Returned

Behind the Mask

When Hyun Seung woke up he found himself in an unfamiliar room in an king size bed with elegant bedding; he was tucked in as if he was put to bed. He threw the blanket off himself and climbed out of the bed, noticing that the clothes that he was wearing before had been changed into a simple dark night shirt. Who changed my clothes? He couldn’t remember anything past him speaking to Ki Kwang in his living room.

Ki Kwang! His eyes scanned the whole room more then once and even with the dim lighting he knew that the other wasn’t with him, so he headed for the room door. When he touched the door knob he jerked his hand back and stared at the doorknob with wide eyes. The knob shocked him.

“Ah so your awake now.” Seung Hyun’s voice echoed around him and his heart stopped. How did he end up back in Seung Hyun’s grip? “I guess I should thank Ji Yong for bringing you back to me,” his voice continued to echo around Hyun Seung and his heart sunk lower then he thought possible. That’s right. he thought to himself, Ji Yong betrayed me. “I guess since he did bring you back it was pointless taking these two.”

“Taking which two,” Hyun Seung called out. He felt pretty foolish calling out to nothing but Seung Hyun’s words made his stomach churn.

“These two F.B.I. agents,” Seung Hyun’s voice answered, “It seems like such a waste to kill them...”

“Don’t touch them! They have nothing to do with this,” Hyun Seung called as his heart raced. His mind was thinking of the worst possible situations.

“Oh, don’t worry,” Seung Hyun’s laugh echoed around him, “I won’t harm a single hair on their little heads as long as you become mine once more.” Hyun Seung had to bite his tongue to keep himself from saying anything that he knew he would regret later. Silence stretched out between them for a few minutes before something came to Hyun Seung’s mind.

“Only if you let me talk to them,” he said without anymore hesitation, “If you let me talk to them and once they’re free you leave them alone then I’ll be yours, I’ll do whatever you wish of me.”

“Oh and I was looking forward to killing them too. I wanted to make it a slow and painful death.”

“Do that and you’ll never see me again,” Hyun Seung threatened.

“Didn’t you have that same idea in mind when you escaped the first time,” Seung Hyun inquired, “But right now you’re back in my hands, I can see you anytime I...”

“Death is a permanent way of you never seeing me again,” Hyun Seung cut Seung Hyun off and the silence that stretched on between them was longer then the first. Hyun Seung honestly started to wonder if the other had caught his bluff.

“You faked it before,” Seung Hyun’s voice was calm, “So why should I believe you now?”

“I’ll leave my lifeless body on your doorstep,” he lied, “Will you believe me then? When you see it with your own eyes?” The silence stretched on once more and Hyun Seung swore he heard a sigh.

“Fine...I’ll send Ji Yong and Young Bae to take you too them.” After Seung Hyun spoke the sound of an intercom being turned off was heard and then everything around him became silent. He sank to floor and buried his face in the palms of his hands. He needed to think of a way out of this situation, but first he had to make sure that Seung Hyun kept his word and let Jun Hyung and Doo Joon free. He stayed on the floor for a few minutes, only moving when there was a knock on the door.

He slowly stood as the door was open to reveal Young Bae and Ji Yong standing on the other side. Ji Yong was wearing a poker face, no emotions showing and Hyun Seung couldn’t help but to feel a stab in his heart. He was betrayed by one of the few people he actually trusted. When his eyes turned towards Young Bae the other quickly looked away but he saw sad eyes before he turned.

“Let’s go,” Ji Yong said as he went to grab Hyun Seung’s wrist.

“Don’t touch me.” Hyun Seung said with as much viciousness as he could muster, “I can walk by myself.” He simply nodded before Hyun Seung walked ahead of them, Young Bae moving in front so he could lead the way while Ji Yong followed behind. They all walked in silence the whole way to meet Doo Joon and Jun Hyung.

“They’re in here,” Young Bae said as he still kept his face averted from Hyun Seung. “I’m allowed to go in there myself, yes?” Young Bae nodded and Hyun Seung walked into the room and slammed the door behind him. Doo Joon and Jun Hyung both looked up at the door slamming and both of their faces turned bright red.

“W-what are you wearing!?” Doo Joon was the first to speak and Hyun Seung realized that he was only wearing a shirt.

“That’s not important,” Hyun Seung said with a small blush of embarrassment, “You two are alright, right?”

“We’re fine,” they both said in unison before Doo Joon continued, “I’m just a bit confused as to why I was taken from my home and tossed in this room with Jun Hyung.”

