Chapter 9

Our Life

 

The manager walked into the conference room and looked at the 5 boys. They were fooling around like they always do, Jung Min was bothering Hyung Jun, and the rest of them were just chatting. The manager cleared his throat to get attention, the 5 looked at him.

 

“Okay so Hyun Joong is going to be gone for 6 months, and Jung Min is going to be gone for 6 months also. Congratulations on your roles, I look forward to your good performances. Now what are we going to do with you 3?” the manager said.

 

Young Saeng, Kyu Jong, and Hyung Jun just looked at one another, and shrugged their shoulders. They were going to have to think about it. The manager understood and left the room so they could discuss amongst themselves.

 

“Hyun Joong, I have watched that anime your drama is based off of. My sister made me watch it all with her. Which character are you?” Kyu Jong asked.

 

“Oh really? Umm I haven’t really read the script yet, but I am JiHoo, a rich, kind of keeps to himself guy” Hyun Joong replied.

 

“Oh! I know which character that is. I didn’t know you landed an F4 part! I will watch it when it comes out.” Kyu Jong replied, kind of giddy.

 

Young Saeng just rolled his eyes, he knew Kyu had never been forced to watch anything drama ish. He remember all of the times Kyu had stapled him to the couch to watch dramas with him.

 

Hyung Jun was sitting there deep in thought, while Jung Min was blowing up his bangs out of boredom. Hyun Joong gently placed a hand on his thigh, bringing Hyung Jun back to earth. He had control over his blushes now, it wasn’t so bad.

 

“What if we make a project group? Musically I would like to experiment with a 3 person group. Would you guys be okay with it?” Hyung Jun stated.

 

The rest of the members were shocked. They did not expect such a good idea from the makane of all people. Hyung Jun felt all of their radiating surprise.

 

“Hey I can come up with good ideas too you know!!!” Hyung Jun said flustered.

 

The room erupted with laughter, and Hyung Jun was brooding…

 

~~~

 

It was the day before Hyun Joong had to leave for his filming. Hyung Jun’s mother had invited Hyun Joong over for dinner that night. This was going to be the first time that his boyfriend was coming to his family’s apartment. He was pacing in his room. Kibum popped his head in, completely ready to tease his hyung.

That’s when the doorbell rang, Hyung Jun jumped, and Kibum just chuckled.    

 

“Hyung Jun! Your boyfriend is here, please answer the door” Mrs. Kim called down the hallway.

 

Hyung Jun just blushed and lowered his head at the sentence, he headed towards the door.

 

He opened the door to a smiling figure holding flowers in his hand.

 

“Hey you” Hyung Joong greeted while leaning forward and pecking his boyfriend’s red cheek.

 

Hyung Jun smiled and led Hyun Joong in towards the couch. Mrs.  Kim came out of the kitchen and enthusiastically greeted Hyun Joong. Turns out the flowers were for Mrs. Kim, she hugged him to no end, Hyung Jun had to tap her shoulder to get her off of his boyfriend. Hyun Joong just laughed and kissed his boyfriend’s forehead. Hyung Jun was blushing because Kibum kept on making kissy faces at him. Soon it was time for dinner. It was somehow very comforting how polite Hyun Joong was, and the way he looked sitting at their table, just seemed like it fit so well.

 

The meal continued with just some light conversation, and a few blushes at the words coming out of Hyun Joong’s mouth about how perfect Hyung Jun was. By the time dinner was over Hyung Jun’s cheeks were tired of being flushed. He looked up to see his boyfriend staring at him.

 

“Mrs. Kim, would you mind if I kidnapped your son for the night?” Hyun Joong asked.

 

“Oh no, not at all. Just make sure to return him sometime.” Mrs. Kim responded with a silly tone.

 

Hyung Jun looked confused when Hyun Joong grabbed his hand, and led him towards the door. He waved goodbye to his family as Hyun Joong grabbed his coat on the way out.

 

In the car Hyung Jun was confused still, Hyun Joong wasn’t saying anything, and why was he being kidnapped? Hyun Joong pulled up to his apartment, and rushed to open Hyung Jun’s door.

 

“Oh so you plan on holding me hostage in your apartment for a night” Hyung Jun said giggling.

 

“Yes you are my cute little prisoner” Hyun Joong said as he trapped the makane in his arms while opening the door to his apartment.

 

They slowly made their way couch, secretly stealing little kisses, with their arms tangled. Hyun Joong placed Hyung Jun on the couch and escaped into the kitchen. Hyung Jun just spread out on the couch, laying his head down. Suddenly something ceramic are cold was resting on his head, he didn’t dare to open his eyes. Hyun Joong had set a bowl of ice cream on his boyfriend’s head, chuckling a bit at the instantly contorted expression that Hyung Jun’s face was now sporting.

 

The couple was on the couch give each other small mouthfuls of dairy perfection, while watching a sappy romance movie. Laughing at the cheesiness on screen and leader reciting all of the overly romantic lines into his boyfriend’s ear and Hyung Jun’s cheeks were turning all variety of reds.

By the end of the movie, Hyung Jun was asleep on Hyun Joong’s broad shoulder. Hyun Joong glanced down, Hyung Jun was so calm when he was sleeping, his face was at peace. He almost didn’t want to disturb him. He leaned down to press a gentle kiss on Hyung Jun’s forehead. The makane merely stirred a bit, and buried his face further into Hyun Joong’s shoulder, and let out a soft groan.

 

Hyun Joong was feeling mischievous, he leaned down once more, and pressed a hard kiss on Hyung Jun’s neck. Hyun Joong saw the ripple of goosebumps along Hyung Jun’s skin, and his eyes fluttered open.

 

“Hyun Joong you-” Hyung Jun managed to get out in a sleepy tone before Leader’s lips came smashing against his own.

 

Hyun Joong was full of wanting. He yearned to be closer to his love, and he couldn’t even imagine leaving him for any length of time. They were still fresh, he had wanted to spend more meals with him, but he was going away for 6 months.

 

Hyung Jun knew this, he was feeling afraid himself, what if Hyun Joong forgot about him. His mind was pooling with thoughts of self-doubt, but the kisses that followed melted those thoughts. For tonight, he was sure Hyun Joong belonged to him.

 

Hyun Joong pulled away slowly, needing a moment to breathe.

 

“We should get to bed. I have to take off early in the morning” Hyun Joong said while leading them into the bedroom.

 

Hyung Jun instantly fell on the bed, he was tired, but staying awake to spend some moments with his beloved. Hyun Joong laid down on the bed beside him, staring up at the ceiling. Hyung Jun rolled over and stared at him through the mist of darkness.

 

“Joongie, do you promise to not…..forget me?” Hyung Jun said slowly, then turned his face down.

 

Hyun Joong faced his boyfriend, with a serious expression. He tilted Hyung Jun’s face up, slowly kissing him passionately. Hyun Joong reached for Hyung Jun’s hand and intertwined their fingers, and heard a low sound of metal making contact. Hyun Joong pulled back and looked into Hyung Jun’s eyes.

 

“These rings are the promise Hyung Jun, believe in me. I know I won’t be around for awhile, but always remember I meant those words, I love you. My heart only knows yours.” Hyun Joong spoke softly.

 

Hyung Jun’s eyes had small tears slowly escaping them. Hyun Joong smiled and kissed each eyelid. Hyung Jun buried his face into Hyun Joong’s chest.

 

“I love you too” Hyung Jun whispered.

They fell asleep warm and loved. Knowing that they are only for each other, and they had a promise to keep.

 

