To Coexist

Stuck With You

I won't deny that was I wasn't happy at Tao's rather dramatic rescue. But the end result of it was enough drama to turn my hair grey. If you are thinking how romantic it was be to have the two most popular groups at college having a clash over you, think again. It was the most painful and annoying event that could possibly happen. Why, you may ask? Because a nobody like myself is not welcome in such a world. And eventually, when word got out that it was over me, people blatantly whispered how despicable I was to turn the two godly rappers on each other.

Energy level. Zero.

Bags under my eyes. Plenty.

Drama. On the rise.

I'm screwed.

"That's her. The one that caused everything." The sentence I'm going to be hearing for a long long time. I feel like an immortal ant. Hallelujah.

"Sora!" A warm hand wrapped itself around my shoulder as the owner's spiky head nuzzled against mine. "Awfully cheerful for a troublemaker, aren't we?" I grumpily pulled away, avoiding any eye contact with Tao.

He sighed, scratching his head in a cute way (MUST. AVOID. EYE CONTACT). "Are you mad at me, Sora?"

"Oh no, not at all." I'm sure he caught onto my dripping sarcasm.

He grabbed hold of my arm, pulling me to face him. Whoops. Someone was angry. "Look! Do you think I'd just sit around while you slave your away?! Well, sorry. I won't let my girl be treated like that. Even if you're okay with it."

My face heated up as I resisted an urge to hug his face forever. I reached up, placing a hand on his head and ruffled his hair (thoroughly messing up his styled hair). "Yah, noona can take care of herself. And it's not like I was forced into anything that I don't like."

He glared at me. "Babo. Why do you have to be such a pushover? And mess my hair?"

I giggled, pinching his cheek lightly. "It's just a favour I owe Chan, that's it."

He made a face, grumbling. "I don't care about that."

"Yah, Tao. Taaaao."

"What?"

"Cancel that showdown, will you?"

His face went poker straight as he backed away from my touch. "No."

"Why not?!"

His face broke out into a wide grin. "To be honest, it was something that was bound to happen sooner or later." My jaw dropped open as I anticipated his next words. "You were just an excuse to bring it up."

I facepalmed myself. Thanks for ruining my life, you damn populars.

I hate men.

-----

"Yes. You are officially screwed." Ruri calmly ate her spiced bun as I tried to kill myself with the edge of the table. "Ruri-ahhhhh. Help me out a bit here!"

"What can I do, Sora-ssi. Things that you see in drama are just happening to you." She leaned in excitedly. "Yah, so tell me again about the fight. Did the get into a fist fight about who gets you."

I reached over the table and flicked her forehead. "Ow!"

"Babo. I told you, it isn't about me. It's like no two bands can coexist at this college."

She glared at me, rubbing her forehead. "And you were in the middle of it. Ehhhh...lucky!"

Trust me Ruri, if I could exchange that spot with you, I would gladly do so.

I returned to rolling my head on the table as ruri let out a squeak. Could only mean one thing.

"Sora-ssi, are you alright?" Lay's timid voice called out to me from my right. I could literally feel Ruri's excitement. I looked up only to find the entire lot of Tao's group making themselves comfortable at our table while the girls around threw visual daggers at me.

"Ah, Yixing, I'm fine. Just...tired."

"Don't worry, Sora-ssi, we will win for sure!"

That's not the problem here, you adorable thing.

I gave a weak smile as Wufan sat himself to my left. "You don't want this, do you?"

I raised a brow at him. "Not exactly no."

He grinned slightly. "If you were to pick a side, who would you support?"

"Eh?"

He leaned onto his elbow, giving me that piercing look.

"I-uh...well.."

He chuckled slightly, putting out a hand and ruffling my hair. "I guess an old friend is as important as your boyfriend."

Friend. Chan's a friend? I wonder.

-----

Since I didn't want to face Tao, I decided the best way to stop this whole uproar was to confront Chanyeol. Much as I hated him, he was a friend. Kris' words kept ringing in my head. Perhaps he's right after all, why else woud I put up with someone like him for so many years? And to think of it, he had always threatened to tell the world about my confession, but he never did. Well that's probably because after the first time, he got a good beating from me. He's just scared, yeah.

