Interrogation Trial & A Little Deeper Into The Past

Everytime we talk, I'll fall a little harder.

"Bring the criminals in!" commanded Taeyeon coldly as she signalled for the trial to begin.

Because the King and Queen were soon leaving the throne,
the three princesses were left with the decisions of the people.
The princesses sat tall and board with hard faces as they listened to each pleading immortals.

The three princesses took turns in giving their answer.
However, when a simple request came through,
they would ask the girls for their opinions.

Unfortunately, Sooyoung only sat there and watched while the trial went on.
The reason behind it was because the King wasnt in the favour of Sooyoung at all.
He regarded her as an extra cast,
unexpected situation.
Nevertheless, he allowed Sooyoung to be in the great hall for the trial viewing.

The trial were slow and draggy, it started from afternoon and went on till evening.
To be honest, although it went slow and draggy, the trial was good.
It was immortals afer immortals,
pleadinng for their lives after stealing, cheating or killing.

However, the princesses were hard and firm with their decisions,
showing a merciless side that the girls had never seen before.

It was not long before the last trial.
Two brothers went forward to the three princesses and knelt down in respect.

Taeyeon stood infront of them,
raised ehr eyebrow and examined them with a hard gaze.

"What has brought the two of you here today?" asked Taeyeon coldly.

"Our sister has been taken" replied the brother with the brown hair.

His head was still casted downwards.

"So the two of you had taken things into your own hands" said Yuri sternly as she joined Taeyeon and examined the brothers.
"You know the rules"

"Yes Princess Taeyeon and Princess Yuri"
"For our only sister" replied the other brother with his heads casted downwards too.

"But you know the rules"
"And yet, you did it"
"You tried to murder a fellow immortal" added Yoona with her arms folded across her shoulders.

With a soft sigh, the two brothers looked up with hallow eyes and nodded.

"Then whats there to plead for?"
"The verdict is obvious, isnt it?" hissed Yuri impatiently.

"Taking things into your own hands with the permission of the ruler" said Taeyeon as she turned back to her seat.

"Death" added Yoona coldly.

The two brothers stayed still and nodded sadly as if they knew it was the outcome.
However, Jessica sat there listening to their story.
It felt as though Jessica could understand how they felt.

Taeyeon sighed and Jessica knew what her answer would be.
Taeyeon, together with Yuri and Yoona would be sentencing them to death.
Although it wasnt the first case today that has such a harsh verdict,
Jessica couldnt see it come out like that without getting a few answer.

Before Taeyeon could give the verdict, Jessica took a deep breath and stood up.
Walking towards the two criminals boldly while everyone's eyes shot out to her,
even her two best friends Tiffany and Sunny.
Sooyoung, on the other hand was smirking.
She was really impressed by Jessica's boldness and courage.

"Why did you do it?"
"Why did you go after that immortal?" asked Jessica with a soft voice because Jessica felt that a soft voice would definitely help the brothers relax so that they could answer her.

"Because we believed that he had abducted our youngest sister" replied the brown headed boy.

Jessica took another step nearer to them.

"So can i say that you two were just trying to find her and make sure your younger sister was safe"
"At all costs"

The brothers nodded in agreement.
Jessica smiled and turned to the three princesses who was now watching Jessica with interest.

"Princess Taeyeon, Yuri and Yoona" started Jessica but was cut off by Yuri.

"Who has her?"

The brothers watched each others' expression before answering.

"Baek Yaengjun"

Yoona turned to the guards who were standing at the far corners of the room.

"Bring him in"

The guards nodded, went out of the room and came back with a man with dark mysterious eyes and blonde hair.
That man, was giving Jessica a cold hard menancing murderous look that unnerved her.

"Baek Yaengjun"

The man bowed at the three princess.

Jessica studied his pose and formed face while the three princesses continued the unexpected extended trial.
Baek Yaengjun was trying hard to fix his facial structure.
From that look, Jessica knew he was hiding something but didnt want to continue interrupting the trial so she went back to her seat.

"Impressive, honeystar" whispered Sooyoung with a wink.

Jessica ignored Sooyoung and focused on the trial while the three princesses questioned the criminals.

"Are what these brothers said true?"
"Have you taken their sister?" ask Taeyeon sternly and coldly.

