Unwanted savior with unwanted curiousity

Behind the Mask

When Hyun Seung woke up he expected to see an all too familiar setting that brought back bad memories and a man hovering over his face with a sinister smile, before saying something about having his precious toy back. When his eyes did open it was almost exactly how he imagined it, except for the fact that his surroundings didn't bring back bad memories and the man who leaned over him didn't have a sinister smile, just a relieved one.

"Are you okay Seung," Dong Woon asked as he help Hyun Seung into a sitting up position.

"What happened," he asked as he put his hand on his forehead, hoping that it would stop the lightheaded feeling that overwhelmed him, "The last thing I remember was everything going completely black...did you save me?"

"That was one of his men," Dong Woon said with a frown, "He's dead now but it wasn't me who saved you, Seob and I didn't come till everything was said and done with."

"So who did help me?"

"He did," Dong Woon said as he called someone into the room. Hyun Seung looked at his bedroom door and at first all he saw was a silhouette of a man but as the other man moved closer Hyun Seung's heart stopped. Jun Hyung stood just a few feet away from him and the only thing running through Hyun Seung's mind was, why did it have to be him?

"How much did you tell him," Hyun Seung asked as he pulled his eyes away from Jun Hyung and towards Dong Woon.

"Don't look at me like that," Dong Woon said with a frown, "I know how you are about that so I didn't answer any of his questions, I wanted to leave the explaining to you."

"What about Seob?"

"You'd have to ask him yourself," Dong Woon said as he stood, "I've been in here with you the whole time...but I'll go get him now." He turned to walk out of the room and Jun Hyung made to go after him but Hyun Seung called after him, telling him to stay. Jun Hyung stayed like he was told and they sat in silence for what felt like forever.

"What did they tell you," Hyun Seung asked after several minutes, he couldn't stand the silence anymore.

"Well the taller one was with you this whole time like he said," Jun Hyung said, "And the shorter one was so worried about you that he didn't say anything about anything other then voicing his worries." He nodded his head in understanding and they fell into another silence, Jun Hyung unsure of anything to say and Hyun Seung so lost in his head that he almost forgot about the other's presence.

"How did you know where I live," Hyun Seung asked as he turned his eyes towards the ceiling, "And why were you there?"

"Doo Joon sent me after you, he thought you were acting strange so he didn't want you to be left alone. He knew that if I was caught following you you would get mad so he told me to follow you without being caught."

"So he made you...stalk me?"

"I guess you could say that..."

"Why couldn't he follow me on his own, why did he send you?"

"He said since he was team leader he had to stay behind and make sure that everything was taken care of," Jun Hyung said with a small frown, "He also said that it was the first test of trust, that if anything had happened to you on my watch he would put me on desk duty for the rest of my career." Hyun Seung smiled at that.

"That sounds like Doo Joon."

"What an over-protective boyfriend type?"

Hyun Seung let out a soft laugh, "Boyfriend? Try over-protective big brother type, he's been watching over me the three years I've lived here." Jun Hyun let out a 'ah' sound to show he understood and Hyun Seung went completely silent before, for the first time since the other man entered the room, looking at Jun Hyung and asking, "How much did you see?"

"I got there just as a man was putting a cloth over your mouth."

"And you killed him for that?"

"He killed himself," Jun Hyung said quickly, "I rushed in there telling him to put his hands up or I'll shoot and with lightning reflexes he slit his own throat."

"I guess that would be the better option for a man like him," Hyun Seung said quietly, "He would have hated to be killed by your hands and if he was apprehended without getting his job done I'm sure he would have killed him the slow and painful way since he's such a sick bastard."

"Who's he?"

"I guess I should let you know since you saw something that wasn't supposed to be witnessed," Hyun Seung said and smiled as he heard a small noise on the other side of his closed bedroom door, "You know it's not nice to eavesdrop right, Woon, Seob?" After he said the nicknames everything on the other side of his door went completely silent, like two little kids trying to hide so they wouldn't get caught doing something bad by their parents. Hyun Seung's smile grew a bit wider. "I already know you two are out there," he called and the door opened to reveal Dong Woon and Yo Seob.

"It was Seob's idea," Dong Woon automatically responded and Hyun Seung cocked his eyebrow.

"He didn't tell me not to so it's his fault too," Yo Seob said in the most childish way possible.

