The plan is announced

Behind the Mask

Hyun Seung woke up the next day in Seung Hyun’s empty bed, his clothes still on him since he wasn’t asked to do anything after being brought to Seung Hyun’s room. He felt like everything that had happened in those three years were just a dream. He was about to pull the blanket off himself when someone opened the door to the bedroom. He looked up to see Dae Sung standing at the doorway, his eyes sad.

“Seung Hyun says that there’s someone he wants you to meet,” he said with a bow, “If you’ll follow me.”

“I’ll only follow if someone gives me some pants,” Hyun Seung said with a frown, “I may have walked around like this yesterday but I refused to do that two days in a row.” Dae Sung nodded before going to Seung Hyun’s dresser and pulling out a pair of lounge pants, Hyun Seung automatically noticed them as a pair that he left behind after his escape. He wasn’t sure if he should’ve felt surprised or disgusted by the fact that Seung Hyun had kept them for three years. Either way he took the pants from Dae Sung and slipped them on before following the other out of the room.

They walked in silence before stopping in front of a large set of double doors, he automatically recognized them as the doors that led to the largest and most used room in the whole mansion. The main room. Hyun Seung was ready to walk in and face whatever was on the other side but Dae Sung stopped him by putting his hand on the other’s arm. He froze as he felt something being slipped into the pocket of the lounge pants and Dae Sung whispered something about reading it when he was alone in the room before moving forward and opening the door. Hyun Seung hid the surprise on his face when he saw Ki Kwang standing a little behind Seung Hyun, who sat on a lavish red couch in the front of the room.

“Ah, my Seungie,” he said with the widest smile on his face, “You’re finally awake.” Hyun Seung ignored the looks that came his way from the various criminals scattered around the room as he followed Dae Sung towards the front of the room. “I’d like you to meet the man who just returned from scouting for me,” Seung Hyun said as he pointed at Ki Kwang, “His name is Lee Ki Kwang and, even though he’s new, I’m going to make him your personal body guard. Someone who will always be by your side, he’ll be your second shadow.”

“Hello,” he turned to look at Ki Kwang, his face fixed in a state of indifference, “I’m Jang Hyun Seung, from today I’ll be in your care.”

“T.O.P.” Hyun Seung turned to see Seung Hyun standing at the door, “You’re first appointment of the day is here.”

“Ah, thank you for telling me Seung Ri,” Seung Hyun said with a smile before looking at Hyun Seung, “Please show Ki Kwang around, not much about this place has changed in the last three years that you weren’t by my side.” Hyun Seung kept himself from making a face that showed his disgust from having to take orders from Seung Hyun, instead he calmly bowed as Seung Hyun left the room. “Follow me Dae,” he called as he left, “Have GD and Taeyang also join use in the meeting room Seung Ri.” Seung Hyun nodded before heading off to find Ji Yong and Young Bae.

“Please tell me your already familiar with the layout of this place,” Hyun Seung said as he moved closer to Ki Kwang so he could lower his voice, “Because I really don’t feel up to a walk on memory lane right now...”

“More or less,” Ki Kwang said with a smile, “Let’s just head to your room then.”

“We can’t speak freely there,” Hyun Seung said as he turned and walked out of the main room, Ki Kwang following, “I think he has my room bugged with cameras and listening devices, it’s what he did to my room in the past.”

“Do you remember a place without cameras?”

“Besides his own bedroom,” Hyun Seung asked, “The back gardens is another safe place...even though it has cameras if you go far enough in then the cameras become useless.”

“Then let’s go to the back gardens,” Ki Kwang said with a smile, “Lead the way.”

“Let me grab a jacket first,” Hyun Seung said as he headed towards his room, “It’s chilly in the mornings and I really don’t feel like changing in that room with those cameras everywhere.” Ki Kwang nodded in understanding as they made their way towards Hyun Seung’s room. He stepped inside as the other searched for a light jacket and once one was found they were both out in a flash. He slipped the jacket on over the large night shirt as he led Ki Kwang towards the back entrance of the mansion, slipping on a pair of slippers that sat in front of the doorway before actually heading out.

He knew exactly where he was going from there but he made sure to move at a slow pace so it looked like he was properly showing Ki Kwang around. To add to the illusion Ki Kwang walked by his side and looked around but what he was really doing was remembering where all the cameras were place, he had a feeling the information would come in handy later.