Jessica watched as the man's face turned into the sweetest and most innocent face she had ever seen.
She growled silently at the man's despicable side.

"No Princess Taeyeon"
"Absolutely not"
"I've not even met their sister, much less to have have her abducted"

Jessica noted the hint of glut in his overbearing eyes.
She didnt like him one bit at all and wanted to actually dash forward at him.
To beat the out of a man like him, a shameless one.
But to her surprise, Sooyoung was holding onto her hands tightly.

"Dont"
"Stay calm" whispered Sooyoung seriously.

Yuri went over to the guy and stared at him down into his eyes.
Iron walls that were built within him crumbled down immediately with Yuri's intense stare.
Jessica let out a soft sigh of relief.

"You/re lying, Baek Yaengjun" hissed Yoona angrily.
"We dont accept liars"

He instantly narrowed his eyes at her.
Jessica couldnt take it anymore and stormed up to him.

"Stop your glare at a princess like her"
"Just confess and they might go easy on you"

The man growled furiously as he eyed at Jessica murderously.
Before anyone could do or say anything, he brought his hands up to Jessica's neck and tightened his grip around her neck.

"I dont need a mere weak human like you to tell me what to do!" hissed the man angrily as he further tightened his grip.

Jessica's face turned from red to pale white.

"Jessi/Sica!" shouted Tiffany and Sunny worriedly as they were in a position, ready to attack the man anytime.

Taeyeon, Yoona and Yuri stood still in their steps.

"Let her go" commanded Taeyeon coldly with authority as she glared at him angrily.

"Why?"
"Why should i?"
"I'll definitely be sentenced to death"
"It doesnt matter if im going to kill one more right?" smirked the man evily.

Yuri was about to rush forward and get the man off Jessica but was pulled back by Sekyung with a whine and pout.

"Yuri~"
"Dont go, he's dangerous"
"He might hurt you" whined Sekyung as she held onto Yuri's arms.

Frustrated and annoyed, Yuri just yanked Sekyung hands away roughly and turned to Jessica.
Jessica was slowly losing her vision as it became dark and blurry.
Sooyoung, who just couldnt stand watching the useless princesses standing there,
she just dashed forward at an extreme speed which probably even faster than the immortals.
Well, afterall she's a mixed which might probably explain her supreme speed.
Within a second, she had the man pinned down onto the ground hard.

The man widened his eyes with shock.
Guards started surrounding the man and soon got the man away from Sooyoung and Jessica.
Jessica was laying limplessly on the ground, coughing a little before losing conscious.
Tiffany and Sunny immediately left their seats and followed Sooyoung out as she carried Jessica in bridal style away from the great hall.

At that point of time, worries and guilt filled the eyes of Yuri's.
Her beloved was in the hands of another.
Her beloved was being hurt by a mere immortal and she couldnt do anything about.

"Right, back to the trial" started Taeyeon coldly after Tiffany, Sunny, Jessica and Sooyoung left the room.
"I'll grant you two brothers to search for your sister"
"And as for Baek Yaengjun, he'll be sentenced to death" said Taeyeon finally.

"Kamsahamnida Princess Taeyeon, Princess Yuri and Princess Yoona"
"And also, that human lady too" said the two brothers gratefully with a smile plastered on their face.

"As for where your sister is"
"You can go ahead and search for her"
"But not to the extend of killing another immortal"
"We'll get the statement out of Baek Yaengjun before sentencing him to death about your sister's whereabouts" added Yuri firmly.

The two brothers nodded gratefully before exiting the great hall.
The grateful smiles, the contented, relieved smiles on the brothers' face was pricesless.
As soon as the brothers left, Taeyeon ended the whole trial and dismissed everyone.

"Yoona, lets go now"
"Jessica's room" said Taeyeon as she turned to Yoona, ignoring the presence of Yuri.

With a nod, Yoona reached out to Taeyeon's hands and disappeared within a second.
Yuri wanted to follow but was pulled down by Sekyung.
Yanking her hands away angrily, Yuri growled at her in frustration.

"Just what the hell do you want from me?!"
"I dont love, dont you get it?!"
"The kiss, the news and everything!"
"Dont think i dont know you've fabricated everything!" shouted Yuri in distress.

