By and by I come

Crash

 

Taemin lay back on Key’s light blue bedspread, watching Key type on his laptop on his desk. He had come over because he had nothing else to do, and Key had told him to come over if he was bored.

“Hyung, what are you doing?” he asked.

“I’m trying to finish my essay on popular culture in Asia,” Key said absentmindedly. “I probably should not have left it to the last minute again.”

Taemin decided not to say anything and to let Key do his work in peace. He sighed and closed his eyes. It was really hot for what was supposed to be the fall, and his jeans were making him uncomfortable.

He munched on the bowl of chips that Key had set beside him.

Key sighed and flipped his laptop screen down. He couldn’t really concentrate when his boyfriend crush person was lying on his bed quietly eating chips. His mere presence was distracting him and just wanted to spend all his time with Taemin.

‘Taemin jagiya!” he said playfully, pulling him up and cuddling him. He ran his fingers through Taemin’s hair, smoothing it over the light scar that was still there and giving him a quick kiss on the lips. As if reading his mind, Taemin lifted up his hand to show to Key, which no longer had the bandage on it. Key traced the pink line carefully as Taemin nestled into Key.

“I got my chest bandages off too,” Taemin said.

“That’s really good,” said Key. “Does it feel better now?”

“Heaps,” said Taemin. “But it’s so hot today that I’m still really uncomfortable.”

Key suddenly remembered something.

“My grandma’s on holiday and she left us her keys, and she has a pool! This is the perfect time to go for a swim!’

Taemin squirmed in Key’s arms.

“What’s wrong? Can you not go swimming just yet? “ asked Key, concerned.

“Ani,” said Taemin. “it’s just.. I don’t know how to swim.”

 

Taemin watched Key pull off his shirt in the setting sun. It was early evening and they had made it to Key’s grandma’s house. Key turned around to Taemin with a knowing smile. Taemin looked away, embarrassed to be caught looking at a boy.

“Your turn,” said Key, walking to Taemin. Taemin had a pair of Key’s old swim trunks but he had thought they would keep their shirts on to go swimming.

“Don’t be shy,” giggled Key, grabbing the hem of Taemin’s shirt and gently but firmly trying to pull it off Taemin. What ensued was a childlike struggle where Taemin couldn’t work out whether to lift his arms and which way he should go and by the time Key managed to tug the shirt off Taemin he wondered how the boy undressed and dressed himself.

“You have a hot body,” Key said as Taemin looked scandalised and tried to cover himself with his hands.

“Let’s swim!” cried Key, running toward the pool and jumping in. Taemin watched, rooted to the spot. He was scared. He didn’t want to drown. He didn’t know how to swim. He had only gone to the swimming pool a handful of times in Korea in school sport carnivals, and that was back in elementary and junior high.

He watched Key resurface, his hair streamlined and his body wet. He swam to the edge and smiled encouragingly at Taemin.

“Come on, just put your legs in,” he said coaxingly.

Taemin hesitantly walked to the edge, sat down and dangled his legs into the water in front of Key.. It felt cool and refreshing.

“Jump down. Don’t worry, this bits shallow,” said Key.

Taemin eased into the water, clinging onto the edge. Key came closer and Taemin moved his hands onto Key’s shoulders until he felt his feet touch the bottom. It was colder than he thought.

“Hyung, it’s too cold,” he said, shivering and getting goosebumps.

“Dive under and then you won’t feel it,” said Key. “Come on. It’s fun!”

Taemin took a deep breath and forced himself to quickly submerge into the pool water. He felt the cold water go over his head before he popped back up again and Key was right- he was no longer cold.

“Let’s go to the deep end,” said Key.

They walked over until the water got to Taemin’s neck and he refused to go any further.

“It’s okay. Put your arms on my shoulders,” said Key, and Taemin complied. It was dark now, and he could only see the outline of Key’s face. It felt so intimate and private, and all he could hear was the swishing of the water, their breaths and the crickets.

Taemin felt Key’s arms go around his waist and he hugged Key to him as Key started to swim out further. Taemin’s feet left the bottom and he whimpered, clinging onto Key.

“It’s okay, I’ve got you, I won’t let you go,” whispered Key, and it just reinforced to Taemin that those words were meant for him alone, and this was just them two. He felt safe and protected and it felt good, even though he was a boy too and he was supposed to be the safe and protective one. Key’s body was burning warm against Taemin’s, which was a welcome feeling when they were surrounded by cold water.

Key bobbed them up and down and after a while Taemin stopped being scared and started to enjoy it, giggling when Key made swooping noises and would sweep them around the water.

And of course, being both teenagers and in close contact with each other, it ended up being another make out fest with their soft smacking kissing noises amplified in the quiet.

They got out when Key could feel Taemin start to shiver and get cold in the water. They both had pruny skin.

 They got out from Key’s car.

“Taemin!” He heard Taeyeon call from his house. “Come home.”

“I’m coming!” he called back. “See you at my room hyung?”

“Not tonight babe, I have an assignment due tomorrow which I haven’t finished.”

Taemin pouted and Key leaned in to give him a kiss as an apology. Taemin’s lips were soft and cold, and Key couldn’t help himself from kissing him deeper.

“Taemin, your favourite shows on! Do you want to miss it?” called Taeyeon again.

“I’m coming, I’m coming!” he replied. “Bye hyung.”

“Dream of me,” said Key, smiling and winking at Taemin and giving him a swift kiss before Taemin ran back to his house.

 

A/N It's nearly summer where I live! woohoo!

And for those of you who have read my first story, the lowdown, i guess this is the little tie to it for when taemin tries to drown himself- in here key is holding him up :) and can anyone guess where my title name is a quote from? and the movie where leonardo dicaprio and claire danes swim in a pool together??? :D :D

double update! :D

tell me what you think of both chapters! :)