"Are you guys done," Hyun Seung asked, "And I must know how old you two are, because the response you two just gave me was that of two five year olds telling on each other."

"I am five," Yo Seob said defiantly as he crossed his arms over his chest.

"Well I need the grown up Seob to help me explain my past to the F.B.I. agent over here."

"That's a rather unpleasant subject," Yo Seob said as he scrunched up his nose to show his distaste, "Even when we were still on the case it was an unpleasant subject."

"They took you off the case?"

"Like I said over the phone a couple of days ago," Dong Woon said with a slight frown gracing his features, "After you escaped three years ago he's been laying low. Our superiors took everyone off the case after two years because they felt as if other more pressing cases where popping up. Everyone but Seob and I had stopped thinking about it completely, we've even been trying to find new clues. Nothing came out of our independent work."

"I remember that," Hyun Seung said, "So I guess now is better then ever to find him, he seems to be coming out of hiding now that he's find out about my whereabouts."

"True..."

"I'm sorry but who's he," Jun Hyung spoke up, he was completely lost on the conversation, "And who exactly are you two? You said something about a case, does that mean you two are cops."

"That's right," Yo Seob said, "We were so worried about Seungie that we didn't introduce ourselves earlier. I'm Yang Yo Seob."

"Son Dong Woon."

"We're C.I.A. special agents," they said in unison and Jun Hyung just looked at them with a cocked eyebrow.

"If that's true then why have I never seen you before," he asked, "In my other team we worked with the C.I.A. and I've never seen you before and we met everyone."

"They just wanted to think you met everyone," Dong Woon said as Yo Seob continued, "The branch of the C.I.A. that we work for is hidden from the world, in a sense. We do most of the work for C.I.A. when dealing with high profile cases such as terrorism or the mafia. I work for computer forensics while Woonie goes out and infiltrates our target's headquarters to gather information from the source. To put it simply, we're government paid spies."

"I've heard about that rumor," Jun Hyung said with a crooked smile, "I honestly thought it was a flat out lie."

"That's what they want you to think," Dong Woon said with a shrug of his shoulders.

"Is it okay to tell him all that," Hyun Seung asked as he finally moved to get out of his bed, the lightheaded feeling he first felt before was long gone, "Won't you get in trouble for telling someone that isn't under your protection."

"It's fine, he's an officer of the law too," Dong Woon said at the same time Yo Seob said, "Is it okay for you to stand?"

"I'm fine Seob," Hyun Seung said as he stood and headed towards his door to head out into the living room, "I don't have any injuries at all just a feeling of being lightheaded that's long gone now." He turned to the men in his room with a small smile, "Let's move out into the living room so everyone can be comfortable, because the tale is kind of long."

Even though Hyun Seung insisted that nothing was wrong with him Yo Seob followed closely behind him and even sat down beside him on the couch, so close together that it looked that they were attached to each other, while Dong Woon took the other spot next to Hyun Seung and Jun Hyung took the small couch across from them.

"So you two are spies for the government," he clarified and Dong Woon and Yo Seob shook their heads, "But what does that have to do with Hyun Seung."

"I guess it's very confusion how I came to know people as secretive as these two, right," Hyun Seung asked and Jun Hyung nodded, "Well I guess to make it simple it started off when I was a teenager. I meet a man who changed my life and being a naive teenager from a poor family I honestly thought he would change my life for the better, but he ultimately turned my world upside down in the worst possible way. At first he was an angel, like some god-sent gift for me; a child that had been having a hard life since birth."

"But that doesn't explain how you met them..."

"Don't get impatient," Yo Seob said with a frown, "Let him tell his story, our meeting will be told soon enough."