"I dont need anything but you"
"I need you, Yuri"
"I cant live without you" whined Sekyung with a cute pout.

"Then dont live" snapped Yuri angrily.
"Just to let you know, i can live without you"
"Stop touching me"
"One more touch and i swear i'll break your hands or snap their bones" warned Yuri before she left the room.

Taeyeon and Yoona, on the other hand still couldnt believe what their sister,
Yuri had done to Jessica right after they brought Jessica back from the hospital.
Appearing into Jessica's room, Taeyeon and Yoona let out a sigh of relief after hearing the chuckles of Jessica.

"Jessica, i thought you needed Siwon oppa again!" exasperated Yoona dramatically as she went over and put her arms around Sunny's waist and kissed her on the lips sweetly.
"Missed you" whispered Yoona lovingly.

Sunny smiled and hugged Yoona tighter.
Taeyeon walked over to Jessica and lightly lifted her head by pushing her chin up and observed the red marks on her neck.
Tiffany shook her head sadly as she watched the red marks being revealed clearly.
Purple bruises around it had also formed up.
Taeyeon sighed a little and stood beside Tiffany.

"Im sorry Jessica"
"We couldnt do anything at that point of time to help you" sighed Taeyeon sadly.

Jessica smiled.

"Dont worry Taeyeon"
"Im fine, i wont let that jerk get me down" said Jessica with a soft chuckle.

Jessica then saw Tiffany's worried look with sympathetic eyes.

"Hey Tiff"
"Its just a few bruises here and there"
"It will heal soon, isnt it?" said Jessica comfortingly.

"No.."
"Its not only about this" said Tiffany as she sat down on Jessica's bed.

Taeyeon sighed a little, nodding to YoonSun as they took a step back,
and stood beside Sooyoung, at the back of the room.
Sooyoung brought Jessica back, but stood by the back of the room silently as she watched over her.
Tiffany caressed Jessica's face concernly.

"We've gotten your report this morning before the trial Jessi"
"It was confirmed that you're diagnosed with leukemia.."

"Finally" muttered Sooyoung as she rolled her eyes.

"You knew about it?" whispered Yoona with widened eyes.

"Of course i did"
"I even told that dumb Yuri but she just simply brushed it off"
"Didnt she?"
"I said i tasted something in her blood that she's sick" whispered Sooyoung in reply with a soft sigh.

The trio then returned their focus to Tiffany and Jessica.
Tiffany had always been closer to Jessica than Sunny,
not knowing why though.
But Jessica had always listened to Tiffany's words well since they were friends.
So they decided to let Tiffany persuade Jessica back to the hospital for further treatments.

"I know" replied Jessica bluntly.

"Then why didnt you tell us?"

"I just had this feeling that im getting it"
"But how do you expect me to bring myself to tell you all?"
"I dont wish to see you all looking like this" said Jessica as she got a little teary.

"Then go for the treatment Jessi"
"If you go, we wont be looking like this anymore" persuaded Tiffany worriedly.

Jessica shook her head firmly.

"Why?"
"Are you afraid of what you went through yesterday?"

Jessica shook her head and smiled.

"Yesterday, the pain and everything"
"I've expected it, Tiff"
"I was told to go for another check up before i was being brought here"
"And i was pre-told of what i would be going through"
"So i went to look it up on the internet" said Jessica with a weak smile.

Tiffany sighed.

"Then whats keeping you from going for the treatment?"
"You know we're all worried about you right?"

"I know, thats because i know thats why i dont want to"
"I dont want to die on the hospital bed, Tiff"
"I really dont want to" said Jessica as tears finally fought through her eyes and down her face as she hugged Tiffany tightly.

"Silly, you wont okay?" cooed Tiffany sadly.
"We wont, we wont let you go"
"If you go, we're leaving together"
"This is what best friends are for right?"


Taeyeon's and Yoona's POV

What are they talking about now..?
Gee, why did they change their language so quickly?!

End of Taeyeon's and Yoona's POV

Sunny rolled her eyes at the conversation.

Sunny's POV

Again, English.
Gosh, now how i wished i had stayed in America before.
They are always like this, in their American self when they are at their wits end.
Or probably at the verge of breaking down.

End of Sunny's POV

Jessica shook her head sadly.

