11

They Found Me

 

~Yongguk POV~
I was beginning to lose hope. He hadn't moved in what seemed like eternity but in reality it had only been a minute. Tears flowed down my face. I can't believe I lost him. I don't want to lose him. I was starting to like him. Like in the like like way. I kind of had feeling for him which I hoped would blossom into something more. 

 

Suddenly he gasped and his eyes flew open. His breathing suddenly picked up and was trying to get up. I sat him back but he fought. "Zelo. It's me. It's me. Stay seated and take slow deep breaths." I say quietly and he follow my instructions breathing in quick breaths."Himchan see if it's possible to take this mask off." he sets to work as the others return. 

 

"Sir he got away." daehyun said as Himchan struggled to pop off the mask. He took a small crowbar to the back of it eventually prying it off.
Zelo gasped again taking in the non deadly air and fell to the ground holding the left side of his neck. 

 

"what's wrong zelo? Let me see?" I say as he starts scratching it. I pulled him to a sitting position. He wouldn't stop scratching as I tried to pry his hands away. He fought my grip and hid his neck from us just as it started bleeding. "Himchan see if there is anything you can do for his neck." I say holding down his arms as he squirmed in my grasp. 

"Sir his neck his burnt pretty badly. The most I can do is stick a bandage on it till we can get some medical help." he said and pulled out a bandage and started to clean and treat his neck while I held his arms with one hand and kept his head still with my other. The other members stayed on their feet guns at the ready. He had started crying again and It made my heart break. When he finished I held him in my arms. "Zelo it's ok. It's ok. We're going to get you out of here." he nodded as i wipe his tears away and picked him up bridal style. He wrapped his arms around my neck and held on tight. 

 

We had gotten back to the helicopter where we had left it. Hopping in I was going to set him down but he wouldn't let go of me. "Zelo it's ok. They aren't going to hurt you anymore. You know you can let go?"

 

"If I let go I'm afraid I won't be able to tell you apart from the illusions." he whispered fear evident in his voice. 

 

"Do you still see them? The illusions?" I asked and he nodded again his body shaking. "How did you know I wasn't one of them?"

 

"At first I didn't. You were all scary creatures. But then when you started talking to me did I realize you were real."

 

"What do you see now?" I asked and he looks around. 

 

"I-I see creatures. Everywhere. They mock me. They whisper things. They lash out at me. Make them stop. Make them stop." he cried grasping tighter onto me. Bringing him to my chest I rock him back and forth in my arms. 

 

"Shushhhh. It's ok. It's ok. I promise they won't hurt you. Not while im here." I say holding him tight. I'm never going to let go. I'll make sure your always safe. He eventually passed out in my arms but I still held him close.