Trustee Lawyer

Minzy One Shots Collection (Featuring EXO)

Minzy&Suho


“I’m of the style to work hard, even for small things”-Suho

“Suho-ssi , there’s a call for you in the line”, a lady  spoke through his door. She opened his door, and walked inside his office.

 

Suho finished reading his last stack of papers before welcoming in his assistant closer towards his desk. “Who’s the client Sulli?”
 

Sulli stood in front of her boss and handed him her hand phone. Suho looked up at Sulli confused. She had an odd expression on her face. “Mr.Suho, she keeps calling us claiming that you didn’t settle her divorce papers right. I have no idea how she succeed in getting my phone number, but I’m officially frighten by her.”
 

Suho arched one of his eyebrows, eh who would stoop down to the leave of bothering one of his workers. He silently apologized to Sulli, making her smile when he offered to buy her a new hand phone with a different phone number.
 

Sulli bowed thanking her boss and exited out of his office leaving him alone with her now old hand phone.
 

Once the coast was clear, and Suho heard the click sound indicating that Sulli was far, far away from his office, he took the hand phone and placed it near his right ear. “Look, Miss. Gong, I thought we already settled this a month ago. Your divorce papers are final; I can’t do anything about it.”
 

He could her silent cursing through the phone, “Look you prick, how dare you! You didn’t dispute what I get from him easily! You , I could have gotten a different lawyer if I didn’t know you were best friends with my ex-husband, how could you do that to me, especially as your client."
 

Suho let out a low chuckle, “Listen Miss. Gong, It’s not my problem, that you trust people so easily. Now if I were you, I would be careful who you mess with, don’t come after my employee, that’s just playing dirty. I did what was right in my mind, Kris always argued that you were nothing but a hunger gold digging hooker. All you and your family ever wanted was money from him, and he was sick and tired of it. You caused my friend to suffer, and I did what was right for my friend.”
 

The phone line was dead silence. That’s odd, knowing Minzy for the months he worked for her she’s always had the last word.
 

“Hello?”
 

Nothing.
 

“Hello, Miss. Gong?” Suho replied again.
 

Silence.
 

“Hello, Mis-"
 

A sound of the door slamming startled Suho, He placed the phone down, staring straight at a fluming Minzy. Sulli came rushing back, placing her hand on Minzy arms, and trying to pull her away from Suho office as fast as she could.
 

“I’m so sorry, Mr. Suho, she rushed in before I could stop her—"
 

Minzy pushed Sulli off her, landing Sulli on the floor baffled. Minzy stooped her way into Suho’s office glaring at him. She shut and locked the door behind her, leaving him and her alone in the office.
 

Suho felt uneasy for the first time, He could feel the atmosphere around him change to calm to dangerous in a split second. Suho got off his chair, averting his eyes from Minzy. He gestured his hands towards the open seat across from him. “Why don’t you take a seat, Miss. Gong?”
 

“Eh, don’t tell me what to do!” Minzy snarled, but obeyed Suho and took a seat.
 

Suho silently laughed at her antics, for a feisty woman she composed, she sure had a cute side to her.
 

“Why?”
 

Suho looked up at Minzy and repeated her words, “Why?”

“Yes, why?, Why am I an easy target to control?” She asked. She could feel the water threating to fall down her eyes.
 

Suho confused, leaned back on his chair, “Collaborated with me.”
 

Minzy snorted, “First it’s my mom, then Kris, and now you. Growing up all my mother cared about was who I dated, she never allowed me to go out with a guy I wanted to, it was always her decision. She would only say that if I date a wealthy man I would get and feel true happiness. But, as a child, I didn’t care. I wanted to have that experience that all my friends had. I wanted to fall in love. But you see my mother didn’t allow that. She made me date these rich folks, who would always talk down on me. Just because I wasn’t the same status as them they called me a gold digger.”
 

Suho listened carefully at Minzy words. He now felt kind of guilty for calling her a gold digger, but he didn’t regret it, he heard plenty of stories from Kris about her.
 

“I hate it. I hate my mother for it. Once I got older, my mother was friends with Kris aunt. My mother introduced me to Kris aunt and so his aunt introduced me to his mother. After that I meant Kris. My first impression of him was horrid. I hate his cocky attitude. He was rude and always threw rude remarks about me. All he did was make fun of me and telling me that the only reason he was considering on dating me was to make his mom happy. I believe at that time we were in the same boat, both of our mothers controlling our lives. We got married, and I regretted it the day of. I made the biggest mistake in my whole life. He brutally abused me mentally, physically, and spiritually indoors. Outdoors was another story. He claimed to be the innocent one, where I was seen as the evil money hunger wife. Three year of torture and I couldn’t get out of it, until now.  I lost my friends over him, now I lost my family. I have nothing. All I was asking for was freedom, and what I deserved.”
 

