Chapter 1

Our Life

 

Japan. It had been a long time since they had visited that foreign land. Winning the newcomer award, and releasing albums had made it a second home.

“We are about to arrive in Narita Airport, please prepare for landing” a voice said over the intercom.

 

It had been awhile since he had heard Japanese, he looked back at Jung Min, he was packing and getting ready to get off. So Hyun Joong did the same. From the seat behind him he heard a low muffled voice singing “Lalalalalala…”

 

He looked back and sure enough the baby of the family was fast asleep with his sunglasses crooked, singing in his sleep. Hyun Joong made a silent chuckle, reached out and touched Hyung Jun’s soft cheek with the back of his index finger.

 

Sitting there watching the sleeping makane, Hyun Joong didn’t notice the milky white hand waving in front of his face. He looked up at Jung Min who was standing there with a smirk on his face. “Hey, are you going to wake him up or just stare at him. They said we landed, you go wake up the lazy hyungs over there, ill take care of this one”

 

Hyun Joong stood up and turned around with a scowl on his face, secretly he wanted to wake up Hyung Jun. He walked over to Young Saeng and Kyu Jong sleeping on each other’s shoulders. He was just about to tap Young Saeng on the shoulder, when he heard a harsh sounding SMACK. Hyun Joong looked over at Jung Min laughing and Hyung Jun rubbing his forehead, a tear coming out of his eye.

 

“JEEZ JUNG MIN!!! you didn’t have to flick me in the forehead to wake up, you dumb horse!!!” Hyung Jun shouted as he stood up to get his stuff from the compartment.

 

“Oh you will live, you don’t have the turtle shell for nothing…”  Jung Min teased back.

 

Hyun Joong tensed up and really wanted to smack Jung Min across the face, he hated when Jung Min made Hyung Jun cry. Even if it was for fun, Jung Min has horse like muscles in his whole body meaning his hands too. It must have hurt Hyung Jun a lot. He fought back his anger, and turned to the sleeping couple…

 

“Oye, Young Saeng, wake up…” Poking Young Saeng’s plump little cheek.

 

Young Saeng slowly opened his eyes, and immediately took out a personal mirror, examining his hair, and making minor fixes. He then turned to lightly shake Kyu Jong awake.

 

“Good Morning Hyung” Kyu jong said softly as he opened his eyes, and stretched.

Hyun Joong had enough of this kind of atmosphere common among Young Saeng and Kyu Jong. He made his way back to his seat to get his bag. He looked at Hyung Jun trying to arrange his hair to cover up the huge red mark on his forehead.

 

“Stupid horse, my hair is too short to cover this up” Hyung Jun said under his breath, as he looked into the reflection of his sunglasses.

 

Hyun Joong knew Hyung Jun feared the Japanese reporters waiting for them outside of the plane, they would probably assume some weird scandal. Jung Min walked by laughing to himself, and sat in front of Kyu Jong and Young Saeng, and started meddling like always.

 

“Hyung, can you still see it?”

 

Hyun Joong turned back around and saw baby crossing his eyes trying to look at his forehead. He laughed at the silly face Hyung Jun was making.

 

“One minute, Hyung Jun” he got up out of his seat and went to the beverage part of the plane.

 

He returned with an ice cube, and told Hyung Jun to sit still. He lightly touched Hyung Jun’s skin, and the baby jolted.

 

“Aaaaahhhhhhhh! Hyung its cold” Hyung Jun whined.

 

Hyun Joong couldn’t get Hyung Jun to sit still. So he got up and sat next to the baby, firmly grasped his face and held it in place. Hyung Jun’s face flushed a light red as his hyung slid the ice cube across his forehead slowly, making drops of water inch down his face. Hyung Jun closed his eyes and took in Hyun Joong’s touch. He opened his eyes, looking right into Hyun Joong’s face just inches from his. Hyun Joong gazed into Hyung Jun’s eyes, slowly sliding his hand up the side of Hyung Jun’s face. Then out of nowhere-

 

“HEY!!! HJs they said they have cleared the airport terminal so we can get through!” Jung Min yelled backwards without looking.

 

Hyung Jun jumped and turned away from Hyun Joong, grasping his chest, trying to slow his beating heart. He knew he was close with Hyun Joong, but that close, his head was buzzing with conflictions.

 

Hyun Joong closed his eyes and let his head hit the back of the seat.

“Why did I do it… we got so close.  I am not even sure still.” As his thoughts went wild.

Recalling in his mind all of the urges, every photo shoot wanting to drape his arm around or just touch Hyung Jun. Every performance wanting to comfort him after he defeated himself, because he made a minor mistake. Always wanting to trade Young Saeng in the dorm. Maybe there was something there. Hyun Joong sighed, and stood up, picked up his bag. He looked at Hyung Jun facing the window.

 

“Come on Hyung Jun. We have to get off the plane now.” Leader said with a calming voice.

 

Hyung Jun got yanked from his thoughts, composed himself, and replied “Coming hyung!”