The Beginning

Everytime we talk, I'll fall a little harder.

The mall was filled with last minute shoppers as Christmas was nearing.
Crowded queues, as well as impatient children filled Sunny's eyes as she was searching for her two best friends.
Since Sunny's height wasnt very ideal, she had to tip toe as well as hopping around to get a glimpse of where her two best friends were.
Just then, Sunny had finally spotted two familiar figures, one with a red hair while the other with a blonde hair,
at a table, in a corner of the Starbucks cafe.
Huge smiles were plastered on their faces as they were took a sip of their iced coffee while waiting for Sunny.
Quickly walking over to the duo, Sunny sat down immediately with an apologetic look.

"Im sorry for being late!" apologised Sunny with an awkward smile

"Yeah right"
"Now tell me why are you late?" asked Tiffany, feigning annoyed.

Sunny has always been late.
The number of times Sunny has been on time can be counted with the fingers on one of their hands.

"Let me guess"
"Must be because of the traffic?"
"Or that you spilled something onto your clothes when you're on your way out?"
"Or is it that you've forgotten about the time?" said Jessica with a soft chuckle.

"Im sorry girls"
"You know i love you girls right?"
"And, i've brought you girls Christmas presents!" said Sunny, trying to tempt her besties by flashing two bright pink coloured bags infront of the duo.
"Guess i'll save it for myself then"

"YAH!" exclaimed the duo in unison

"How could you always tempt us with presents?!" exasperated Tiffany as she snatched the bag with her name on it.

"Precisely" agreed Jessica as she took hers from Sunny.

"What?" shrugged Sunny innocently.
"I thought you girls wont need my presents anymore since you girls are mad at me"
"Plus, its not like you girls cant afford what my gifts for you were" said Sunny as she stole a sip from Jessica's iced coffee.

"YAH!" scolded Jessica as she landed a light slap on Jessica's back.
"Why are you stealing my drink now!"
"You cant drink iced stuff!" said Jessica as she pushed her drink away from Sunny.

Sunny pouted.

"No aegyo" said Tiffany firmly.
"You cant drink iced stuff, thats true"

"Just a tiny weeny bit please?" pleaded Sunny with puppy eyes.

"Lets just dump our iced coffee Tiff" sighed Jessica as she stood up from her seat with her iced coffee.

With a nod, Tiffany followed behind her,
leaving a disappointed Sunny behind.

"Its Christmas eve for goodness sake!" exasperated Sunny dramatically with her hands up in the air.

"Nope, even if its Christmas eve"
"Its still a NO Sunny" said Jessica as she came over to Sunny with her arms over Sunny's shoulder.

"Yeah, its all for your own good" added Tiffany with a weak smile.
"Come on, lets do some Christmas shopping, shall we?"

Sunny sighed disappointedly and got up from her seat.
Hooking their arms together, they walked off to the different shops in the mall with their laughters joining the noise of the malls.
Browsing through the clothes in a store, Sunny held an awkward expression.

"JeTi" called Sunny

JeTi is the name Sunny would call whenever she wants to speak to her two besties.
I mean, well,
by calling Jessica and Tiffany is far too long.
And, JeTi fits well too.

"After thinking for quite sometime"
"I think, i should take back my present for you girls" said Sunny shyly.

Instead, Jessica and Tiffany returned Sunny an assuringly smile as they each put an arm over Sunny's shoulder.

"Sunny, i think you should really change your thinking every Christmas or any special occassion"

"Exactly, especially during the times when you gifts us with presents" added Jessica with a smirk as she gave Sunny's cheek a soft pinch.

"But my presents.."

"Hey" called Tiffany as she clasp Sunny's face in her hands.
"Sunny, we made friends with you is not about our family background"
"Neither is it because you're not rich and we're being your friend as if we're pitying you"

"Yup"
"Sunny, believe it or not, we've been keeping your presents really safe in our rooms" winked Jessica as she gave Sunny a light squeeze on her hands.
"And, why are you always like this ever since you grew up and knew about our family background" said Jessica as if shes complaining to Sunny.

