Cold-Hearted Night

Minzy One Shots Collection (Featuring EXO)

Baekyun&Minzy

"Life is only a path full of efforts"- Baekhyun

It was one of those hard cold windy rainy days. Minzy waited outside of the restaurant that her so called boyfriend once again stood her up. This was a daily routine in their relationship. He would always make a promise but in the end he somehow breaks it. Now her she was soaked, lonely, and broken hearted.

 

She felt her phone vibrate underneath her palm. New text message from him, expecting what it’ll say, she opened the text and read:

 

Hey babe sorry I couldn’t make it tonight. I was too caught up at work.

 

This was the same text he would send to her every time he bailed out of something that considered their relationship. She turned off her phone and stuffed it inside her bag. What was the point of them being together? She would always make an effort always trying to look her best by applying piles of makeup on her face. She even made it a priority of making her appearance look pretty for him, for him to notice her, or at least get his attention for a spilt second.

 

But, what was the use anymore? Their relationship was over before it even started. She started to quiver, great thanks to him she was wearing a short mini dress wrapped tightly around her body. And now she was shivering in the cold. Wrapping her arms around herself, she took a couple of steps into the street, sticking her hand out and turning her head frequently from right to left to see whether there was any cabs available at this time . There was no luck.

 

She pulled her hand back clutching it onto her handbag. This was just fabulous, now she was going to die from the cold and it was all because of his doings. Minzy took a couple of steps away from the streets twirling her body around.

 

Maybe I should head back to the restaurant and see if they take in desperate lonely girls in? She thought. Suddenly she heard a car beep. Hoping just maybe it was him, but who was she kidding he would never come for her. She was seen as last priority to him. She turned her head over to get a sneak peek at who it was. The car itself looked familiar; it pulled up to the curve beside her. The windows of the car pulled down revealing the true identity of the person.

 

Minzy let out a small gasped, surprised at what she was seeing. Great, it was one of her co-workers, worst of all she looked like a mess, not like herself at all.

 

“I knew you looked familiar from afar, Minzy” He said to her. He leaned in more towards the passenger seat opening the door as if gesturing for her to come inside. “It’s cold out, I’ll take you home”.

 

Minzy struggled to grin; she felt the tingle in her nose and the water forming inside her eyes. She couldn’t cry in front of him. She slowly released a small smiled for him. Once she was inside his car, it felt warm and welcoming unlike her boyfriend’s car, which always smelt like cigarettes and felt unwanted. She bowed her head at him covering her swollen eyes with her hair, “Thank you Baekhyun”.

 

Baekhyun returned Minzy smile, “Let me guess your boyfriend, again?” he asked her bluntly, turning off his car engines.

 

Minzy was taken aback, instantly lifted her head up brushing off the hair that blocked her view of her sight; how he could he possibly know that she and her boyfriend were having problems in their relationship?

 

Baekhyun stole a quick glance at Minzy seeing that her face was full of confusion and then focused his attention back to the hollow gloomy street ahead of him. He knew Minzy need someone to talk to especially judging for her appearance right now. “I heard rumors in the office that you and your boyfriend were having problems for a long time”. He took in a breath and then loosened his seatbelt and shifted in his seat so he could face Minzy and look deeply into her engorged eyes. “I know it’s none of my business, but I don’t I just worry about you sometimes. You look stressed out”.

 

She must have been crying in the rain for a long time, he thought. Knowing this it struck a chord inside of him. For as long he could remember he always had a sense of feelings for Minzy ever since he met her at work 2 years ago. He’s always felt the need to take care of her and make sure she was okay. At first he thought it was a brotherly feeling of overprotection, but proved himself wrong, after she got herself a boyfriend. He became jealous of her boyfriend, to the point where he really wanted to break off their relationship, but thought otherwise.

 

Minzy sniffed her nose, and wiped the tears that were now falling off her eyes. Great now everyone in the office already knew about her and her boyfriend’s corrupted relationship. She felt Baekhyun hands rotate in circles on her back. It was smoothing and gentle just what she needs. She looked up at him to see that his eyes were now filled with concern. Minzy seized the last long sniff, and presented a huge smile for him, she needed someone to talk to, someone to understand her, and someone to see her point of view.

 

“I just want to end the relationship as of right now; this whole year with him has been a roller coaster ride for me. His always making me cry, making feel guilty, and worst of all making feel like I’m an insignificant person to him.” She looked up at Baekhyun who was intensively listening to her with an expression on his face that read continue on. Minzy felt a little better that someone was at least giving her attention. She looked down at her laps wrapping her hand together. “I just feel like trash. I try…”

Minzy choked up the tears that were now dripping out of her eyes like a waterfall. felt dry and sore from all the whimpering she’s done at the restaurant waiting for her boyfriend.

 

Baekhyun continuous massaged her back in circles as if healing her from her pain.

 

Minzy choked out the last words that formed on her lip, allowing the tears to drip down her eyes. “I-I try my best to reach his standards but nothing good enough for him.”

 

Baekhyun stopped smoothing Minzy’s back; he moved his hand and placed them onto Minzy face, wiping the tears that were falling down her cheeks. Her skin against his made him crave for her more. He dropped his hands away from her face and took off his jacket wrapping it around her gently. He placed his hands back on her cheeks, rotating his thumbs around it. His breath caught on his throat just ogling at her. Even though if she was soaked, even though if her eyeliner was smeared, and even though if her hair was frizzy. He still found her strikingly beautiful. He gazed deeply into her eyes as if saying that he’ll make her feel better. “Minzy-ah”.

