Crash

Crash

 

“It’s not that Kai,” laughed Taemin, his phone pressed into his ear with his shoulder as he the pink piece of paper. “I’m so offended.”

“Why, that yet another girl has confessed to you again? Oh no, I’m too good looking and popular for my own good, boohoo,” responded Kai over the phone jokingly.

“Kai.” laughed Taemin again. “You saw her face when she handed me the note. I don’t mean to be a but I’m offended that someone like that even thought that she had a chance with someone like me. I am genuinely offended that she thought I was at her level and that she had a chance.”

Taemin opened the note, the words in cute purple gel pen writing and stickers everywhere.

“She even drew pictures. She calls me Taemin-oppa. It’s like, umm, do I know you? You don’t deserve to call me oppa! It’s Taemin-ssi to you!”

Kai cackled over the phone. “You are so mean Taemin, but I’m not going to say I envy you at all.”

“See? You call me the mean one but you’re just as mean yourself,” grinned Taemin.

“Taemin! We’re leaving in ten minutes!” yelled his mother from the living room.

“Eeurgh. My umma is making me go to sangyeopsal with her and appa,” said Taemin, rolling his eyes and shrugging on his jacket.

He looked in the mirror. God, he was good looking, wasn’t he? No one else had such pale milky skin in his school, not even the girls. Everyone complimented him on his skin. And his hair! He had started dying it brown when he was 15 and it didn’t look damaged at all. He ran his hand through his hair and smirked at himself before smiling widely. Everyone told him he had beautiful, big eyes, which was what everyone wanted to hear in Korea. All of his mothers friends had said that he had kind and big eyes that made them want to give him the world. The only issue he had himself was his lips. They were a bit too big, but he had grown into them now that he was 18. And did he mention that he couldn’t gain weight at all? And he had started going to the gym, and even he couldn’t ignore the shy stares of the girls and boys everywhere he walked. He hoped he looked like an idol. He even thought he looked better some of the idols out there.

“Taemin!” shouted his mother.

“I’m coming!, God..” he shouted, whispering the last word under his breath as he ran out his room to see where his Mum, Dad and older brother were putting on their shoes.

He was still talking to Kai as he was squashed up next to his mother and brother in the backseat of the taxi which was zooming through the streets of Seoul.

“I hate taxis,” he whined to Kai.

“You don’t have to keep talking to me, you can hang up if you’re busy,” said Kai.

“I don’t want to..” he whined again as his mother digged at him with her elbow and glared at him for being rude.

“Hang up and talk to me and your appa, this is supposed to be a family dinner!” she lightly scolded.

“Fine umma, “ he muttered. “Kai, I have to go. I’ll text you later.”

“Sure,” agreed Kai. “Oh, and want to get drunk tomorrow night?”

“Do you even need to ask?” laughed Taemin. “Of course! Text me the details, arasso?” He asked, saying his goodbyes and hanging up.

“Hyyuuungg,” said Taemin to his brother Taesun next to him, smiling nicely. “Hyung, can you buy me some milk tomorrow? I’ll pay of course,” he said sweetly.

They both knew that milk meant alcohol, and they also both knew that their parents did not approve of underage drinking.

“I’ll buy you some milk Taeminnie,” cooed Taesun back. “But only if you clean my room tomorrow..”

Taemin rolled his eyes again. He knew there would be a catch.

“Deal,” he said. He wasn’t going to clean it very well. “But that means you have to pay for the milk.”

“No way,” said Taesun.

“Taesun, you’re his hyung, you’re supposed to treat your dongsaeng things. You buy Taeminnie some milk and he’ll clean your room. You know what a big ask that is for Taemin,” said his mum.

“Fine,” said Taesun. “I’ll buy Taemin some milk since you want me to so much.”

Taemin laughed gleefully and rested his head on his brother’s shoulder, happy that he was going to get free alcohol.

“Saranghaeyo  hyung!” he said, giving him a one armed hug as Taesun pretended to squash his head. “And umma, can I go to a sleepover at Kai’s tomorrow?”

“Of course honey,” said his mother as Taesun laughed at what Taemin was up to.

 

 

Taemin slouched at his chair at the table, loud and drunken talking filling his ears from the restaurant. He was full now and he wanted to go home. He glanced at his phone and was happy to see that one of the girls that he was currently seeing/leading on had responded. It wasn’t that he didn’t like her, but he was bored and she wasn’t bad looking. And he liked the feeling of having so many girls hung up on him.

“Can we go home now?” whined Taemin.

“No,” said his father, who was still eating.

“I hate this place,” said Taemin.

“I don’t care,” responded his father.

“Don’t you care at all about what I want?” asked Taemin, annoyed. He wanted to go home now!

“Yah, that’s no way to talk to your appa! When did you get so rude?” said his mother.

“I’ve always been like this,” said Taemin sulkily.

“You need to learn some manners,” said his father.

“Well, I need someone to teach me since I don’t have anyone to learn from,” Taemin shot back, glaring at his father pointedly.

“Taemin,” said Taesun in a warning tone. He knew his little brother had a smart mouth that always landed him in trouble.

