8

They Found Me

 

~zelo POV~
I woke with a start but quickly lay back down from the pain I was in. There was a faint beeping in the room which I recognized as a hospital. I realized that I wasn't alone. General bang was watching me from the corner of the room. "How are you feeling Zelo?" he asked walking over to the side of the bed. 
 

"Fine sir." I say saluting again. 

 

"do you know why you were targeted. I thought they were going after some guy named junhyung." he asked but I shook my head. He can't know. Not yet. He sighed and nodded. "They said you will be released this afternoon. You need plenty of rest and I've asked Himchan to make sure you do." I sighed again and nodded. 

 

Back in my room Himchan would bring me food and drinks every once in a while so I wouldn't strain myself getting up. I don't like this feeling of being babied. I decided I needed to make a phone call. Walking out in the dark to the payphone I dial up the number and let it ring. "Hello?"

 

"Mr. GD. We need to talk. Now. Meet me at the diner across the street from the base. In 10 minutes." I say and hang up. I needed a way to slip passed everyone. Then I spotted a small hole under one of the fences surrounding the base. Creeping over to it I crawl under it getting only little pieces of my uniform got snagged. I had to make sure no one saw me so looking back I see two bodies talking to each other. It was general bang and Himchan. Did they know I was gone? Hiding behind a bush I watch till they went back before I ran to the diner. As expected GD was there and siting at a booth toward the back. 

 

"Your late." he said quietly. 

 

Ignoring this I say, "I want you to switch me out of this group."

 

"You dont like it?"

 

"no. Believe me I enjoy working with them but our first mission led me to overhear what my gang was going to do about me. They already know I'm with the military and they targeted me when I was out and shot me in the right chest." I pause to show him the bandage. " I'm requesting you put me in a different group or jail. The rest of BAP doesn't need to get into this."

 

He looked me over for a moment before saying, "you care about them don't you?" I nodded and he continued. "Ok tonight pack up your things i have a different project that I'll put you in." I nodded again getting up to leave. 

 

Getting back in the base wasn't as hard. I crawled through again and Was about to run back to my room when I stopped. This will be my last chance to see if I can complete the course in under 2 minutes. Warming up I run 10 laps on the track the went to the start line of the course. I did everything surprisingly fast till I got to the wall. Grabbing the rope I hoist myself up and up and up. My eyes were closed as I climbed till I realized I reached the top. Jumping down I completed the course and looked at my watch. 2:01:005. I groaned and sat down. ill never be able to finish it right. Someone touched my shoulder and I looked up to see General Bang. Scrambling I get up and salute him but he sighs. "why do you always work yourself when your injured?" 

 

"If I can do it when I'm injured I can do better when I'm healed." I reply hand still saluting him.

 

"It's not good for you. Now go back to your room and rest. That's an order." he said before I could object. Walking back to the room I crawl into the bed and sigh. Tomorrow I'll be leaving them. If it was under other circumstances I would love to stay and get better. If this ever ends will they even take me back?