"No, you cant"
"You have Taeyeon now"
"And you're an immortal"
"You cant let Taeyeon down after watching her go through so much for you" said Jessica with a sob.

Tiffany pulled Jessica apart and gave her a cold hard stare.

"Jessi.."

Jessica sighed and looked up at Tiffany for a few seconds before looking away.

"Let me consider about it for a night"
"I'll give you a reply tomorrow" said Jessica finally.

"Okay, we'll come back tomorrow to get your reply"
"If its a no, we'll drag you there" said Tiffany firmly as she went to Taeyeon walked out of the room with her, with YoonSun behind thme.

As soon as they left the room, Yuri came in with a worried look.

"Are you hurt badly?" asked Yuri panickly as she approached Jessica.

Jessica just turned her back at Yuri without any response.

"Just let me see if you're hurt badly.."
"I'll leave right after that alright?" pleaded Yuri sadly.

Jessica still lied there on the bed, not budging a little.
But her heart, was hurting as if millions of needles and arrows were consecutively piercing through it.

Yuri sighed and nodded.
She walked over to the side table of Jessica's bed and left a tube of cream on it.

"This, apply on the bruises"
"It works wonders" muttered Yuri sadly as she left the room.

Sooyoung then walked over to Jessica and sat on her bed,
beside Jessica and grabbed the tube of cream.
Opening it, Sooyoung squeezed a small amount on her fingers and pulled Jessica to face her.

Jessica glared at her coldly.
But Sooyoung just ignored her stare and lifted her head up,
revealing the red and purple bruises.
Before Jessica's mind could figure out what Sooyoung was about to do,
Sooyoung's fingers were onto Jessica's neck gently,
moving about with the cold feeling on it.

"Feeling better?" asked Sooyoung with a smirk.
"Told you, stop doing things so recklessly"
"You're just a human, honeystar"
"You're no longer like your best friends Tiffany and Sunny whom you grew up with for the past 12 years"

"12 years..?"
"You knew about us?" asked Jessica as she let Sooyoung massaged her neck with the cream for a little longer.

To be honest, Jessica liked the touch.
It was so warm, caring and loving.
To add on, it somehow ease the pain of the bruises on her neck.

"I told you, i've been watching you from afar"
"I know which school you been to, your class etc"

"But how did you ome across me?" asked Jessica curiously.

"Well, this is a sad story to begin with"
"Ever since i was born, i was kinda abandoned by my parents"
"As you can see, my mum is herer whilst my dad" said Sooyoung with a sigh.

She paused awhile.

"He went missing"
"So i loitered around the place where you humans lived"
"IAt that point of time, i didnt know there was a fixed distinct separated borders between huamns and immortals"
"As well as lycans like us"
"But im a mixed"
"So as i was loitering around, i came across this ice cream parlour outisde a huge looking building"
"Which later i realised it was the hospital"
"There sat 3 cute little girls"
"One look rather pale with an infus on her hands, while another with a pink cast on her arm and you"
"Believe it or not, i really felt the attachment with you after seeing you for the first time"

Jessica sighed and put her hands up,
pams facing Sooyoung.

"Stop, mutt"
"Just stop it" said Jessica with her eyes stressfully.

Sooyoung looked at her confusely.
Jessica opened her eyes at look at Sooyoung apologetically.

"Im sorry mutt"
"Its just, i dont think im able to take all these now"
"A lot of things are running through my head"
"My head is hurting badly now"

Sooyoung smiled.

"Its okay honeystar"
"I'll be here for you anytime you need"
"Anytime you need to hear my story"
"Even if the world turns against you, i'll be here"

Jessica's POV

Even the world turns against me?
Will Yuri ever turn her back against me one day?
Or will i ever live to see that one day?

End of Jessica's POV

"Its okay mutt"
"Stop sweet-talking with me" said Jessica coldly.

Paused for a few seconds, Jessica then continued.

"I was just wondering"
"Since you're a halfblood"

Sooyoung chuckled.

"Mudblood?" repeated Sooyoung in amazement.
"Did you just read or watched too much of Harry Potter series of books and movies?"

Jessica rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"So what if i did?"
"Or should i call you a muttblood instead of halfblood?"

