Date?

True Feelings

Date?

       Minzy had been right about them been busy; the past week had been a hard routine. It had been filled with dance practices, very late studio recordings and gym schedules which ended up draining the girls. Every time the girls returned to their dorm they would sometimes gather together to eat but sometimes they were just too tired that they only wanted to head directly to sleep. Right now CL was lying in bed with her head phones on hoping that music would help her relax. It had been another hard day at work but they finally were getting a day off. For days now CL’s thought were in turmoil, after a few more minutes of debating on what dilemma she should focus on CL let out a groan and ruffled her hair in frustration. CL sat up sat up in her bed with her legs crossed and placed her IPod on her nightstand that was next to her bed. As CL was removing her hand she noticed a picture of her and the members. CL smiled as she grabbed the picture from her nightstand, in the picture the four of them were snuggled up on their couch sharing one big blanket as they pose cutely for the camera, the picture had been taken during their 2nd season of 2NE1tv. While smiling at the picture CL’s hand came up to trace over Minzy’s smile, at this moment CL’s mind was finally able to focus on one thing. CL was brought back to the day when she and Minzy were talking at the beach and then it hit her she hadn’t kept her promise. CL wondered if Minzy had kept hers and if she did she wondered if she had made any progress in conquering the other person’s heart. This made CL angry but at the same she felt fear, what if the guy was starting to feel something towards Minzy. CL realized that she was wasting precious time by overthinking about her feelings towards Minzy. CL decided that she was done wasting time, she was going to act. She wanted to take Minzy somewhere nice a place she would enjoy and a place where it was only the two of them. After more thinking CL finally knew what to do she was going to take Minzy on a picnic. She deicide that the location would be near a place she always went hiking at, this place had a beautiful and peaceful scenery which she knew Minzy would love. The more CL thought about this picnic the more she got excited, she could feel heat rushing to her cheeks as she thought about what could happen, her heartbeat quicken and her smile just kept getting wider and wider, now all she had to do was ask Minzy if she would like to go with her but that was easier said than done. Just when CL was debating whether she should txt Minzy or ask her personally a knock came from her bedroom door. When CL open the door there stood Minzy smiling brightly at her, looked like CL’s little debating problem was going to be solved.

“Hi unnie I know its late but I just wanted to give you back your sweater that you let me borrow earlier, thank you” Minzy shyly smiled as she handed the sweater to CL.

“You’re welcome Minzy” CL looked down at her sweater as silence started to surround them.

“Umm…well I guess I should get going, thanks again unnie and goodnight” Minzy gave CL a small smile before turning to leave.

Minzy wait… I w-want to ask you s-something” CL nervously stammered as she stopped Minzy by grabbing her arm.

“Yea, what is it unnie?” Minzy looked down at her arm which was still been held, she then looked at CL with a curious expression causing CL to let go of her arm. CL was trying to calm down her nervousness and speeding heart but she was having a hard time. CL’s brain went into a frenzy mode as it tried to come up with a way to ask Minzy about going to the picnic with her after all she didn’t get to practice or anything. CL took deep breaths and open to speak but nothing came out every time she tried to speak she would only close again and again while playing with her sweater. CL’s current state was starting to worry Minzy.

“Unnie, hey what is it? Is something wrong?" Minzy placed her hands on CL’s shoulders so CL would look at her.

“No nothing’s wrong… is that I wanted to ask you if you wanted to but then again you might be busy maybe you may have other plans like seen your family seen Zoey or doing something else so yea you know never mind forget I asked… umm goodnight” After stammering and rushing through her words CL took a quick look at Minzy before turning around to head to her room. CL at this point only wanted to hide as she felt embarrassed and shy. She could the feel the heat from her cheeks rising and her heart was beating so fast and loud that she actually thought that Minzy could hear it. Before CL could even set a foot inside her room she was stopped by Minzy holding her hand, when CL turned she found Minzy smiling and shaking her head at her. Minzy then grabbed CL’s other hand fully turning her around so they could face each other.

“My dear unnie what has gotten in to you? You were speaking so fast that I actually thought you were rapping” Minzy laughed while holding both of CL’s hand

“Are you making fun of me now?” CL tried to release her hands from Minzy’s grip but stopped when she felt Minzy tighten her hold. Since she couldn’t crossed her arm she just glared up at Minzy.