“Shut up, hyung,” snapped Taemin.

“Taemin, you need to watch your attitude, you’ve been so rude lately!” scolded his mother.

“I don’t care!” yelled Taemin back. “I can do whatever I want. You don’t own me.”

“Actually, I do,” said his father angrily.

“I wish you didn’t,” retorted Taemin. “Kai’s appa is so nice. Why can’t you be like him.”

‘Taemin!” said his appa furiously. “You need to think about what you’re saying. You are too spoilt for your own good. How are you going to do anything in this world with that attitude I don’t even know.”

“I’m too spoilt? Well, who’s fault is that?” Taemin retorted.

“Taemin! That’s it, you’re not allowed to go to Kai’s tomorrow. You are grounded for a week,” said his mother.

Taemin gasped. “Why? Why do you have to ruin everything I want to do? I hate you sometimes umma, and I hate appa. You have to ruin my fun all the time don’t you?”

Taesun sighed as his parents and brother got into yet another argument. He didn’t know when Taemin had started to get so cocky, and why he always wanted to pick arguments. Taesun was sure it was because they had always treated Taemin like a child and gave him what he wanted, so Taemin was unused to the rare times when he didn’t get his way. If Taemin hadn’t been so cute he would have already told him off but he didn’t have the heart to yell at his baby faced dongsaeng.

 

Taemin sat squashed between his angry mother and silent hyung, happy that he had gotten his way and they were going home. The rain lashed at the window pane and he reached across his brother to draw on the misted glass.

“I’m going to draw Adam and Eve,” he said, concentrating as he drew little cartoons of their dogs with his fingertip.

Taesun sighed as he ruffled Taemin’s hair, Taemin’s face tensed in a serious expression that was too cute. Taesun and Taemin both knew that their parents were not good at carrying out punishments, and that tomorrow night Taemin would definitely be able to go to Kai’s.

“Holy fu-“ screamed the driver, and Taemin could hear tyres screaming or was that his mother or was that his hyung as he was jerked forward and something cut into his chest and did something explode and his mind went blank.

 

 

 

Taemin blinked slowly and all he could see was red. He felt numb. Had he gone blind? His heart was thumping and constricting as he reached up shakily to wipe his eyes.

He wished he hadn’t. The first thing he saw was a shattered windscreen that was inches from his face, bright red splashed all across it. Red? Red?

He looked at his hands, which was coated in the same bright red liquid. He could see a big cut on his hand where the red liquid was coming from. Something hot was dripping down his head and he instinctively wiped it and when he saw his sleeve he saw more of that red.

“Appa?” he said shakily, looking at the front seat. He could see a body.. was it… why was it up against the windscreen? It looked like a massive doll. A doll covered in red. A doll that looked like his father. “Appa?” he said again, hyperventilating.

He realised his hands were shaking. He realised he was shaking the hardest he ever had in his life. His heart was pumping so hard. No. no. no. no. no.

“Umma?” he said, looking to his side.

He wished he hadn’t.

He could see his mothers black hair. So that had to be her face. But it couldn’t be. It was covered in red and her hair was sticking to it too. He couldn’t understand. He could not understand. He couldn’t stop staring at it. And then he saw some white in the red. He stared at that for what felt like a long time.

Until he realised.

They were the whites of his mother’s eyes.

Taemin started to scream. He was terrified. Nothing was going through his brain. He had to get out. He had to get out! He tried to kick his legs but realised they were stuck underneath something and that it hurt and he couldn’t and he only screamed louder and tried even harder to get out.

In his activity something was bouncing on his shoulder and he looked over fearfully to see his brother’s head on him and tried to push him off and actually succeeded but red handprints were now on his brother but wait… his brother was breathing!

“Taesun! Taesun!” he screamed, trying to get his brother to open his eyes and get them out. Taemin panicked again as all of a sudden he realised what the red was. Blood. Blood!

He screamed and his chest hurt, but it didn’t stop him from screaming. And all of a sudden sound exploded around him.

Something else was screaming and drowning him out, the sound of metal on metal. What was happening? Taemin started to scream and cry at the same time, struggling. Hands all of a sudden touched him as he continued to cry.

“It’s okay son, we’re going to save you, don’t move or you’ll hurt yourself more, we’ve got you,” said a soothing but unknown male voice.

Everything assaulted him at once. The sirens. The bright light in the car even though it was night. The radio and people talking. He didn’t know why he hadn’t noticed before.

Taemin couldn’t hear what the voice was saying as black and red spots appeared in his eyes as he panicked further. He tried to fight it but he couldn’t. He was sort of grateful when sound faded out and he didn’t know anything anymore.

 

 

A/N Oh my goodness. Even I'm disturbed. Talk about a depressing chapter am I right? Should I have marked this an M? And yes, another rough story for Taemin. And as you can see, his characters waay different from the Lowdown! The rest of SHINee don't appear until about the 3/4/5 chapter, poooorr Taemin, and what a horrible story :( Please stick around to see what will happen next though...The first few chapters will be very depressing.. hopefully I can make you and Taemin smile as the story progresses!

 

And as always, please tell me what you think... :)