Sweet Night

Crash

 

“Kibum..”

“What?” said Key exasperatingly as he refreshed his Facebook, his mother at the door of his bedroom.

“Kibum, please, don’t go out with Taemin.”

Key rolled his eyes. Wasn’t his mother sick of saying the same old stuff? He had heard the same lecture so many times. He wished she would go away and just accept that he was not going to break up with Taemin.

“Key, me and your father don’t like Taemin at all, he’s distracting your studies and is a bad influence. I wish you would open your eyes and see that he’s a bad kid. Why are you even mixed up with him? There has to be better guys out there. And he’s so young too, what could you possibly see in him?”

“Mom,” said Key through gritted teeth. “I don’t want anyone else but Taemin, and it’s not going to change for a long time.”

“But surely there are better ones out there. I admit he’s cute, but he’s not even smart and plus,” she paused. “He’s bad luck.”

“Umma!” yelled Key. “Don’t you dare say that.”

“Kibum, he is bad luck. He has misfortune written all over him. His family died, he must already have bad karma. He must be all sorts of messed up. Don’t involve yourself with someone like that honey, it’s just too exhausting and hard. Leave him alone. He might even bring you bad luck too.”

“Umma!” yelled Key again. “That is the meanest thing you have ever said. Shouldn’t we be good charitable Christians and help him feel better?”

“God will help him,” said his mother. “And you stopped pretending to be a Christian years ago.”

 

When Key’s mother left he slammed the door after her, running his fingers through his hair and refreshing facebook again.

Yes. A new notification! He clicked the red flag, eager to see if his request had been met.

Key squealed. He bounced up and down on his bed and covered his burning face with his hands. Oh my god, this was too cute! It was official! Oh my god, he couldn’t stop his beating heart. Yes. He hoped everyone could see the just new update on their newsfeeds.

Key Kim is now in a relationship with 이태민

 

 

Key stared at the face of Micheal Jackson on Taemin’s ceiling. Why the hell had Taemin stuck the posters up there? Yeah, it was cool idea, but it was creepy looking at Micheal Jackson’s Thriller face leering at him in the dark. Lucky Taemin had put the Korn poster on his side, and it was only a symbol. Maybe he had planned it that way.

He to his side and looked at Taemin’s back. Taemin was breathing softly, and Key knew he was still awake, but they had both descended into silence half an hour ago that had signalled ‘going to sleep’ time. But Key was soo bored.

He snuggled up to Taemin’s back and fitted his arm loosely around Taemin’s waist. Taemin sighed and relaxed into Key, and Key settled for breathing in Taemin’s flowery shampoo.

“Taemin,” Key whispered. “Are you awake?”

“Mmmm,” Taemin groaned.

“Want to go for a drive?”

“What?” mumbled Taemin.

“Let’s go for a drive!” whispered Key. “it will be so romantic! A late night date! Do you want to go? Let’s go!”

“Okay..” mumbled Taemin, not moving.

Key giggled and pulled Taemin up, hugging him excitedly until Taemin started giggling too.

 

Key held Taemin’s small hand in his own as they went into the 7/11 and the bell dinged. Taemin was wearing his Doc Martens with his pyjama pants and a hoodie, and Key thought he looked adorable, a mix of bad boy and cutiepie and following Key sleepily around like a child.

“What do you feel like eating Taemin, let’s buy a feast!”

“Chips! Chocolate!” said Taemin as they went through the aisles, picking out what they felt like.

“But hyung… I forgot to bring my wallet.”

Key looked over at Taemin, who looked crestfallen. “I don’t have any money. I guess I’m going to have to put them back… I can’t get anything.”

Key smiled as Taemin put back the onion ring flavoured chips sadly.

“Pabo,” teased Key. “I thought you were Korean. Let your hyung treat you. And you’re on a date! You thought I wasn’t going to pay! Baby, grab those chips back.”

“Really hyung?” asked Taemin. “Yay!”

Key smiled as Taemin’s sweet smile shone through.

“Kyeopta!” he cried, his cheek.

 

“There is a price to pay though,” said Key as they walked out of the store with their food.

“What?” asked Taemin.

Key tapped his cheek and as Taemin leant in to kiss he turned his head to give him a loud kiss on the lips.

“Ew, that’s such an old trick,” laughed Taemin. “You’re so silly hyung!”

“I’m going to have to think of a new one won’t I?”

“Yup,” said Taemin, smiling happily at him.

 

They sat on the bonnet of his car with Taemin’s blanket across their knees, Taemin’s face snuggled in Key’s neck as he sat on Key’s lap.

“The moon is so pretty,” said Key, staring dreamily at it as he ate chocolate. They were parked at the entrance to a secluded park that Key knew would be deserted. No crackheads or teenagers making out in their cars here, thank you. Well, maybe not the last one.

Taemin shivered as the chilly night breeze brushed past them, and Key held him tighter.

“Are you warm?” asked Key.

“Yup,” said Taemin, tilting his head so they could softly kiss.

Taemin made a sound of disagreement when Key’s hands got to his pyjama pants, holding Key’s hands in his own to stop him.

“No hyung,” he said, shaking his head.

“Damn, did I really traumatise you that much?” said Key, worried.

“No, it’s just, the next time I want it to be thought out and planned. And not going with the flow again. I don’t want to do it again..I'm sorry..”