They walked until they reached a hedge maze just a few feet away from the main house, Ki Kwang followed Hyun Seung a few feet inside of the maze. “Will we get lost in here,” he asked and he saw Hyun Seung sake his head as he stopped when he felt they were far enough in.

“I’ve been in this maze plenty of times,” Hyun Seung assured him, “We won’t get lost, especially since we’re not that far in.” Ki Kwang nodded as Hyun Seung fished a note out of his pocket, Dae Sung told him not to check it until he was in his room but outside was probably a lot safer then inside. Ki Kwang watched as he unfolded the note, a frown set in place. “Should I do what they ask?” Hyun Seung looked up to Ki Kwang and turned the note over so Ki Kwang could read it, meet us in the back garden tonight, we have to talk to you - Dae Sung, Young Bae, Seung Ri, “Do you think they’ll bring Ji Yong with them, because I really don’t want to face him right now.”

“We should go,” Ki Kwang said with a smile as he leaned on one of the hedges, “Maybe you can get some answers.”

“You’re going with me right?”

“But of course,” Ki Kwang gave his brightest smile, “The big boss man did tell me to never leave your side.”

“That reminds me,” Hyun Seung folded the note and placed it back in his pocket, “How did a newbie like you get trusted with watching over me, his favorite prize?”

“I gained his trust as I raised in ranks,” Ki Kwang said, “And I’m the one he trusts the most out of his whole gang, minus his four right hand men.”

“How’d you gain his trust? I know that’s not an easy task...”

“Reconnaissance missions,” Ki Kwang said, “Or at least in a sense, military wasn’t involved but I was sent into the enemy territory to gain information. With the fact that all the information I brought to him was useful and the reason he defeated the others so easily made me gain his trust quickly.”

“Then what mission did he send you on before you returned?”

“He wanted me investigate the people who were stealing his shipments.”

“He’s gonna find out when you don’t have the information...”

“I collected it months ago,” Ki Kwang cut Hyun Seung off, “So he won’t know what I was doing those days I was with you, the information he asked me to get was on his desk in the morning which is the reason he left us for his first appointment.” Just as Ki Kwang finished talking a gunshot sounded from inside the mansion and Hyun Seung felt his shoulders slump as he let out a sigh.

“He kills anyone who defies him now,” Hyun Seung peaked over the hedge to stare at the mansion.

“Hasn’t he always done that?” Hyun Seung turned back towards Ki Kwang with a sad smile.

“Not in the past,” Hyun Seung kept the sad smile in place, “He rarely used to kill. He used to always wear a smile and play around like a child. Though, he did kill my parents so the Choi Seung Hyun I remember in my past probably never really existed.”

“That would have been a very interesting side of him to see,” Ki Kwang said with a smile as he patted Hyun Seung on the arm, “Whether it was real or fake, it would’ve been more interesting then the frown that he always seems to wear.”



xXxXxXxXxXx


Doo Joon was already awake and wondering though Hyun Seung’s apartment, while Jun Hyung was still passed out on the couch. He was currently going through all of the cabinets in Hyun Seung’s kitchen, looking for something to eat but not much was there to offer. “Did he live off fast food or something,” he asked himself as he opened the last cabinet and found the same thing that he had in the others, nothing.” He moved from the kitchen towards the front door, slipping on his shoes as and fixing his hair a little bit before opening the door. He was planning on getting something from a nearby convenience store but when he opened the door he was greeted by two men. The tallest man held his hand up as if he was about to knock while the shorter one held a bag in his arms and a smile on his face.

“Who are you,” he and the tallest one asked while the shorter stated, “You’re not Seungie...”

“You shouldn’t ask me who I am,” Doo Joon said with a frown, “You’re the ones who were about to knock.”

“I have that right,” the tallest said with a frown, “Your the stranger in Hyun Seung’s apartment, I just didn’t use my key cause I didn’t feel like barging in without Hyun Seung knowing we were back.” The shorter of the two pushed past Doo Joon and started calling for Hyun Seung, all Doo Joon could do was yell after him. He had already disappeared into the living room.

“Jun Hyung!” The taller boy pushed passed Doo Joon at his companions words and Doo Joon felt annoyed by the fact that he was being ignored, but he still closed the door and followed the other towards the living room. When they entered the room the shorter on was standing in front of the groggy Yo Seob with a huge smile set in place.

