4

They Found Me

 

~zelo POV~
I woke and found myself on a nice broad chest. It was warm and comforting. But the events from last night replayed in my head and I shot up causing the body beside me to wake up in alarm. That's when I realized it was general bang. I quickly scramble up and salute him scared of my consequence. "Why are you doing that zelo? I called off training for today. You need to rest because tomorrow will be your first mission." he said quietly before laying back down in the bed. 

"Sir. Why was I in bed with you?" I asked quietly and he turned to face me. 

"I went to look for you yesterday and I found you smoking pot under a streetlight. I punched you in the face then you said something interesting. You said and I quote 'Umma you have gotten weak. I didn't even feel it this time. You beat me worse when I was little.'. Then added something about a bunny. Care to elaborate." he said not as a question but more as a command. 

"Umm well you see. When I was little my umma would come home high on some drugs and would sometimes hurt me. Sometimes to the point I broke a bone or passed out. But I deserved it all. I am going to get better so she will love me for once. And when i was little I had I small brown bunny named tomato. She made me watch her kill him then skin him. She made me eat what was left."
I said quietly. 

"So I'm guessing you aren't the son of one of the richest families in Seoul?" I shook my head. 

"the neighborhood you found me in was my hometown. I grew up there and needed a place to escape."

"Is that where the drugs came in?" I nodded again. "well that's ok. We all have things in our past we don't want others to know. Are you going to go back to your room or do you want to stay here?" he asked surprising me. Why was he being so nice to me? He must have noticed my confused expression and added on, "your Comrades said I should take it easy on you. Your young and still new. I shouldn't have been so tough on you. And your shivering so you can lay here with a blanket or go through the rain in a large shirt and no uniform to go back to your room where the others will probably bombard you with questions and shoes." he had a point. I crawled back into the bed and he pulled a giant blanket around my body then his small tv. I sat and watched it while he went to go grab us some food. He wasn't as bad as I thought. He. could be nice if he wanted to.