"I miss our young, innocent and naive Sunny who doesnt know anything" added Tiffany with a sigh.
"I know, our families have quite some difference"
"But we cant choose who our families are right?"
"And have you forgotten how long we've been best friends?" asked Tiffany with a concerned look.

"We've been best friends for 12 years Sunny!"
"12 whole years!" exasperated Jessica, giving Sunny's hair a little ruffle.


·Jung Soo-yeon, Jessica;
-Granddaughter of Seoul's National University Hospital's CEO.
-Mrs Jung, the head nurse of Seoul's National University Hospital.
-Mr Jung, the CEO of the Jungs' corporation.
-Only child of the Mr&Mrs Jung.


·Hwang Mi-young, Tiffany;
-Mr Hwang, the CEO of Hwangs' tradings.
-Mrs Hwang, deceased.
-Only child of Mr&Mrs Hwang.


·Lee Soon-kyu, Sunny;
-Mr Lee, an ordinary diligent office worker.
-Mrs Lee, a passionate pre-school teacher.


12 Years Ago..

Jessica came from a really weathly, well-to-do family.
But because of the wealth of her family, her family members had to work really hard for their business etc.
While for Jessica's mum, although she's just a head nurse,
she cant 'slack' for any moment because she had to give her best in everything as the hospital is owned by Jessica's grandfather,
Mrs Jung's dad.
Since everyone was busy with their own work, Jessica had no one to accompany her.
Days whereby she got bored, she would travel to the hospital to visit her family members who were at work.

There was once, where the 6 year-old Jessica travelled down to the hospital to visit her mum because she misses her badly but was being denied the visit because her mum was in a surgery theatre, busy with her own work.
Disappointed, Jessica walked over to the playroom whereby it was meant for kids who were hospitalised to play inside there.
Entering the room, Jessica was surprised to see that the room was pretty empty except that there was two little girl playing with each other.
Taking a few steps further into the room, Jessica found a corner by the room and sat down there.
Soon, tears were slowly streaming down her face.

The other two girls who were in the room noticed that Jessica was tearing up.
Concerned and curious, the duo walked over to Jessica with a shy smile.

"Anyeonghaseyo" bowed a girl with a pink cast on her left arm shyly
"Tiffany imnida"

"Anyeonghaseyo" bowed the other with an infused hand, holding onto her IV stand.
"Sunny imnida"

Jessica looked up with teary eyes.

"Anyeong..hase..yo.."
"Jessica.. imnida.." sobbed Jessica.

"Anyeong Jessica-sshi"
"Why are you crying?" asked Sunny curiously as she sat down beside Jessica comfortably.
"Come on, dont cry"
"You're so pretty, dressed up with such pretty clothes"
"If you cry, you'll turn ugly" said Sunny innocently as she attempted to wipe the tears off Jessica's cheeks.

"Yup Jessica-sshi"
"Dont cry!"
"We'll bring you for ice-cream okay?" suggested Tiffany with an eye-smile

"Jinjja?!" asked Jessica with her eyes lit up and she cleaned off her tears that were in her eyes.

"Of course!"
"Lets go!" replied Tiffany as she held out her other arm that was not in a cast to Jessica to hold onto while Sunny followed behind.

Within minutes, they settled down at a mini ice cream shop that was located at the first level of the hospital.
As soon as the trio entered the shop, Tiffany left the two and came back with a tray of desserts in her hands.

"Here, Jessica-sshi"
"I thought you would like a strawberry flavoured ice-cream because you looked so sweet and pretty" smiled Tiffany cutely
"Sunny, here's your warm waffle" said Tiffany as she placed the waffle infront of Sunny which earned a dissatisfied pout from her.
"Waeyo?"

Sunny pouted and pointed to Tiffany's and Jessica's ice-cream.