Jun Hyung blinked a few times as he looked between the two men that brushed passed Doo Joon. His gears starting to work as he remembered there names. “Yo Seob, Dong Woon,” his voice was filled with sleepiness, “Hyun Seung said he was sorry.”

“Sorry for what,” Dong Woon asked with a cocked eyebrow and a frown.

“I just woke up,” was Jun Hyung’s response, “You remember what he said, right Doo Joon. Please fill them in, I have to go wake up a little more.” With that he stood and headed towards the bathroom to splash water on his face, stumbling a bit as he walked. Dong Woon and Yo Seob turned to look at Doo Joon, waiting for the other to explain the situation.

“He apologized for falling back into Seung Hyun’s clutches,” he said as he thought about it, “Something about after just reuniting after thinking he was dead for three years.”

“We weren’t even gone for that long,” Dong Woon said with a sigh.

“And here I thought Hyun Seung was apologizing to us cause he finally jumped Jun Hyung,” Yo Seob said as Jun Hyung left the bathroom, “Woonie, he hasn’t jumped him yet.”

“Jumped me,” Jun Hyung asked just as Doo Joon asked, “Jumped him.”

“He’s a bit delusional,” Dong Woon said as he lightly smacked Yo Seob on the shoulder, “Are we going to take him back?” All three of them looked at Dong Woon, “Well...we are getting him back right?”

“If you have a plan I’ll be glad to hear it,” Jun Hyung said with a frown, “That man...Seung Hyun, he’s the possessive type, Hyun Seung shouldn’t stay in his clutches for too long.”

“I promised I wouldn’t go after him,” Doo Joon said with a pout.

“So,” Yo Seob looked up at him, “We can’t leave him there, Seung Hyun is the worst kind of person. He used to keep food from Hyun Seung because he didn’t want the other to have the ability to fight back, so he could only live and not do much else.”

“He did a good job at hiding his weakened state though,” Dong Woon commented, “It wasn’t revealed until he was running after us in the back garden, he collapsed from overworking his body.”

“Is that why he was so weak when I found him collapsed in a pile of trash near my home,” Doo Joon asked.

“Your the one who found our Seungie,” Yo Seob asked as he turned towards Doo Joon, his eyes bright. He nodded and Yo Seob took Doo Joon’s hand in his, “Then I should thank you for taking care of Seungie, I hope he wasn’t as much of a hassle.”

“He kept getting caught by criminals,” Doo Joon sighed, “Or he stumbled in on there secret hideouts...he’s lucky me and my men got there before he got shot.” Dong Woon and Yo Seob both broke out into giggling fits, Doo Joon’s hands falling from Yo Seob’s.

“He hasn’t changed a bit,” Dong Woon said as he recovered before Yo Seob, “He was always walking into trouble.”

“But we always saved him,” Yo Seob chirped.



xXxXxXxXxXx


“I’ve changed my mind,” Hyun Seung whined as Ki Kwang pulled him towards the back garden when night fell, “I don’t want to go anymore.”

“You’ll regret if you don’t go,” Ki Kwang said as he continued to pull Hyun Seung along, “Just hear them out.” Hyun Seung pouted but made no more complaints as Ki Kwang pulled him along, he knew that he should hear them out but he wanted to be stubborn. He resisted a little bit by digging his feet into the dirt as they walked outside but Ki Kwang took no notice as he pulled him just as easily as before. They made it to the back garden with a little bit of trouble and stopped far enough away that they couldn’t been seen or heard, then they waited.

Only a couple of minutes passed before they were joined by Young Bae, Seung Ri, Dae Sung, and Ji Yong. Hyun Seung couldn’t help but to frown at the sight of the man who brought him back in the first place. He moved a little behind Ki Kwang and poked him, “I told you they would bring him...”

“He doesn’t want to see you right now,” he said as he turned away from Hyun Seung and looked at Ji Yong.

“Can you just hear him out,” Dae Sung asked, “He needs to tell you why he went along with Seung Hyun’s plans...”

“So you guys had a part in this too,” Hyun Seung asked before backing up from Ki Kwang, “Does that mean your going to betray me too?”

“It’s not like that,” Ji Yong said, “I needed you back here because your needed to make my plan work.”

“What plan?” Ki Kwang and Hyun Seung’s voices echoed each others.

“The plan to over throw Seung Hyun,” Ji Yong said. His words making both of there jobs drop.