“What? Of course not unnie, now would you please tell what is it that you wanted to ask me?” Minzy smiled when she saw CL burrow her eyebrows in confusion.

“Are you serious? I already told you!” CL looked at Minzy with pouty lips and a frown.

“No you didn’t, in your fast speeding speech you didn’t mention it, you were about to but then you started rambling about other things. So unnie will you please tell me but first take a deep breath to calm down” Minzy smiled at CL while giving her hands a gentle squeeze.

Well I wanted to ask you if….umm… I... Minzy would you like to go on a picnic with me?” CL was unable to ask Minzy while looking at her but when she heard Minzy giggling she quickly looked at her she felt slightly scared.

“Unnie was that it? Why was it so hard to ask me that? Anyway yes unnie I would love love to go on a picnic with you!” Minzy smiled so wide when CL suddenly launched herself at her. CL smiled brightly as she hugged Minzy tightly by the neck, she felt relieved and ecstatic. "So unnie at what time are we going and where exactly will this picnic take place at?” Minzy asked as CL released her from the hug.

Huh, oh yeah umm it should be around lunch time so we should leave around 12pm. I can’t tell you where we are going but I’m pretty sure that you will like it” CL smiled at Minzy

“All right unnie I’m really looking forward to this picnic. I guess we should go to sleep now so umm goodnight” Minzy smiled at CL but was nervous as she thought of something.

“I’ll see tomorrow goodnight Minzy” CL gave Minzy a smile before retreating to her room but was stopped when Minzy called out to her. Once CL turn around Minzy leaned in planting a kiss on CL’s cheek, after pulling away Minzy just gave CL a shy smile and said goodnight once more before leaving. CL was momentarily left stunned but then happily stepped inside her room snuggling under her bed covers. Both girls felled asleep with smiles on their faces as their minds started to conjure up dreams.

The next day CL woke up at 11pm only to realize that she hadn’t gone shopping the day before what was she supposed to pack for their picnic, CL quickly got up to check the refrigerator and let out a breath of relieve when she found it fully stock. CL figured that Dara must have bought the groceries last night when she was out with Bom. With a somewhat calmer heart CL headed to the bathroom for a shower before preparing the picnic basket. It was about a 45 minute drive to the picnic location but at least it wasn’t a bad a drive except for Minzy’s constant questions asking where they were going, how long it was going to take and if she could get a snack from the picnic basket. CL really felt like she was in the car with hungry 5 year old who wouldn’t sit still but nevertheless it was a pretty adorable kid. Once their mangers parked the car CL and Minzy got off and opened the trunk to get their things.

“I hope you are feeling energize Minzy because we are going to do some hiking that’s the only way to reach the picnic spot” CL smiled at Minzy as she grabbed the picnic basket, 2 blankets, and 2 pairs of hiking boots.

“Hiking? Well this is going to be my first time but I’m ready and wow when did you bought this boots unnie?" Minzy asked as she put her boots on.

“I actually had them since the first time I asked you and the other members if you guys wanted to go hiking with me” CL said as she tied her shoelaces.

“I actually like them, oh yeah do I get one of those sticks?” Minzy asked while she put her book pack on.

“Sticks?” CL looked at Minzy with her head slightly tilted to the side.

“Yea I’m talking about those stick?” Minzy smiled pointing to the hiking poles that were hidden behind some boxes.

“Minzy those are called hiking poles and yes we can use them” CL giggled as she handed one to Minzy.

       The hike to the small pond involved many pathways that zig zag its way inside the dense forest. The pathways started to show signs of Mother Nature claiming it back to its original state. As they continue to make their way deeper into the forest CL and Minzy found themselves making small conversation. No matter how much Minzy harped on wanting to know the location of their picnic CL never conceded. After a while Minzy stopped attempting and both continue making their way through the forest. Twigs snapped under their boots scaring away any wildlife that was curious enough to see who the foreigners were. As they reached their destination one could see that the pond was hidden behind some thick bushes concealing it from any wanderers that followed the pathway. The pond itself was shallow and only a few feet deep. A few lilies floated gingerly over the surface slowly drifting from the breeze. On the opposite side of the pond laid a small patch of orange flowers shining radiantly from the sun’s rays that branched through the tick foliage of the trees. Minzy was awe struck and was overwhelmed by the scenery before her eyes. Her eyes darted around trying to absorb as much as she could. CL showed a foolish smile, giggling at the reaction of Minzy. After a few second CL said smiling half giggling, “Well don’t forget to breath!”

