Crash, fall down

Crash

 

Key threw the front door open to see a car drive slowly away from the curb, a familiar silhouette in the driver’s seat.

“LEE TAEMIN!” he screamed. “Come back here at once!”

The words fell out awkwardly and harshly from his tongue, words that mothers would say. But he was angry, bewildered, sleepy, worried and scared out of his mind, what the was Taemin doing?

He couldn’t let him drive! Taemin didn’t even know how to drive! What INSANITY was this? He couldn’t let Taemin just zoom off.

He ran to his house, the cold stones and the concrete of the pavements and paths numbing his feet.

“ ,” he chanted frustratedly as had to run up his stairs to get his room and grabbed his keys, run down again, shove his feet into some flip flops because he couldn’t drive with barefeet, undo all the locks, run out the door-

“Key! What’s happening?” asked Taeyeon, flying to him while Onew looked around in the night disbelief.

“Where’s my car!” yelled Onew.

“Taemin just drove off, I have to chase him, that stupid kid,” said Key hurriedly as he opened the front door and slammed it, starting his car up.

“He took my car?” yelled Onew in disbelief. “What? But he can’t drive!”

“Exactly!” screamed Key as he backed out of the driveway and stepped on the accelerator down their road Taemin had just drove down, Onew and Taeyeon standing on their driveway with their hands on their mouths in the dark before running into the house to get the keys for Taeyeon’s car while Key’s parents sleepily emerged from the front door.

 

Key willed himself to breathe as he sped up to catch up the silver car in front of him that was slowly stopping for red light. He swerved to the kerb before throwing himself out of the car,

“Stop, stop, stop!” he yelled, running out to the front of Taemin’s car, banging on the bumper with his hands.  It was so dark yet he could see Taemin so clearly through the windshield, his eyes open in shock and looking scared.

“What are you doing?” he asked Taemin loudly, and he saw Taemin shake his head. I don’t know, I don’t know. “Roll down your window,” Key demanded.

The window slowly lowered. “Go away hyung,” Taemin called out the window shakily. “Just go away and leave me alone.”

“And where are you going to go?” asked Key. “I’m not leaving you alone.”

“Then I’m going to run you over,” threatened Taemin tearfully. “I’m going to kill you too.”

“Me too- is this what that’s about? Taemin, your family’s accident was not your fault! You weren’t driving that car, it just happened! Life just happens.. things just happen and you just go along for the ride. Taemin, get out of the car, please.”

“Why can’t you just leave me alone?” moaned Taemin, starting to wipe his nose.

“Well you see, I can’t,” said Key. “I’m not going anywhere. And neither are you. Do you remember what you promised me?”

“What?” hiccupped Taemin,  swiping at his cheeks.

“Think babe, think. Remember? When we went to the mall for the first time? And I lost you?  When I found you, what did I make you promise, love? What got me so scared?” said Key, using the best soothing voice he could muster.

“I don’t know,” said Taemin, not looking at Key.

“Come on babe,” Key coaxed.

“I promised… to stay with you.”

“The past is the past, we can’t change it anymore. Just let this go Taemin. Get out of that car. Keep your promise to me. Come back to me, please. Come on, out of the car,” said Key, opening up his arms. “Come on baby. Come on..”

Taemin stared at Key, as if he was having an internal battle.

“Don’t you dare think,” warned Key. “Just listen to me. It’s only going to get better okay? I’m going to try so hard to make you happy, and aren’t we happy? I promise you’ll be happy. Just get out of the car...”

Key was surprised when Taemin jerked open the car door and ran into Key’s outstretched arms, burying himself in them, sobbing loudly.

“Hey, hey it’s okay,” said Key, dizzy with relief. “Oh my god, it’s okay…”

Taemin was tugging him down to the ground, sagging in surrender. Key wasn’t strong enough to keep both of them upright and they ended up kneeling on the road, gravel biting into Key’s knees as he cradled Taemin, kissing his hair repeatedly. He couldn't believe what had just happened but for now, it was okay.

“It’s over now, and this is a second chance to make everything better,” promised Key. “Oh my god, I love you Taemin, you scared me so much,” he whispered repeatedly.Taemin just held on, hiccupping his ‘saranghaeyo hyung’s back.

Key sprawled out on the cold road, Taemin falling with him and Key just stared at the stars and rubbed Taemin’s back and couldn’t stop kissing him.

When their parents, Taeyeon and Onew arrived at the scene, Key’s mother screamed thinking they were dead, until she saw that they were moving and started screaming at them for scaring her. And Key and Taemin just lay there under the traffic light that was flashing green.

 

 

 

A/N Well, I had a great moan in the last A/N didn’t I? How embarrassing. All your comments were so loverly <3 <3 I am going to try be more positive now. I don’t know how, but I will! I am a lot happier! I think I’m used to my routine now.  I think I had my quarter life crisis there, lol. I don’t even know what to say for myself… it’s not like anything in my life changed :/ I’m so so so so so sorry for the late update *bows* but seriously, I was too :’( to even want to look at this. Forgiveness, please! I’m soooo sorry!

Some things that have happened:

1.       Gay marriage was legalised in my country! (New Zealand!) so can we please start planning the kidnapping of kpop idols and shipping them here and marrying them off? Hahah ‘shipping’ them here. But hooray for marriage equality! In this day and age, marriage is about love and legally declaring that you are with someone you want to spend your entire life with. Religion and gender do not, and should not factor in :) .

2.       I started another fanfic, an ontae one called Homewrecker since this one is coming to an end soon. Two chapters to the end, if I am right :) Please check it out!

3.       I need ideas for a taekey fic since I don’t want to abandon my OTP :(

Comments are much loved <3 <3