"No Sunny"
"The doctor says you cant have cold stuff" said Tiffany firmly as she sat down beside Jessica.

Sunny just let out a loud grunt at Tiffany which earned a soft chuckle from Jessica and Tiffany.

"Aww, come on Sunny"
"Anyway, Jessica-sshi, now that you're smiling"
"Im sure you're feeling better now right?"
"Wanna share with us why are you crying just now?" asked Tiffany casually as she took a mouthful of her pink raspberry ice-cream.

Sunny nodded earnestly at Tiffany's question, with her attention fully on Jessica.

"Just call me Jessica or Jessi"
"Im just sad.."
"No one is at home to accompany me to play"
"I came here to look for omma but she's not free.."
"The other unnies, oppas, ahjussis and ahjummas says omma is busy"
"I havent seen omma, appa and haraborji for a long time.." said Jessica sadly as her eyes turned teary.

"Jessi, dont start crying again" said Tiffany with concern.
"Its okay, im sure you will get to see them again"
"Not like mine, im never gonna see my omma again" sighed Tiffany sadly.
"Appa says omma has gone to somewhere far and wont be coming back for Tiffany anymore"

"Waegore?"
"Dont be sad"
"Sunny doesnt like her friends to be sad" pouted Sunny cutely.
"Sunny promised to be good and not eat cold food anymore"

"Thats my Sunny" smiled Tifffany satisfied as she gave Sunny a pat on her head.

The three of them were actually of the same age.
But Sunny would tend to act more childishly as compared to Tiffany and Jessica.
So, Tiffany and Jessica was always taking care of the 'maknae' Sunny.

"By the way.."
"Why are you in the hospital?" asked Jessica curiously.

"Oh, me?"
"I fell down when i was playing alone.." admitted Tiffany awkwardly.
"Well, im like you, no one plays with me"
"I was crying in pain till my butler came and brought me here.."
"The doctor says i've broke my arm thats why its in this now"
"But isnt it pretty?" smiled Tiffany happily.
"Its pink! My favourite colour!"

"Of course it is"
"Its really pretty, does it still hurt?"

"At night, it does hurt sometimes"
"But its okay because im getting better"
"The doctor says i can go home in 2 days time!" cheered Tiffany happily, forgetting that Sunny couldnt.

Sunny sighed.

"What about you Sunny?"

"Me..?"
"Im born with asthma.."
"I cant breathe very well in extremely crowded places, or dusty places or even do any sports"
"I got admitted into the hospital because of my asthma attack"
"The doctor says i cant leave until next week" said Sunny sadly as she averted JeTi's gaze.

Sunny was sad because her friends are going to leave her alone.
Sunny's parents would only visit her when they knock off from work.
So everyday before her parents visits her, she would be really lonely in the ward.

"Dont be sad, Sunny!"
"I'll visit you everyday till you're discharged!"

"Me too Sunny!"
"I'll visit you too!"

"Jinjja?!"

"Of course, why would we lie to you?" replied Jessica happily.
"Im lonely at home too"
"Im sure we'll be best of friends, right?!" said Jessica as she stretched out her arms to the middle of the table.

"Im sure!" cheered Tiffany as she placed her free hand over Jessica's followed by Sunny.

"Best friends forever!!!!" shouted Sunny cutely as the trio pushed their hands a little downwards before shooting it upwards.


This is how they met, and eventually became best of friends as they are now.

"But.."
"My gifts aint any branded stuff or anything.."
"Its just something cheap.." admitted Sunny awkwardly as she moved her feet around.

"Sunny, believe me we dont look at its worth"
"But the sincerity inside" assured Tiffany warmly.
"Since when have we ever complained about your gifts?"
"Your gifts were always so surprising to us"
"Its one of a kind, cant be found anywhere else because it was all handmade by you"

"Right"
"With your time and sweat, you made it specially for us"
"And it shows that we stand a huge place in your heart right?" smirked Jessica cheekily.