“Unnie… this place is beautiful… it’s just wow!” Minzy smiled brightly as she turned to look at CL who was grinning back at her. CL and Minzy laid down a blanket on a dry clear spot and began unpacking their picnic.

“So unnie, how did you found out about this place?” Minzy asked while she took out some wrapped sandwiches that CL had packed.

“My dad was the one who showed me this place; one day I told him that I would like to go hiking with him so the next day he brought me here. I don’t come here very often because of our schedules but when we are not busy I come here to relax and to forget about the stress from work. It’s very quiet and peaceful here especially since this place is hidden form other people” CL smiled at Minzy as she handed her a bottle of juice.

“Well thank you again unnie for sharing this special hideout with me. I don’t know about you unnie but I’m really starving I hope you packed enough sandwiches” Minzy laughed before taking a big bite out of her sandwich.

“I know you tend to have a big appetite at times so yes I brought plenty so eat up Maknae” CL laughed when Minzy eyes went wide when she placed 3 more sandwiches in front of her. Throughout their meal smiles and laughter were exchange as both Minzy and CL shared stories from their childhood and without them noticing time had quickly passed by.

“CL, can I ask you something? It’s kind of random” Minzy looked at CL who was starting to unpack different containers which contained different fruits.

“Yea sure, what is it?” CL asked while grabbing a sliced piece of pineapple.

“If you were to take someone on a date where would you take them?” Minzy turned to look at CL and saw that she seem confuse by her question at first but then she looked thoughtful as she was thinking of an answer.

“Hmm… on a first date I think I would take them to a quiet and nice place. This place has to kind of unknown and by that I mean I don’t want any fans or reporters to find us. It has to be a place where will we will be free from any interruptions. So I personally would take them on a picnic.” CL answered as she grabbed a slice of kiwi.

“Ah I see… so we’re on a date” Minzy smirked when CL rapidly turned her head in her direction staring at her with wide eyes and slightly pink cheeks.

“What?! Of course not… we’re on a picnic and I-I mean…. Aniya this is not a date!” CL couldn’t control her stutter. After her brain finally register what was happening she couldn’t stop the heat that she felt rising from her neck to her cheeks or the rate at which her heartbeat was beating at. When CL decided to take a look at Minzy she found her still with a smirk on her face and a mischievous glint in her eyes.

“So unnie since we finish eating what would you do next on a date? What do people normally do? Do they hold hands like this?” Minzy continue to smirk as she reached over and grabbed both of CL’s hands trapping them in her slightly bigger hands.

“Ya maknae! S-stop! Stop teasing your unnie right now!” CL exclaimed as she released her hands from Minzy’s warm soft hands and started to swat away Minzy’s hands which were trying to grab hers again. While Minzy continue to laugh CL could only continue to heat up.

Ok so no holding hands. Do they stare at each other’s eyes like this?” With both hands Minzy grabbed CL face which was looking down at her lap and lifted it upwards so their eyes could meet. Minzy could feel the warmness that was coming from CL’s cheeks on her palm and without knowing she tenderly started CL’s cheeks with her thumb. Minzy giggle and smile every time CL timidly meant her gaze but then would quickly look away. Minzy decided to take her playful teasing a little bit further by leaning her face closer to CL while still maintaining her hold on CL’s face. CL’s eyes rapidly widen as she saw Minzy’s face coming closer and closer, along with her heart CL’s breathing started to quicken also. The butterflies in her stomach started to fly uncontrollably as excitement started to run through every nerve in her body. CL couldn’t take any more of Minzy’s teasing, it was torture to her. CL knew that if she didn’t stop this then she would let her body take control which meant that she would close the gap between their lips. She really wanted to feel Minzy’s soft lips against hers once again, but this wasn’t going happen, at least not now. So with a disappointing heart CL pushed Minzy’s face away with both her hands which caused Minzy to fall on her back laughing.