I pushed open the practice room door, stepping in to face an empty room. I sighed, turning to leave as I came face to face (well, face to chest) with The Band's leader.

"Looking for someone?" Junmyun flashed me his perfect teeth. So cute. I mentally slapped myself as I took a step backwards. "Ah..just looking for Chanyeol. I shall look elsewhere." As I tried to slip out of the room, he shifted to stand in my way, blocking the door. What's with this guy?

"Sora-ssi, are you really not going to manage our team anymore?" His disappointed face just made me want to hug him. Choking back the strong desire, I smiled slightly. "Just for a while, oppa." Oppa. . Junmyun's eyebrows shot up and a smile formed on his face which made my face turn a bright red. I really felt like kicking myself.

Before I met Tao, I had mentally pictured myself calling Junmyun oppa. And here I was, actually talking to him and calling him that. I'm such an idiot. He chuckled, reaching out to pat my head. "That's the most honest oppa I've heard."

I felt like a schoolgirl facing her crush as I turned red again. What's with me? It's only Tao who can make my heart sing. I straightened up, smiled weakly at him. "W-Well, if you see Chan, please tell him I'm looking for him." With that, I turned to leave.

Suho's voice cut through the sudden silence. "All this won't happen if the two groups get along." He made it sound like he was talking to himself. But I understood.

To coexist is the key.

-----

Chanyeol sure did know the perfect way to disappear. I looked for him after every period.

Class. No.

Roof. No.

Cafeteria. No.

Playfield. No.

Ah, forget it. I kicked at a stone in irritation, just about to give up as I spotted that frizzy mane of his in one of the corridors. I sighed in relief as I bounded after him. "Oi, Chanyeol! Park Chanyeol."

If he heard me, he pretended like he didn't as his steps became faster and his long legs covered a faster range than mine. What the heck is wrong with you? Half running, I managed to spot him making his way into the practice room and I dodged people on my way, bursting in after him.

"Yah, have you been avoiding me all d-"

I was pinned to the wall, not too gently which made me wince at the sudden shock. "Ow."

"You..have caused a lot of trouble, Sora."

Not good. Being called Sora, in that tone by the happy virus who did not seem very happy at all. Neither was I. I as the one being dragged into this useless guy fight. I shovedd him off, glaring at him as I rubbed the back of my head. "Don't make me talk, what you hear won't be good."

His voice dropped two notches, eyes glimmering rather scarily. "And what would that be?"

I fixed my stare on him. "You. Do you like me?"

"Huh?"

"Is this some sort of apology to exposing my confession in public in middle school?" Ignoring his action of wanting to speak, I continued. "If that is so, you better give up on me. I've only got eyes for Tao."

I stopped to catch my breath and after a few minutes of silence, he started laughing. His deep voice echoed through the empty room. Well atleast he didn't seem mad anymore. "Alright, mind sharing what's so funny?" He seemed greatly amused even after 10 minutes of laughing which was starting to piss me off.

"You really think this is about you?"

"Huh?"

"And...here I was thinking you had a hold over me." He burst out into further chuckles, clutching onto his stomach.

"Wait. What am I missing here?" I help up a hand in despair.

"Lee Sora, I wouldn't look at you even if you wanted me to."

Crash. The sound of my dignity breaking as I blushed angrily. "Uh..y-you have a girlfriend?"

He grinned, coughing slightly as his look went sheepish which heightened my curiosity even further. "Who is it?"

He ignored me, walking away from me and towards his guitar. "Yaaah! Tell me. For old times sake."

He frowned slightly, scratching the back of his head. "No, you'd make fun of me."

"I would never do something like that!" I was lying through my teeth. Anything to hear this well guarded secret of Chanyeol.

I mean, I hardly ever saw him with any girls. Not for more than a few minutes anyway. He seemed to spend most of his time at the practice room or at the roof. Unless....

I think I knew it.

It felt like deja vu, asking this question again. "Are you gay?!"

-----

 

A/N:

Is the story getting draggy? Feel free to say, if so. If so, then I think we're reaching an ending to this story.

You shall see a lot more of Tao in the next chapter. I promise.And really guys, Exo-K ain't the bad guys here xD

I fail at my lack of giving them a band name, but you know what? I can never address them as anything other than Exo. YOLO.