Minzy fidgeted in her seat, looking over at Suho, meeting his eyes.
 

“I don’t believe you,” Suho said coldly.
 

Minzy shrugged her shoulders not amused, “Of course you won’t, you’re just like them.” Even though she knew what she had just confessed to Suho was true, she knew better that he wouldn’t believe her. He was just another wealthy fool, like Kris.
 

Suho got off his chair and made his way over to the huge glass window in his office looking through the city of Seoul. She was so wrong, she knew nothing about him. If she did, she would know that he worked for years after years just to get his position, if she did, she would know that he starved, studied long cold hours, and suffered from panic attack just to get his title, if she did, she would know that he had to work for every single penny that was handed to him, and she did, she would definitely know that he was completely different than Kris.  “Just like them?” he whispered in his breath.
 

Minzy clearing hearing this replied back, “Yes, just like every wealthy man out in this world. They’re all the same, their only wealthy because their getting money from their father and mother pockets.”
 

Suho let out a high pitch laugh. This girl knew nothing, just because one guy screwed her over, she believed every guy were the same. “That’s not true, at all.”
 

Minzy sighed frustrated; she had no time to argue with someone who deceived her, “Look, I don’t have time for this, unlike you I have to go and work for my money. I just wanted to tell you that I’m hiring a new lawyer and I’m done with you.”
 

Suho turned his attention towards Minzy surprised, “You’re hiring a new lawyer? Why?”
 

“What do you mean why?” You know exactly why! I can’t trust you!” Minzy yelled out. She would think that this fool had common sense, but apparently his title did no good for him.
 

Suho applauded his hands together letting out a roar of laughter; he walked back to his desk and took a seat. “Okay, Minzy go on, hire a new lawyer. I’m glad that you came her for permission, it was nice of you to do that”.
 

“P-permission?” Minzy choked out. This man was stupid to think that he could own her like that. Minzy let it go. This was going to be the last time she was ever going to see him. She got off her chair and headed towards the door, before opening it she turned around meeting her eyes with Suho. “Goodbye Mr. Suho”.
 

Before she left she hear a small whisper coming from his mouth, “Next, time do a profile check on your lawyers.” She smiled to herself. Oh she was definitely going to do a profile check; she wouldn’t allow herself to fall in this tunnel again.
 

---
 

After Minzy left, Suho took out his cellphone and made a quick call.
 

“Hello, Kris. Yeah I need to ask you a couple of questions about the divorce papers”.
 

Suho heard mumbles through the phone line until he heard Kris voice. “Sorry I was talking to my mother, but what seems to be the problem.”
 

Suho took in a deep breath in and out. He prepared himself for the next question. “Did you perhaps ever abuse Minzy?”
 

He could hear silence through the phone line. “Look Kris, I need you to be honest with me.”
 

There was still silence. Finally, he heard Kris cursed under his breath. “What did she tell you?”
 

“I can’t answer that, it confidential.” Suho quickly replied back.
 

“Why does it matter, you’re my best man. I thought the divorce paper where settled. She is not receiving anything of mines.” Kris answered back. Suho could hear the irritation in his friend’s tone, but he didn’t care anymore. He knew that business was business and personal was personal. He couldn’t allow himself to get those two mixed up.
 

“Look, Kris it does matter, this changes everything.” Suho replied back, a little hesitantly.
 

“WHAT DO YOU MEAN IT CHANGES EVERYTHING!!”
 

Suho pushed his phone away from his hear. Now Kris was anger. Suho pulled the phone closer to his hear after a few seconds of silence he answered back calmly, “Just answer my question Kris. Did you or Did you not hit her? Or even threaten her well-being?”
 

There was silence through the phone once again. Until Suho heard a heavy sigh from Kris’s voice. “No-I mean yes, but she deserved it. Look Suho, let’s just keep this between the two of us. Okay?”
 

“No, it’s not okay Kris”. Suho hissed under his breath. He was furious that Kris lied to him the who entire time, he believed in Kris and thought that Minzy truly was a lying gold digger, but now he knew the truth. Now he knew that he couldn’t trust a word his friend says, now he knew that he was wrong, and Minzy was right all along.
 

“What do you mean it’s not okay?” Kris answered back slowly; Suho could hear the confusion in Kris’s voice.
 

“You lied to me, you know more than anyone that my job means everything and anything to me. Unlike you I worked hard hours, did the smallest things just to earn the title, and you have the right to lie to me?” Suho said aggravated. He stood up from his chair and began walking around his office in small circles.
 