“Maknae cut it out! Bad Minji why are you teasing me so much? You’re worse than Bom and Dara!” CL glared at Minzy who continue to laugh on the floor. CL knew that Minzy was just goofing around and been playful but yet it still hurt. Even though she knew it wasn’t true she still felt like Minzy was playing with her feelings and Minzy’s laughter was actually making her mad. So when Minzy smiled at her she snapped. CL grabbed an extra blanket that was besides her and tried to hit Minzy with it but Minzy used her quick reflexes and dodge the hit. Minzy laughed and started to run when she saw CL standing up ready to charge at her. CL started to chase Minzy trying to hit her but every time Minzy managed to escape, CL at the end got really frustrated and tired that she plummeted to the ground with her arms crossed across her chest. Minzy stopped laughing and running when she notice that her unnie wasn’t chasing her anymore she instead saw CL sitting on the floor apparently angry. Minzy was actually staring to feel nervous and worry maybe her teasing did went a little bit too far, she felt bad. Minzy slowly and cautiously approach CL and called out to her but CL made no attempt to look at her.

“Unnie? I’m sorry, I shouldn’t have teased you, I didn’t mean to make you mad” Minzy crouched down in front of CL but still got no respond instead CL turn a away from her without even giving her glance. Minzy now was really worried what if because of her teasing she ruined their special picnic. Minzy stoop up and headed towards the picnic basket and grabbed a big juicy strawberry.

“CL unnie I’m really really sorry I was just playing around. I did take the teasing a little bit too far and look what it caused. I’m sorry please forgive me” Minzy sat down crossed leg in front of CL and stretched her hand that was holding the strawberry to CL. CL was able to get a glimpse of the strawberry and tried hard not to smile as she realized that Minzy was using her favorite fruit as a peace offering. Slowly CL raised her head and saw that Minzy did looked worried and afraid at the same time, it looked like CL had Minzy right where she wanted.

“I forgive you Minzy” CL smiled at Minzy and giggled when Minzy gave her a cute eye smile.

“Unnie, to make sure that you forgive me would you please accept this peace offering?” Minzy leaned her hand a little bit closer to CL and waited nervously to see if CL would take it, then will she be at peace.

“Of course I accept it” CL smirked at Minzy before grabbing her outstretched hand and taking a bite of the strawberry. When CL looked up she saw Minzy staring back at her with wide shock eyes, blushing cheeks, and with a mouth that was hanging open.

“Yum it so juicy and sweet here you try” CL smirked at Minzy before her lips slowly which caused Minzy’s eyes to widen more. Without releasing her hold on Minzy’s hand she guided the hand toward Minzy’s lips. Before letting Minzy eat the strawberry she slowly brushed the strawberry across Minzy’s lower lip while smirking at Minzy’s reaction.

“It’s good right? Oh maknae you look so cute right now” CL smirked one more time at Minzy before standing up to start packing up their picnic things so they could head back home. While CL did that Minzy on the other hand was still glued to her spot with the strawberry still inside . While her brain still tried to process everything that had just happen, her heart was beating at a rate that was definitely not normal. She felt her body’s temperature raising but she could also feel a shiver run down her spine. In her current state Minzy hadn’t realize that CL had everything packed away.

“Minzy are you going to sit there all day or are you going to come over here and help me with this stuff?” CL giggled as she saw Minzy snap out of the trance that she was in. With a smile on her face she waited for Minzy so they could head back to their managers car. It was around dinner when they arrived to their apartment; during their trip back they both had fallen asleep. Upon arriving at CL’s dorm floor an awkward energy started to form between the two maknaes

“Well I umm… I hope you enjoyed the picnic Minzy. I guess I’ll see you later if not then I’ll see you tomorrow at the practice room.” CL smiled at Minzy as she nervously clutched her keys in her hand.

“I had a blast unnie and I hope we can go again maybe next time with Bom and Dara. Thank you once again for this wonderful day” Minzy smiled cutely at CL before giving her a peck on her cheek. CL blushed and watched as Minzy started to climb up the stairs to her dorm. Just when CL was about to open her door Minzy called out to her making her turned around.

“Oh yeah unnie I almost forgot I hope we get to go on another date real soon!” Minzy laughed at her unnies reaction before bolting up the stairs just in case CL decided to throw her keys at her.

“Gong Minji!”CL exclaimed as she saw Minzy quickly disappear up the stairs. CL shook her head and smiled to herself as she realized that each day she kept falling more in love with that maknae of hers.


So sorry for the late late update, but in celebration of CL's Birthday i give you Chapter 12 lol I hope you guys like it. Please leave a comment i love reading them and i'll see you next time bye guys! :D

P.S Thank you cornNbearbrick for the picnic idea <3