First Move [pt. 2]

Hello Daddy!

Onew saw the deep thought of Jessica's vacant eyes. He could understand if she was really down about the subject. But he needed to know what really happened. He wanted Jessica to be happy and he didn't want her that way if she had the feeling of hurt inside.

"Jessica, I know this really hurts you, but I need to know. It's been bothering me for years. And I want to give you the best I can."

Jessica nodded and used the cloth to wipe her eyes. "It's fine, Onew. I just don't like talking about it." She put her hands on the table and stared at them.

Onew reached across the candlelit dinner for her hand and held it to the side of their table. "I'm here for you, Jessica. I never want to leave your side. You know that. But, I must know what really happened to know how I can make you feel better."

Jessica bit her lip at the sight of him holding her hand. She then sighed heavily. "Arasso. I'll tell you."

She took another deep breath before revealing her story.

"Of course, this was during college. Senior year to be exact. I was still a girl with no hard feelings."

Onew chuckled at her words.

"Donghae and I were still together after a few years. I remember that you were there for me through my rougher times with him. But Donghae really did care for me. I thought I had found my match.

One night, he took me back to his house for the weekend. It was late and I really wanted to rest. So I laid in bed.

Donghae had freshened up after me and came back to the bed shirtless.

Of course, my hormones were weird at the time. I couldn't resist his body and how I thought he really cared for me.

So, he led me on and we had the best night of our lives."

She took a sip of her water before continuing.

"After a few months, I had found out I was pregnant. I told Donghae and he was really happy that we would be having a baby after graduation. So, we went on as a happy couple."

Onew sipped his tea before saying, "It sounds like you and Donghae were really happy." He didn't smile. Just told her with a straight look.

Jessica's lips formed a super thin smile. "I guess. But there's more."

Onew sat back and relaxed, anxious to hear more.

Jessica cleared . "The time had come when the baby was to be born. Donghae was by my side the whole time, helping me through the painful experience. I felt relieved, hearing my baby's cry was like music to my ears of a song I fell in love with.

I looked at my child that just came into the world as the doctor held him in their hands. He had that look that reminded me of Donghae.

Donghae had held him after they had cleaned him and checked everything on him. Those eyes had that sparkle that made it seem like he had already loved the child. I could never forget that moment. He had chosen his name, but left it after my name. We were just a new happy family. We had moved into a house together and everything.

By the time Yoogeun was a few months old, Donghae got suspicious to me. He was always busy whenever I needed him at the house or he would come home at late hours."

Jessica fought back tears.

Onew handed her a tissue to wipe them.

She bowed her head.

"One evening, I came home when Donghae was watching over Yoogeun. It seemed really quiet around the house. I went to Yoogeun's room and found him fussing in his crib. I took him in my arms as I went to the living room.

And there he was. He was caressing another woman in his arms, who sat upon his lap. And she happened to be my enemy in high school and on to college."

Jessica sniffled and used the tissue to dab her wet eyes.

"Hara?" Onew asked calmly, feeling the pain she felt.

She nodded with sniffles.

Onew kept her hand in his as he rubbed his thumb over her hand.

Jessica continued, "Donghae had looked up and found me with Yoogeun. My shocked eyes couldn't believe it. He had just stared at me. Hara had smirked at me before getting off of Donghae. He didn't make a face except approaching me before I stepped back. I told him I was sleeping in the guest bedroom with Yoogeun before the river of tears ran down my face and my feet running up the stairs.

The next morning, I went into our room and it was empty. Everything that he had was gone. He left. I had lost him. The only thing that was left was a picture of us and Yoogeun at the hospital. I still hold that picture till this day."

Jessica was already letting tears fall.

Onew pitied her. He stood up from his seat and led Jessica out of the restaurant after he had paid for their meal. He just wanted Jessica to let out a good cry of pain, so he drove in silence, only hearing her sobs.

He arrived at her home and walked her to her door. "Jessica, I'm so sorry about what happened with you guys."

Jessica shook her head. "Ani. It wasn't your fault."

"But I wasn't there for you like a best friend should have," he said to her, holding her arms.

Jessica wiped her eyes with another tissue. "It's alright. I kind of pushed you away at that time."

Onew had many thoughts going through his head now. Kiss her. Kiss her! Kiss the girl!

He didn't know if this was the right time, but seeing her cry and in pain was a whole different story.

Onew took her face in his hands and leaned in towards her before lightly planting a sweet and gentle kiss on her lips.


Hi~ I finally updated after a long while. I've been working on my other fanfictions. Now I'm focusing on my mini-stories at this time. So this one will be updated more often like Bet On It, Mission Impossible, and hopefully Falling Into the Darkness of Trusting You. My on-going series will be put on hold for now, exception of Love Is Unexpecting. So keep a look out for those updates. Comment and Suscribe~! ^_^