everything only for his lover.” I say. “Hi guys! Have you made the lyric of the song?” Shin Woo interrupts our conversation. “Oh Shin Woo, Hong Ki has make it.” Seung Hyun says. “Wah it must be interesting.” “What is the title Hong Ki?” Jae Jin asks. “Oh, I forgot to give a title for the song.” I say. “Like an old person.” Min Hwan says. “Until You Return!” “Until You Return is the suitable title.” I say again. “Nice title.” They say.  

            These several evening we just spend our time for practicing at Jong Hoon’s house. “Something wrong with the intro music.” Jong Hoon says. “I think it too. I think the intro music must be added with a violin sound.” I just give an opinion. “That’s right, Hong Ki.” Min Hwan says. “But does anyone here can play the violin?” Jae Jin asks. “No!!!” They say, deny it. “Where is my lyrics?… It’s gone.” I search the lyrics in my bag. “Guys I go back first to take the copied.” “Ting Tung!” The doorbell ringing. “Let me open it.” I say.

            “Oh Shin Woo! What are you doing here?” I ask her. “Oh your brother asks me to give you this lyric.” “Oh thank you” “Can I show your practice performance?” “Sure” Jong Hoon says.

The practice begin…

            “There is something wrong with the intro music guys.” Shin Woo says. “I think it should be added with violin sound.” She says again. Everyone look at her since her opinion same with mine. “But we don’t know how to play it.” We say. “I can help you. I can play the violin.” “But you’re a girl.” “Never mind I’ll ask Mrs. Kang by tomorrow morning.”

            It is a peace morning, I look around. All the leaves on the branches drop and scatter all around since the autumn will be end by two or three days. All people in Korea are busy preparing for the winter. “Mrs. Kang, can I ask you something?” Shin Woo says. “Sure, what is it?” “Can I make a cameo for this weekend audition?” “Cameo?” “Yes I want play the violin for a band. I just want help them. Please Mrs. Kang.” “Yes you can Shin Woo. Actually, the other have a cameo too.” “Thank you so much.”

            “Hey guys I have a good news for you.” Shin Woo says happily. “I can play the violin for you.” “But I think we have one more problem.” I say. “What is it?” Jae Jin asks “Where can we find the violin? Anyone has violin here?”