"He was the perfect person in my eyes," Hyun Seung continued on as if there was no interruption, "He stayed with me when times were hard and helped me out, showing the personality of a kind and caring person. It didn't take me that long to fall in love with him and I fell pretty hard. My parents didn't approve of me loving him and it wasn't because it was a man that I fell in love with, but because they felt like he was bad news and with my love sickness I didn't see it and I just told them they were crazy. Then the signs that the man I fell in love with was not the person I had thought he was started to show, but I ignored them all. I though all I needed was him and I didn't care who he was or what he had done. It took a year until he decided to take me to his home, he sprouted lies about how he wanted me to meet his loving family but when I got there there was no family in sight. I ignored it then, thinking that all the people that were crawling around the mansion where his friends. I ignored the guns that I saw on the people and occasionally lying around the home and I kept telling myself that all I needed was him, I was probably trying to convince myself that it didn't matter what he did. A few months of living with him I had met these two and we talked because I felt that they were different from the other people in his mansion. A few more months and I found out my initial thoughts on them were correct, they had informed me of their real identity and the true identity of the man I had fallen in love with. According to them I had fallen in love with a boss of a notorious mafia gang. I, of course being the love sick puppy that I was at the time, told them that they were lying and refused to believe their words. I left the two C.I.A. agents behind as I made my way back into his arms. More months passed and they tried to get me to believe their words with each passing day, but my stubborn personality always knocked down their words; never believing any of it. It was our third year together when I found out the true monster I had fallen in love with. In order to keep me all to himself he had killed my family in front of me and I didn't speak up to stop him." He suddenly stopped talking and Dong Woon picked up where he left off.

"He finally believed what we've been telling him and we sort of became his protectors after that day," he frowned as he looked over to Hyun Seung before turning his his eyes back to Jun Hyung, "A couple of more years past and Yo Seob and I worked on ways to free Seung from his clutches. But one day Seung disappeared and so did all activities from the the gang, we had thought Seung was dead for three years."

"Wait...what's his name?" Jun Hyung asked, "And what's the gang's name? And, last but not least, how did you escape?"

"It may seem unorganized to you," Dong Woon said, "But the gang had no name."

"No name?"

"Yes," Yo Seob said, "Having no name for the gang was one of the smartest and organized moves. Since the gang was large they couldn't really watch all of their members, so by keeping it nameless there was no way to track the small fry that get caught to the head honcho."

"How very disorganized yet organized at the same time..." Yo Seob and Dong Woon nodded in agreement.

"That alone made it hard for Seob and I to infiltrate them."

"What about your escape," Jun Hyung asked as he turned his head towards Hyun Seung.

"I don't really remember the details," Hyun Seung said as he leaned to the side so his head was resting on Dong Woon's shoulder, "I just remember someone in his gang helped me."

"Really?"

"Yup," he gave a small nod after lifting his head from Dong Woon's shoulder and turning his attention to the two men seated next to him, "I didn't tell you two because I wanted to put everything behind me, start things anew. I guess my past isn't so going to be left behind so easily."

"That's all fine and well but you still didn't tell me his name," Jun Hyung said, "That's the thing I'm really curious about."

"His name is Choi Seung Hyun," Hyun Seung said, "In the beginning you reminded me of him."

"In what way?"

"The way you looked at me when you pointed your weapon at me upon our first meeting," Hyun Seung said, "And the way you handled the men at the warehouse today. Those are two out of many."

"Is that's why you've been avoiding me?"

"Basically," Hyun Seung said as he looked towards the window, "The sun has already fallen..."

"Do you think Seob and I can take your spare room," Dong Woon asked, "We didn't really set up a place to stay."

"Go ahead, it's right next to mine." They stood and said thanks before both of them disappeared into the guest bedroom. Hyun Seung stood and turned his attention towards Jun Hyung, silence settled between them. Now that the other knew everything and that Dong Woon and Yo Seob were gone the air that hung between them turned awkward.

"I guess I should be heading home now," Jun Hyung said as he walked towards the door, "I have to tell Doo Joon about this tomorrow." Hyun Seung moved faster then Jun Hyung, and even himself, had thought possible as his thin fingers wrapped around the other's wrist. Effectively stopping him from turning the handle to the front door.

"You will tell no once of what you heard today," Hyun Seung said quietly.

"But I have to tell the squad leader," Jun Hyung said with a frown.

"Tell him and I'll disappear again," Hyun Seung said, "I'll make it so no one can find me."

"Why can't I tell him," he asked.

"Because this is my problem and I don't want anyone else involved," he said, "It's bad enough that I had to tell you."

"That rude."

"Just go home and keep this to yourself," Hyun Seung said with a frown as he let go of Jun Hyung's arm, "Woon and Seob are enough to protect me from Seung Hyun and his men, just don't interfere. I don't want anyone else to get hurt because of me." With that Hyun Seung leaned forward and cupped his hand over Jun Hyung's, turning the handle with Jun Hyung's hand under his. He then pushed the other man out and closed the door with a click of the lock.