"Of course you guys stand a huge place in my heart!"
"But..-"

"No more buts"
"Lets continue our shopping before it gets too late" said Tiffany firmly as she pulled Sunny around the mall together with Jessica.

After walking for hours, the trio finally decided to return back home after a whole day of shopping and walking around.
Their legs were all aching so badly thanks to the heels they were wearing.
Because Jessica was deemed as the richest, she had her own personal chaffeur.
As a best friend of the other two, she drops her best friend off at their doorstep to ensure that they are safely home.

"Anyeong Sunny!" waved Jessica and Tiffany enthusiastically to Sunny as they drop off right outside the apartment Sunny has been living in for the past 18 years.

"Anyeong JeTi!" giggled Sunny cutely as she waved back to Jessica and Tiffany happily.

"YAH SUNNY!" shouted Jessica and Tiffany.

The duo threw Sunny at each a bag at Sunny which made her jumped left and right to catch it.

"Merry Christmas Sunny!" chorused Jessica and Tiffany before sticking their tongues out at Sunny.

Before Sunny could shout at the duo, Jessica quickly urged the chaffeur to drive off.
Inside the car, were the two playful duo laughing at Sunny's reactions.

"Tiff, what are you gonna do tomorrow?"
"For Christmas?" asked Jessica casually as she leaned back onto the comfy leather seat.

"I've got no idea"
"Probably like the usual Christmas?"
"Families with families meeting up and boast about each others' achievements?" shrugged Tiffany as she rolled her eyes in annoyance.

"Right"
"Thats what your families does all the time"
"Well, it dont differ too much from me" smiled Jessica comfortingly as she gave Tiffany an encouraging squeeze on her hands.
"Mine will be a ball at my house"
"With people with strong social status coming over" sighed Jessica at the thought of it.
"And i have to entertain them with those disgusting heels"

"Cant help it i guess since we cant choose which family are we borned in?"
"To be honest, im really jealous of Sunny" admitted Tiffany awkwadly.
"She's got the best family among us"
"Her family celebrates Christmas together, warmly"
"Whilst us?"

"Like you said, who to blame?"
"Anyway, you're here Tiff"
"Guess i'll see you on the first day of school"
"Love you" smiled Jessica as she brought Tiffany into a warm hug before letting Tiffany off.
"And, not to forget this!" shouted Jessica as she threw Tiffany a pink polka dots bag.

"Yours too pabo!" laughed Tiffany loudly as she tosssed Jessica's Christmas present to Jessica and hit her right on the face which earned Tiffany a deadly glare from Jessica.
"Bianeh!" shouted Tiffany as she ran into her mansion laughing hysterically.

Jessica smiled while looking at the two precious presents she received from her two best friends.
On her way back, she was slowly unwrapping the presents one after another.
The first one she had received was from Sunny.
Sunny had actually gifted her something new this year because Sunny started learning pottery earlier this year.
So, Sunny had made use of the skills she had learnt, to make Jessica a cute little cartoon sculpture of Jessica look-alike.
Picking up the card that came with it, Jessica took the card out of the envelope with a touched smile on her face.


Jessica,
Its been 12 years.
We've spent 12 Christmas eves together.
Isnt it amazing?

Im sorry i couldnt afford any expensive gifts for you.
I hope this little sculpture that i've made for you would make your Christmas a happier Christmas since you'll be doing something you hate during Christmas while i'll be doing something i love.
Anyway, this sculpture you had received is you.
Jung Soo-yeon, Jessica.
Thats how you look like in my eyes.
Best Friend Forever! BFF!

Love,
Sunny.


Next, was Tiffany's gift.
Unwrapping it carefully revealed a beautiful necklace with the pendant of a snowflake.
Taking a closer look at the core of the snowflake pendant, there was an engraved fire on it.
Picking up Tiffany's card, Jessica read it.
With the necklace in her hands.