“Then he kept his word,” Hyun Seung said to them, “I believe Young Bae and Ji Yong will let you guys go, just give me a second.” He turned around to open the door when fingers wrapped around his wrist. He turned to see Doo Joon and looked down to see Doo Joon’s hand holding him in place. “Is there something wrong?”

“We’ve known each other for three years,” he said so loud that Ji Yong and Young Bae could hear him on the other side of the door, “I brought you back to life after finding you practically dead in a pile of trash near my home and you’re not going to tell me what’s happening now?”

“It’s not important anymore,” Hyun Seung said as he turned to face the other, “I’m grateful for you saving my life after I parted from my savior but now it’s my turn to return the favor. He agreed to let you go as long as I stayed.”

“Who?”

“Seung Hyun.” They both turned to look at Jun Hyung as the other sat on the bed, “It’s Seung Hyun, right?”

“It is,” Hyun Seung nodded, “But he won’t bother you anymore so please leave, I hope you guys live life to the fullest after we part today.”

“Wait,” Doo Joon stopped Hyun Seung before he ce more, “Can’t you just explain the situation to me.” They stared at each other for a few moments before Hyun Seung finally gave in.

“Fine,” he sighed, “But only if you promise to leave with Young Bae and Ji Yong and don’t bother to come after me after you leave.”

“I promise.”

“I fell in love with a man name Choi Seung Hyun and because of that love he became possessive and killed off my family,” Hyun Seung said, “He believed that they needed to die because they didn’t want us together. I still loved him after that but as the years passed I started to become more independent and he hit me for it, he always apologized afterwards. Like an idiot I believed him each time and forgave him. No one approached me in that house because I was in his property and the people who knew about my parents murder magically started to disappear, I soon found out that Seung Hyun was just tying up loose ends in his own organization. It was about three years before I finally realized that something was wrong, two pair of undercover C.I.A. agents were the ones who helped me figure it out. After they left a year later I couldn’t stand by his side anymore so I faked my own death and was assisted in my escape. You found me a couple of months after my escape, I was practically homeless and I really couldn’t fend for myself that well...I’m very happy that you took me from the street and cared for me. The reason I didn’t tell you any of this earlier is because I wanted to leave my past behind, I wanted to start my life anew after you took me in.”

“Ah.” He wasn’t so sure what to say after learning all of that so Hyun Seung looked at Jun Hyung.

“I need you to visit my apartment Jun Hyung,” he said as the other looked at him, “If there isn’t a man there can you make sure that my cat is being taken care of...and if he is there tell him that I said thank you.”

“For what?”

“He’ll know what you’re talking about when you tell him.” Hyun Seung gave a small smile before turning back to the door and opening it, revealing Ji Yong leaning on the wall while Young Bae just stood there, fidgeting just slightly.

“Seung Hyun said that they were allowed to be released without a single hair being harmed on there head and I will trust you to keep that promise.” Ji Yong gave a stiff nod before pushing pass Hyun Seung and grabbing Doo Joon while Young Bae gave a small one and maneuvered pass him to get to Jun Hyung. While they were being ushered out of the room something came to Hyun Seung’s mind.

“Jun Hyung,” he called, both Young Bae and Jun Hyung paused at the door, “Tell them when they come back that I’m sorry, they’ve finally found me after thinking I was dead for three years but I ended up falling back into his clutches. So please tell them I apologize.” Jun Hyung just nodded before they continued to walk. When they were out of his sight someone came up to the door, Hyun Seung didn’t remember ever seeing his face before.

“Seung Hyun wants to see you,” the man said before turning around and walking away, obviously expecting for him to follow so he did. They walked in silence and Hyun Seung took this moment to look around, not much in this house had changed in three years. It was reassuring yet sickening at the same time, at least he knew he wasn’t going to get lost.

They stopped in front of double doors and Hyun Seung felt his stomach churn, the doors were too familiar. “He’s waiting for you inside.” He looked at the man before giving a stiff nod, his hand shaking just slightly as he opened the door and walked inside. He didn’t look up until the door was fully closed behind him.

“Welcome back, my Hyun Seung.”

“Didn’t I say I didn’t belong to anyone?” Hyun Seung looked up at Seung Hyun with a frown, the other man was lounging on the king size bed that sat in the middle of the room, a smirk set in place.

“Now you do,” he smiled as he spoke, “You gave yourself to me willingly and you no longer have anyone to stop me from taking you. So now you do belong to me.”



xXxXxXxXxXx

Both Doo Joon and Jun Hyung stayed silent as they were blindfolded and put into the back of a car. Then they drove for a long time before they were dumped somewhere and the car that took them sped away, they didn’t take off their blindfolds until the sound of the car was completely gone.