 

Minzy was startled by Baekhyun suddenly movements. She felt her face get hot under his touch. And they way her name was produced under his breath made her tremble; she felt her heart become uneasy. She stared back at him, blushing shyly. “Mm?”

 

Baekhyun cursed under his breath earning an eyebrow raised from Minzy. He really was going crazy because of her. His hormones were kicking in just by staring at her. “I-I…um”. Unable to form words, he absent mindlessly continued to staring into her eyes.

 

Minzy felt uncomfortable, why was Baekhyun staring at her like that. She didn’t understand, she really wasn’t anything stare at, she looked like as if a hurricane had just ate her up and then spit her back out. Everything about her screamed unattractive. “Yes?”

 

Baekhyun blinked his eyes a couple of times, he need to confess to her, but how? He couldn’t directly tell her how he felt because that would definitely make the atmosphere awkward, and she’ll probably reject him right there and then.

 

He only had one choice. Baekhyun lean in closer to Minzy, smashing his lips against her. At first she didn’t respond back, which he except, but after the first few seconds she wrapped her hands around his neck pulling him closer and closer to her. Her lips against his were soft and warm. The feeling prickled him inside. He stuffed his tongue inside causing her to moan as their tongue dominated each other.

 

After who knows how long, Minzy pulled away from Baekhyun breathing heavily. What has just gotten into her? Was this considered cheating on her jerk of a boyfriend? A sign of regret splashed on Minzy. She stared at Baekhyun who seemed to look like a lost puppy. She wasn’t going to lie, kissing him made her feel good. It was the first time that she kissed a guy and was tempted to give him more than just a kiss. Her boyfriend never made her feel that way.

 

Baekhyun awkwardly scratched the back of his hair, smiling clumsily at Minzy; He knew deep down that she enjoyed the kiss as much as he did. “I’m sorry; I didn’t mean to…ah make you feel uncomfortable”.

 

Minzy shook her head in response, “No, it’s not your fault”. She took hold of Baekhyun’s hands. “I don’t know, you made me feel a lot better than before, as weird as that sounds?”

 

Baekhyun took embrace of Minzy hands, his eyes wondered the cold empty night outside of the car, “Minzy, I have a confession to make, I-I always liked you, not the like the brotherly type, but something more”.

 

He looked back at Minzy to see her eyes were closed. He lightly poked her checks. She opened her eyes slowly and turned her gaze at Baekyun. He sighed deeply, “I like you too.”

 

Baekhyun felt calmed for the first time in two years, but, did she really mean what she said? She does have a boyfriend? “Minzy, what about your boyfriend?”

 

Minzy smirked at Baekhyun; it was nice of him to think about her jerk of a boyfriend at a time like this. This meant that he was trustworthy and caring about her feelings before his. Something washed over her, maybe she need a new start without her boyfriend. “Boyfriend?, That relationship is over. I’ll text him right now.”

 

Minzy took out her phone ready to text until Baekhyun took her phone out of her hands. She looked at him confused.

 

“It’s better if you say this to him face to face. You know get your true feelings across. Even if it hurts, stating the truth and letting yourself free from him will make you happy in the end”. Baekhyun slipped his hands into Minzy tighten his grip. “E-even if he tells you he’ll change and you accept that, just know, I’ll still wait for you. If he hurts you again just know I’ll beat him up for you, If you end up crying in a lonely night just know my hugs are free and opened to you, and if you in the end breaking off your relationship with him just know that I’ll still be here, waiting for you patiently.”

 

Baekhyun smiled more at himself than at Minzy. He was proud that he actually had the guts to tell her this, even though it’ll cause him pain in the end if Minzy went back to her boyfriend.

 

Silence grew in the car; all that was heard was the rain splashing onto the segmented ground outside, and the wind heavily blowing in the air.

 

Baekhyun let go of Minzy hands, and started up the car’s engine, “I’ll take you home”.

 

“Baekyun” Minzy said earning Baekyun to turn his gaze at her. “Thank you”.

 

Baekyun nodded his head, understanding that this was the truth; he just had to bear with it. Him and Minzy ever being together was out of the deal. He just knew it was near to impossible. But something in his head, inside his gut was telling him not to give up. That was his motivation, even if Minzy picks her boyfriend over him, he’ll still wait for her no matter what. That was his choice, and he wasn’t going to change it no matter how much pain he’ll encounter.

----

A/N : This one shot is really sad story to  me because it's actually based of a true story about my love life...I know freaky right? That I'm writing about my problems, but anyways yes I had a boyfriend once who treated me with no respect, he could care less if I was with him or not, one night it was cold and rainy and he stood me up, I happen to bump into a close friend of mines that I've been liking for a long time. I honestly admit I was suprised by his confession, In the end I went back to my boyfriend ( I know, stupid of me!) After a week or so I couldn't handle the realationship anymore so I broke it off with him. For the other guy?? I just leave it at that!

Anyways enough about my love life. Thank you guys for subscribing& reading, I truly appericate it:) I'll update as soon as possible!