~~~

 

A few weeks later…

 

“Hello?” Hyung Jun said as he answered his phone.

 

“Hey you” a deep voice echoed on the other side.

 

“Hyun Joong. How are you?”

 

Kyu Jong and Young Saeng looked up from their work. They were at practice, for their new album with only the 3 of them. It was a new experience but it was turning out pretty well. Jung Min had just called as well, wishing them well, as he practiced for his musical.

 

“Oh good. We are out at Jeju Island filming. I wish you were here. Remind me to bring you someday”

 

“Will do. Come to think of it, I have to yet to relax there, it has always been for work”

 

“I have been here a few times on vacation. Most of the scenes we are shooting here involve me, so it’s not like I have been lounging about” Hyun Joong replied with a chuckle.

 

“Of course not. My Joongie has to work hard, so he can come back to me” Hyung Jun said shyly.

 

Kyu Jong and Young Saeng smiled at eachother, and laughed a little. Boy this was cheesy.

 

“I have to get the recording team to work harder then, so I can comeback. I miss you so much. How goes your work?”

 

“Oh fine. We are just about to start with dance practice. I am pretty excited. The song is really catchy. I think we are going to do well”

 

“That’s great news. I am excited to hear it. Well I gotta go, filming is going to start again. Goodbye and I love you” Hyun Joong said with a sad tone.

 

“Don’t be sad Joongie call me back soon. I love you too” Hyung Jun said to his boyfriend before the call ended.

 

The next few days were filled with such phonecalls. The album was released and suddenly the sub group found themselves extremely busy. Hyun Joong was calling in his free time to only be answered by the voicemail. Hyung Jun was trying to call back only to get a busy tone or just the electronic voice lulling him to sleep. When the calls did go through Hyung Jun was nodding off, and falling asleep with the phone pressed to his ear. Slowly the calls went to a trickle.

 

The 2 months mark of the leader’s absence, there had not been any calls. Hyung Jun desperately tried to call his boyfriend, the hole in his heart slowly getting bigger. Had he forgotten about him? He really did not want to believe it. He would wait for a couple more days for a call, to say he was loved. It was tough without those sweet words flowing into his ears. The stress had really gotten to him, they had back to back schedules, and free time was nonexistent. He longed to hear that voice that encouraged him. He missed his boyfriend more than he could say. The thought of why fall in love if it hurts this much entered his brain making the pools of doubt even bigger.

 

Hyung Jun slid down the wall and stared at his ring finger and the band of silver around it. A tear streaked down his face, he felt empty. Hyung Jun sat there in silent sadness well into the night…

 

The cellphone remained silent, much like its owners heart. 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~`

A/N: I AM SO SORRY *SOBS* I AM A TERRIBLE AUTHOR. I DISAPPEARED FOR A LONG TIME. 

please forgive me? 

Il have the next chapter up soon to tell you how sorry I am. Again SORRY.