Jun Hyung looked around and realized that they were dumped near the hospital that he was checked into before Seung Hyun’s men picked him up. “I guess we should head for Hyun Seung’s apartment,” Jun Hyung said with a sigh.

“Why?”

“Didn’t Hyun Seung say to go to go to his apartment,” Jun Hyung turned as he asked the other, “He said that a man might be waiting there and if the man isn’t then he needed someone to take care of a cat...it’s better then just standing around doing nothing isn’t it?”

“There’s nothing to do,” Doo Joon said as they started walking, “I already promised that I wouldn’t go back to save him.”

“You may have but I don’t ever remember him asking me to keep that promise,” Jun Hyung said, “So for now we’re going to go to his apartment like he told us too but we can’t make a move until Dong Woon and Yo Seob return.”

“Dong Woon and Yo Seob?”

“Two C.I.A. agents that protected Hyun Seung the first time he was in that place,” Jun Hyung told him, “They’re apparently coming back so we have to wait for them.”

As they continued to make their way towards Hyun Seung’s apartment, Doo Joon started to realize that they had switched places. Jun Hyung acted like he was the leader while Doo Joon felt like he had fallen back into being a lackey, all the confusion in his own mind preventing him from taking the lead.

When they finally reached Hyun Seung’s apartment they had to pause at the front door, it wasn’t closed. They exchanged glances before nodding to each other and then proceeding inside with caution. They didn’t make that far in before Jun Hyung felt the barrel of a gun pressed against his temple. Doo Joon’s hand automatically went to the place where he kept his weapon to realize that he didn’t have it on him, it was taken away when he was taken.

“Hyun Seung wanted us to tell you ‘thank you’,” Jun Hyung said calm voice as Doo Joon stayed still behind him, studying the man’s face in front of him.

“How do I know that you’re not lying to me?”

“He said that if the man wasn’t here he wanted me to take care of his cat.”

“What’s your name?”

“Yong Jun Hyung.”

“Oh so it’s you.” He felt the gun leave his head and Jun Hyung turned to see a man shorter then him with a child-like appearance, “You’re the reason we went to the hospital, you’re the one who told when you weren’t supposed to...about Hyun Seung’s past.”

“How do you know all of that,” Jun Hyung asked, “Who exactly are you to Hyun Seung...”

“I’m his savior...”

“Wait, I’ve seen you before,” Doo Joon cut him off, “You were the one who gave Seung the kiss on the cheek that night.”

“A kiss?”

“Ah,” Ki Kwang turned to Doo Joon, “You saw me that night, that means your the F.B.I. agent who cared for him after we lost contact.”

“You couldn’t have saved him,” Jun Hyung said with a huff, “Your just a kid...”

“You shouldn’t judge a book by it’s cover,” Ki Kwang said as he finally closed the door behind them, “Doing that could get you killed one day. Now may I ask you two where Hyun Seung might be?”

“He was taken by Seung Hyun,” Jun Hyung said and Ki Kwang let out a sigh before putting his gun away.

“Were your lives threatened in anyway?”

“Not to our knowledge,” Doo Joon said, “But when Hyun Seung entered the room we were kept in he apparently traded his life for ours...”

“So Ji Yong didn’t betray him then,” Ki Kwang said with a small smile, “He just thought of the fact that he didn’t want anyone else to lose their life because of him...that means I should be heading back.”

“Heading back to where?” Doo Joon and Jun Hyung both spoke in unison which made Ki Kwang let out a small laugh.

“To make everything less suspicious I’m going back to Seung Hyun’s mansion,” Ki Kwang said with a wave of his hand, “Since I’m technically a new recruit I should be there rather then here.”

“A new recruit,” Jun Hyung said at the same time Doo Joon said, “Seung Hyun’s mansion.”

“Yes to both.”

“So you were on the enemies side this whole time!”

“Don’t make me laugh,” Ki Kwang said as he placed his hand on the door knob, “I don’t work for scum like him, my only goal is to make sure Hyun Seung stays safe and right now I should go to Hyun Seung’s side at the mansion and protect him the best I can.” With that he was out the door in a heartbeat, all Jun Hyung and Doo Joon could do was stared dumbly after him. As the door closed Doo Joon jumped as something coiled around his leg. They both looked down to see a cat staring up at him.

“I honestly thought he was lying about the cat,” Doo Joon said with a frown.

“I guess all we can do now is care for the cat and wait for Dong Woon and Yo Seob to return.” Jun Hyung messed up his hair with his hand, “This is so troublesome...”