“Well, isn’t a lawyer supposed to lie anyways, it no big deal” Kris responded back tranquilly.
 

This exact comment strike a core inside Suho, he was through Kris stupidly. Minzy was right; Kris was nothing but a wealthy man that feeds off his parents. And here he was thinking that Kris was his best friend. Boy was he wrong.
 

“No, I’m the type of lawyer that doesn’t lie. We’re done Kris. I’m going to rearrange the divorce papers.” With that Suho hanged up his cellphone. He walked back to his desk, and took hold of Sulli hand phone. Suho sigh, I guess I have to admit my faults. He redialed the previous number and waited for her to answer.
 

“Hello?”
 

“Hi, Miss. Gong, meet me at Lydia’s CoffeBeans.” Suho hanged up the phone, before Minzy could utter a word.
 

---
 

Suho sat patiently by the window, sightseeing ever passenger that walked by. He took a small sip of his coffee, allowing the stream of the coffee fill up his nostrils. He heard creek coming from the chair. He pulled his attention to the girl in front of him.
 

Minzy took a seat down, confused at why she was here to meet him in the first place. She promised herself that she wasn’t going to see him again, but her she was in front of him, and she didn’t know why she was here. “Okay, what is it that you want?”
 

Suho scrutinized her, her appearance looked different. Maybe it was the fact that he never fully paid attention to her, but something about her looked different. She was breathtaking. For the first time in years, his voice got stuck in his throat. Instead of answering her question he averted his gaze and started staring at anyone or anything, but her. Suho cleared his throat and pushed the long yellow envelope across the table towards her.
 

“Mm?, What’s this?” Minzy opened the envelope. Divorce File? Her eyes widen, as a small gasp escaped from her lips.
 

“Wait, you redid them?” She asked. She flipped through the papers surprised at what she was seeing. “Does he know?, Is this the amount of money that I’m receiving?” She asked. She looked up at Suho, only to see him looking at her strangely. “What is there something on my face?”
 

Minzy dropped the paper, and started wiping her face with the napkins that were placed on the small wooden table they were seated in.
 

She looked back at Suho, only to see him observing her with a smirk placed on his lips.
 

“No there’s nothing on your face. And to answer your question, I did it because I believed you, you were right and I was wrong.” Suho felt more relaxed and calm then before.
 

Minzy blushed, “Really?” How about Kris, isn’t he your best friend?”
 

Suho shrugged his shoulders, “Not anymore, he lied, and once you lie your through with me.”
 

Minzy bowed her head, “Thank you Suho-ssi”.
 

Suho smiled wider. She was cute, and he wanted more than a thank you from her at that moment. He blushed at his own thoughts and replied shyly, “Well, you could make it up to me”.
 

Minzy stared at Suho arching an eyebrow, “Um…okay, what can I do?”
 

Suho let out a laugh, “Well for starters you can accompany me to some lunch tomorrow?”
 

Minzy frozen in her seat, Was this some kind of date? “A-are you asking me on a date?”
 

Suho became nervous, “I never said it was a date. But after lunch, we could have dinner and meet up constantly.”
 

Minzy laughed for the first time in weeks, she found Suho amusing, “Okay, if I’m not mistaking I’m sure you’re asking me on a date.”
 

Suho nervously fidgeted in his seat, “No, I did not” He denied.
 

“Sure, you didn’t” Minzy replied sarcastically, smiling from ear to ear as she watched the color of Suho skin turn bright red.
 

“No, I didn’t” Suho repeated shaking his head.
 

“Aw, come on Suho, just admit it!” Minzy said, playful winking at Suho.
 

Suho could feel the sweat beaming down his neck, “No, it was a suggestion for us to meet up, that’s all, nothing all but a meet up.”
 

Minzy rolled her eyes, “Yeah, a meet up about what? You’re done with my divorce paper already, so what is this meet up about?”
 

Suho stared at Minzy, she was right, and he hated it. He went silent, he had nothing to say, what could he say, he didn’t want to admit the truth especially for her.
 

Minzy took the silent as his answer, “So, I was right, you’re asking me on a date? Minzy said wiggling her eyebrows.
 

Suho was fully aware that she was teasing him, he had no choose but to admit that she was right, He let out a heavy sigh. “Fine, Yes, I found a liking in you, and yes I’m asking you on a date, is that so wrong?”
 

Minzy surprised that Suho finally admitted the truth, smiled brightly. “No, it’s not wrong, it’s cute”.
---

 

A/n: Here a Suho&Minzy one-shot, is this pairing name Minho? (Laughing in a corner)

I know this one wasn't really a romanctic feel, but it was cute, right?

Anyways, 2 more to go!
Thank you guys for reading, subscribing, and commenting, You guys like always are the best ^^