"Anything you like, honeystar"

"So, as i was saying, you're a halfblood"
"And the Queen is a royalty, so does that mean you have a special ability too?"

Sooyoung nodded.

"I have the voice of persuation" said Sooyoung bluntly.

"Then try persuading me to go for the treatment" replied Jessica immediately.

"Well, im intending to do so honeystar" smirked Sooyoung.

There was a paused and Sooyoung took a deep breath.

"Honeystar, will go you for the treatment?"
"I want you to live, to live for me and everyone that cares about you" said Sooyoung persuasively.
"We all love you, you deserve to live"
"You dont deserve anything like what Yuri had done to you, honeystar''

To be honest,
that voice, that tone,
it was really very persuasive and if the person listening to it wasnt Jessica,
the persuation would have succeeded.

Sooyoung noticed it wasnt working and frowned.
But she placed her hand on Jessica's hair and brushed it down.

"Dont honeystar, dont block my persuation"
"I know you love the tone and voice of it"
"But im doing you a favour to persuade you into it, honeystar"
"Its for your own good" further persuaded Sooyoung concernly.

"Im sorry it doesnt work on my mutt"
"Let me tell you something, i can actually sense if one is lying a not"
"Its like my sixth sense and most of the time, it worked pretty accurately well"
"Adding on, believe it or not"
"If i want, i can refrain myself from being persuaded by a voice of a mutt" said Jessica sacarstically.

"Hmm.."
"Interesting"

"Anyway, mutt"
"How is this place linked to where i live?" asked Jessica suddenly.

Sooyoung narrowed her eyes at Jessica suspiciously.

"Something fishy"

"I just wanted to know"
"I didnt say i wanted to escape, did i?" defended Jessica immediately, but calmly.

Sooyoung nodded with a smile.

"I doubt you would bear to leave me here alone too" teased Sooyoung playfully.

Jessica glared at her.

"Mutt.." hissed Jessica angrily.

"Okay okay fine"
"I was just kidding"
"I know you cant leave your Yuri"

Jessica kept quiet.

"You know honeystar"
"You said you could see through one's lies"
"Did you try on Yuri?"
"Did you try to see if she's lying to you?" asked Sooyoung casually.

"Stop trying to change the topic"
"You've yet to answer my question"

"Okay fine"
"Theres a magical forest by the back of the castle and by walking straight into it"
"Theres a portal inside and stepping through the portal, you'll be able to get through it and back to where you came from" exasperated Sooyoung with a sigh.
"Now answer mine"

Jessica made a mental note to remember down the way of getting out of here before replying to Sooyoung's question.

"Because i dont have the confidence to do so"
"What if its real?"
"What if Yuri really did it?"
"What if i cant take the truth?"

"But why dont you look at the brighter side?"
"Yuri might probably be framed" said Sooyoung with a shrug.

Jessica looked at her in disbelief.

"I thought you hated her"
"Why are you speaking up for her?"

Sooyoung nodded and let out an adorable chuckle.

"Well, i do hate her"
"I hate her for hurting my honeystar"
"But of course, i know my honeystar cant live without her"
"I love my honeystar and i want her to be happy"
"Its okay if i cant have my honeystar because i know that as long as shes happy"
"I will be"
"Plus im used to watching her from afar" said Sooyoung with a sad sigh but turned it to a bright smile within seconds.

Jessica's eyes widened in shock at Sooyoung's blunt confession again.
Sooyoung's been confessing to Jessica quite a lot lately and to be frank,
Jessica was a little touched by Sooyoung's sweetness through it.


A/N: *Blue conversation means it was conversed in ENGLISH.
Well, readers i've updated another chapter for you peeps(:
So how was SMTOWN@Jakarta?
I guess marjority of you are from Indonesia.
Next stop for SMTOWN will be at SG.
Im gonna buy the tickets next Saturday! (':

Anyway, how is this chapter?
Sad? Boring? Or..?
Sooyoung's actually a really nice person alright?
And lets see what will happen to Jessica in the next chapter, shall we?

Thanks for being so supportive.
I was thinking of setting up another 2 story of TaeSic & JeTi.
I've never tried JeTi before and my first fanfic was TaeSic but it wasnt very well written.
So i wanted to do something better than my first fanfic,
how does that sound?


Comments and subscribers,
keep them rolling in! <3