To Ponder

Stuck With You

Frankly, despite two weeks of dating Tao, I barely knew him. Sure, I know he's undeniably, irresistibly hot (I'm sure everyone knows that). And that he was in a band of some kind with the five of his equally gorgeous roommates, but they had not made their debut in a big way yet. And Tao and me, well we didn't talk much. Much as I would love to, we didn't. Since it was the first time we both were in a relationship, we were a rather hopeless couple. So we were told.

Two kisses, that lasted barely five minutes (each time, thankfully) and gaming dates - Yes, that's our romantic life, as of now.

Everyday he waited for me outside my college to pick me up. And by now, all my friends had grudgingly accepted the existence of my insanely hot boyfriend. "She got lucky." That's what they all said. I think so too. And unfortunately, my existence was known to the whole college now. I was suddenly a somebody, no longer a nobody. Random people knew my name. I was popular...because of Tao.

I had so many questions to ask him. Where did you go to high school (did you even graduate)? When did you come here from China? Who was your first love? What do you do during the day?

But at the sight of his happy face, all these questions just fly out my mind as he always welcome me with his big hugs. I just loved melting in his arms.

-----

 

I was pretty zoned out and tired. Tired of answering the million questions about who Tao was and what how did I manage to hook someone like him. I hated being the hot topic of the school. Even the teachers seemed nicer. Creepy.

All this attention was alien to me and creeping me out. I somehow managed to shake off this group of girls, who seemed hell bent on being introduced to Tao. How more obvious could it get? I literally ran from them, to the one peaceful place in the entire campus. The rooftop. I threw my bag down and kicked at the walls, venting out all the built up frustrations and muttering random curses at whomsoever's name came to my mind (censored for the readers, just so that your ears don't bleed).

I guess I was too angry to notice an extremely amused person witnessing all the ridiculousness. His sudden laugh made me come to my senses (after I tripped over a pipe in shock). I sat up, brushing my messy hair away from my face to focus on my surroundings and the intruder.

"You seem real frustrated, Rara."

"Eh?" I finally glanced at the tall male whom I recognized. Only one person called me by that stupid nickname. "Ah, Chanyeol." I relaxed, focusing on jumping to my feet and dusting my clothes. My little temper tantrum was nothing compared to what this guy does. He had a ridiculously deep voice for someone who is nineteen. Well that and the fact that he was insanely talented at rapping had all the girls going gaga over him. And it also remained that he was my childhood friend, my first love and the guy who laughed at my confession, scarring me for life.

"Don't call me Rara, it's lame."

"Ehhh, why not? It's cute!"

"By all means, you should be calling me noona."

"What's with the sudden need for respect?"

"I'm older than you, brat. So a little respect here is much appreciated."

"Barely. But perhaps I'll just stick to ahjumma."

Why is it that he seemed so similar to Tao, all of a sudden? Kids these days.

"Is it true that you're dating that Tao?"

"Eh?"

"Where did you meet him? How long do you know him?"

I raised my brows slightly, finally looking at his blank expression. "Awfully chatty, aren't we? Why the sudden interest in my love life?"

He simply shrugged, jumping off the bench he sat on and made his way over. "Just out of curiosity."

"You don't need to know."

"Of all the people you choose to date.. You've really got a bad taste in men." He reached out, flicking my forehead.

"Ouch! What the heck..?!" Before I could react, he left.

I seriously hate this guy.

-----

 

A little background on I detest this mop headed alien.

Memory of a five year old me - Getting sand kicked in my eyes by Chanyeol.

Memory of a ten year old me - Getting wedgies from Chanyeol.

Memory of a fifteen year old me - Getting my confession letter read out in front of my entire class by Chanyeol.

Memory of an eighteen year old me - Helping the alien carry home his valentine chocolates.

This is why I hate Park Chanyeol now, five times more than I used to. 

-----

 

You might think I'm crazy. But humans are complex. Including myself. What is a nobody like me doing with an insanely beautiful creature like Tao?

I wonder. I really do.

Yo. YO! YO SORA!

I managed to snap out of my thoughts, only to find the alien's face a few millimeters away from mine. "Woah!" I fell back, almost falling off my chair, my heart pounding away as if I ran a marathon. "WHAT THE...?! Why the hell are you here?!" I glared at him, trying to regain my composure. He was the last person I wanted to see right now. He gave me an odd look as he sat backwards in the chair in front of me, conveniently ignoring the presence of people around. "Why can't I be here?"

"Because you can't just skip into a senior class. Now go away."

"But I came to talk to you."

"All this sudden love is suspicious."

He grinned wide. "You know me so well."

I maintained my irritation behind a poker face. "What do you want? If it's homework, I ain't doing it for you."

"Nah, that's not what I'm here for, this time."

I suppressed a strong urge to punch him. "Can this wait? I have a class now."

"No."

"God, you're annoying."

"I take pride in it."

"BRAT."

"Be my manager."

I'm quite sure I heard a few gasps from those who were overhearing this conversation. (thankfully it was 'by my manager' and not 'be my girlfriend'. Pretty sure I'd be killed alive, if so.)

"Eh? Manager? What manager?"

"Of my band, of course. Our previous manager fell in love with Jongin, so we had to chuck that person out."

"...Your previous manager was a guy, if I'm not wrong."

"Yeah, so?"

"....... Still don't wanna."

"What the heck?! Why not?"

"Because I don't want to." I gave a shrug, which I'm sure pissed him off (SCORE!).

"Yah! Do you know how many people want to be our manager? And you don't want to?"

"No."

"WHY?!"

"Because I hate you."

"You confessed to me because you hate me?"

"SH-SHUT UP. I was fifteen and stupid!"

He grinned again. This guy knew my weak spots.

"Ugh, why me?"

"Because you hate me."

I raised a brow at him. "Huh?"

"Because we want a manager who'll actually not fall in love with any of us. Plus, you've got a guy. It's perfect."

I knew his band. I'm sure I'd have a heart attack everyday. Being surrounded by five more perfect aliens (aliens because they're too perfect and bright in my eyes). I opened my mouth to retort to that when the shrill bell for the next class went off. He jumped to his feet, striding away. "You can think over when you want to join. But I won't take no as an answer."

I felt stupid.

I hate him.

-----

 

Mianhae for the super late update. School keeps me busy that I can't use my brain at all. -drained.

BUTTTT, I know there's no Tao in this chapter, I thought I should bring in new characters.

I think I've got a thing for rappers. Bless my soul.

But do comment on what you think.