“Don’t be sorry Taemin,” said key kissing his forehead as Taemin looked ashamed. “It’s fine. It’s good that you can tell me these things. So when you think you’re ready, tell me again. I’ll do anything to make you happy. I’m the one who is sorry.”

Taemin smiled shyly as he ate another onion ringed chip.

“You know… I was technically supposed to have after I got married,” said Taemin. “So it doesn’t really feel right to me.”

“We can get married,” said Key spontaneously.

“Is it legal now hyung?” said Taemin, perplexed.

“No.. we can get married now!” said Key.

Taemin was confused until Key pulled out another ringed chip.

“Hyuuung,” he groaned.

“Lee Taemin… I know we haven’t known each other for long, and we haven’t been together for long either. We don’t know each other that well.. and yet you’re the number one in my life.  And even though we only have the nights to be together… hopefully that can come to include days as well. I guess all we have to do is wait. Time is ticking so slowly and yet I’m falling in love so quickly. We don’t do that much and yet I love you like we’ve been through everything. I thought I had been in love before. But I have never felt like the way I do tonight.”

“You love me?” said Taemin, smiling widely. “I’m your number one?”

“Mmhmm,” agreed Key.

“Awww hyung,” said Taemin, throwing his arms around Key. “You have no idea how much that means to me.”

“Then tell me. Since we don’t have the time in the day to show me, tell me.. it’s your turn to be sentimental! Your turn to talk and be romantic,” Key said. He really wanted to hear what Taemin felt about him, even if it meant blatantly asking.

“Well, I love you too. That I know. I don’t know why I fell in love with you in the first place though. You shouldn’t really mean anything to me. ” Taemin shrugged. “You might have figured out, but I am pretty selfish, and back in Korea I was more the jerk than the romantic. I know I made a lot of girls cry in a bad way, and I didn’t feel any regret at all. I read somewhere that psychopaths don’t feel remorse, and it sort of scared me. But I figured as long as I wasn’t the one being hurt, then it was okay. No one was going to punish me for it.”

‘But when you sleep with me at night I really like it. It feels like we’re connected and we’re meant to be together forever. I used to think it was wrong to be gay but.. it feels so right and I don’t want to stop it. If it’s a sin, then let me keep on sinning. Because when you’re breathing at the same time as me and we’re so close to each other it’s sort of like we’re one person. It’s like you’re a part of me, the strong, mature one that can hold me together. And you know there’s no one I love more than myself. But I know you’re not really half of me. I don’t think I could go on without you, I don’t know what I could have done in the nights by myself and I don’t have time to think about it because you’re there in the night making me feel better. You’re the half of me that I love the most. I love you more than I love myself, and I need you so much. You’re exactly what I want. I don’t think anything I say will do it justice. I feel way too much for you. I love you. There, was that romantic enough?”

“Aww!” said Key. “You do have a lot to say, and there’s so much more I could say about you too. I could write an essay or a short story about you. Maybe I should.

‘But for now, Lee Taemin, will you marry me?”

Taemin made a face as Key slid the chip on his ring finger.

“Until I can buy you a real one,” said Key.

“Hmmm,” said Taemin. “So I just made a speech about how much I love you and this is all I get?”

“Materialistic little boy,” said Key, kissing his nose. “But I do have something for you.”

“What?” said Taemin curiously.

“I do have another ring..”

“Hyung.. are you joking? I didn’t mean it.. Um, I think we’re too young to get married and I don’t like the idea of promise rings. And as much as I love you we’re still two silly teenagers, we’re going so fast and suddenly, and-”

“Close your eyes.”

“Hyung, don’t give me a ring, don’t,” pleaded Taemin, but closing his eyes. “I don’t want one.”

Taemin felt Key place something in his palm.

“I had this in my room and I was meaning to give it to you. Don’t worry I haven’t worn it. It was part of a set.”

Taemin opened his eyes and saw a black earring in his palm.

“Do you like it?” asked Key. He hoped Taemin did, because he was wearing the other one and if Taemin thought it was ugly he might have some doubts on whether their tastes were compatible of not.

“Hyung, it’s so cool,” breathed Taemin. “It’s just like yours!”

“That’s our little promise then,” said Key. “I can be your other half for real, and I did give you a ring. One day when time goes on I might give you another sort of ring. But for now, only we will know what this means.”

“That’s deep,” said Taemin. “I like it. Hyung, thank you so much.”

“I like you so much,” said Key, leaning down to kiss him.

“The stars are so pretty,” said Taemin as he leant against Key and reached out to the sky. “You can’t see too many stars in Korea.”

“You’re prettier,” said Key as he tangled his fingers with Taemin’s outstretched hand. “Maybe it’s fate that our stars were meant to cross then.”

 

 

 

A/N my god I feel like chips!!

I had a dream about taekey one night. Key was in a Chanel perfume commercial and he was in this garden full of like, cream pillars and pink roses. He had his sherlock hair, and then he sprayed the perfume, and then Taemin walked in, smelt the perfume and then went to make out with key because he couldn't resist it and that was the commercial.

And omg i got to see the behind the scenes of it where they were just repeatedly making out  for the kiss scene and all I could think was -___- the camera is in the way, they are not passionate enough, this is boring -__-

dream me why didn't you appreciate it?????? omg if that happened in real life i would die.

But tell me what you think of this chapter!! :D <3

 

oh yeah and i changed my name from MissEZ to Taestar because I felt MissEZ would make it too easy for people I know to find me :/