Jessi,
Merry Christmas!
Its our 12th Christmas eve together with Sunny.
I really find it funny why am i writing a card like this as if we wont be meeting each other in a long time.
Nevertheless, i wrote it.

Jessi, do you like the necklace?
Im sure you do right?
You'll always love and cherish the gifts we gift each other right?
*Chuckles*
Anyway, there is a meaning behind this necklace that i've specially designed.
You're smart, im sure you've figured everything out right?

Right,
its because everyone in school called you the ice princess because they dont know much about you.
But to me, deep inside me,
you're a warm ice.

Best Friend Forever! BFF

Love,
Tiffany.


"Thanks"
"Really love all your gifts" muttered Jessica under her breath as she packed everything back into her bag and entered the empty mansion.

Her mansion, was exceptionally cold.
Not because of winter but the warmth of love that was lacking from it.

On the other hand, Tiffany's mansion was also empty and quiet.
Just like Jessica, she was alone.
Sometimes, the two of them wished that they were not as rich so that their family members would spend more time with them.

Entering her room, the first thing Tiffany did was to throw her shopping bags and her shoulder bag aside and plopped down onto her bed with the two presents that she had received from her two best friend.
Upwrapping Sunny's, Tiffany instantly smiled at it.
At the first look, Tiffany knew the sculpture Sunny had gifted her was a sculpture of herself thanks to the obvious eye-smile.
Flipping open the card, Tiffany read.


Tiffany,
Its been 12 years.
We've spent 12 Christmas eves together.
Isnt it amazing?

Im sorry Tiffany, im unable to afford any expensive gifts for you.
But then again, i assure you that this gift is really from the bottom of my heart.
I made you out!
Did you know that this is how you look like in my eyes?
Just like Jessica, i hope that this gift of mine would lit up your dull Christmas because both of you,
JeTi are gonna spend your Christmas doing things that would annoy you whilst im going spend my Christmas with my family who loves me.

Nevertheless,
please remember this Tiffany!

Best Friend Forever! BFF

Love,
Sunny.


Following gift that was unwrapped was Jessica's.
Opening up the bag, Tiffany fished out a brand new Chanel's wallet in pink.

"Omo!"
"Its the latest design that has yet to be released in Korea!" exasperated Tiffany happily as she picked up Jessica's card and read.


Tiff,
Yah!

Merry 12th Christmas together!
You know im not as artistic as the two of you right?
I cant come up with anything special but again,
I really hope you like this Christmas gift Tiff.
You know, its the latest design that has yet to be released in Korea.

Bring it to your family dinner tomorrow and show it off!
Hahas, right.
Just kidding!

Anyway,
Best Friend Forever! BFF!

Love,
Jessica.


"Aish"
"So sweet of the two of them"
"Gonna return them with a big hug when we return back to school!" muttered Tiffany to herself with a contented smile.

While for Sunny, she returned home,
panting badly for air which made her worried parents rushed towards her.

"Whats wrong ah Soonkyu?" asked Mr Lee worriedly.
"Do you need your inhaler?"

"Come over here and take a seat first Soonkyu" instructed Mrs Lee as she went over to help Sunny carry the shopping bags.

After a few minutes, Sunny had finally calmed down and took a sip of the water Mrs Lee offered her.

"The lift broke down" said Sunny
"I had to climb back up thats why i was panting so heavily"

"Oh, when we came back it was still working perfectly fine" said Mr & Mrs Lee in unison with a dumbfounded look.

"I must be unlucky then" joked Sunny as she went over to grab the shopping bags from Mrs Lee.
"Omma, appa"
"Look, Jessica and Tiffany got you two Christmas presents" smiled Sunny happily as she took the gifts out.

There were a variety of gifts laid out for Mr & Mrs Lee.
Gifts such as belts, wallets, scarves and handbags were there.
All were well-known brands and would have costed a bomb.

"Aigooo"
"Why did they spend so much again!" gasped Mrs Lee

"Precisely"
"We've already told them not to spend on us for this Christmas!" agreed Mr Lee as the couple felt bad for making Jessica and Tiffany spend so much on them.

"I did stop them"
"But they didnt allow me to talk" defended Sunny with an innocent look as she passed two cards to Mr & Mrs Lee.
"Its from Jessica and Tiffany" said Sunny as she went over to unwrap the gifts she received from Jessica and Tiffany.


Appa & Omma,

Dont scold Sunny for these gifts alright?
I wanted to gift it to you two, my appa & omma.
Thanks for being there for me even though you two are not my real appa & omma but treats me like your own daughter.
I love you two!

Merry Christmas!
Have fun, and enjoy your Christmas with your SOONKYU!

Love,
Tiffany.

Appa & Omma,

Hey appa & omma, dont scold Sunny for these gifts alright?
Its our gifts for you!
I forced Sunny to bring it back to you two.
Im really grateful for you two, taking care of me,
being there for me as if you're really my appa & omma.
Treating me as if im really your daughter.

Appa & omma, saranghaeyo!
Merry Christmas!
I'll visit soon, with Tiffany of course!

Love,
Jessica.


"Soonkyu-ah, i really love this two friends of yours" laughed Mr & Mrs Lee after reading the two Christmas cards.
"What have you got from them then?"

Sunny was so engrossed in unwrapping Tiffany's present that she didnt hear what Mr & Mrs Lee asked her.
Chuckling at Sunny's behaviour, Mr & Mrs Lee just sat there and watch Sunny unwrap Tiffany's gift.
Unwrapping the gift, there sat a bracelet with a bunny pendant on it.
Behind the bunny pendant, there was '써니' on it.
Beside the word, there was a heart shape to it.


Sunny,
Merry Christmas Sunny!
Did you know, Jessi and I are always jealous of your Christmas?
Because you get to spend your Christmas with your appa & omma with a happy outing whilst we dont.
Nevertheless, i want you to know that i love you!
Its already our 12th Christmas eve we've spent together.

So how do you find the bracelet?
You look so cute with your short hairstyle.
Like a bunny, so i had this bracelet specially designed for you.

Best Friend Forever! BFF!

Love,
Tiffany.


Carrying on, next was Jessica's gift.
Fishing out from the gift bag was a box labelled with 'CHANEL'.
Opening the box, there laid a well wrapped red wallet.
Picking up the card, Sunny read.


Sunny,
YAH DANSHIN!

Merry 12th Christmas!
Right, you know im not any artistic person so i cant come up with any creative gifts like you or Tiff could.
But you know, i've managed to get you and Tiffany the latest wallet Chanel has produced.
It isnt even available in Korea yet!

I've specially picked this after talking to the person-in-charge for some time because i know you wouldnt want any thing fancy.
So i've specially requested this wallet.
Dont tell me its too expensive thus dont want it alright?
Love you!

Best Friend Forever! BFF!

Love,
Jessica.


Sunny immediately smiled after reading the last sentence on Jessica's card.

"Forever such a fashionista" mumbled Sunny.

"Wow"
"Latest design, Soonkyu" teased Mr Lee from the back.

"YAH!"
"Appa! How could you read my card!" exclaimed Sunny as she quickly picked up her stuff and went back into her room.

That was how the trio ended their Christmas eve night before waking up to their long awaited Christmas celebration.
Or should I say, long awaited one for Sunny but the dreaded one for Tiffany and Jessica?



A/N: Hey there readers, here's the first chapter update.
Hope it isnt boring you guys out and you guys enjoyed it.
I'll be bringing in Taeyeon, Yuri & Yoona in for the next chapter, hopefully.
If not, it will be for the third chapter.
Im still thinking whether i should write up a chapter on their Christmas celebrations not.
So what do you readers think?
Comments & subscribe please!
Lastly, thank you guys for your support!