Start Of A New Day

Hello Daddy!

Jessica opened her tired eyes as she felt her body being shook. Her sleepy eyes looked down to find the beautiful smile to an angelic toddler.

"Yoogeun."

She sat up from her bed and smiled.

"Eomma!" he exclaimed as he began to hop in his spot at the edge of her bed.

Jessica giggled at her child. She reached down to him, picking him up and setting him on her lap.

"What are you doing in here, Yoogeun?" She held her child close to her chest while looking at the angelic facial.

"Wake up, Eomma," he said to her, followed by a kiss on her hand.

Jessica couldn't help but smile at him. "Aigoo. You're so cute."

Yoogeun played with Jessica's light brown hair.

She looked at the child. "What do you want to do today, Yoogeun? Do you want to go to the park?"

He looked up at her. "Nm."

Jessica kissed the toddler's forehead. "Arasso. Let's go get ready and then we can go to the park."

Yoogeun smiled.

Jessica lifted the covers off of her body and stood up with Yoogeun in her arms. "Let's go brush teeth." She took Yoogeun into her bathroom and helped him to brush his teeth. "Brush your teeth."

Yoogeun took his toothbrush and brushed his teeth with his small hands.

Jessica brushed her teeth with him and looked in the mirror.

She sighed in her mind, seeing that Yoogeun looks like his father. She hated him though. After he cheated on her and then left, it killed her inside that he would betray her and Yoogeun. Yoogeun now didn't have a father figure. She hoped to never tell Yoogeun about his father until he was much older.

After they finished brushing, Jessica took Yoogeun to his room to get him ready for the day.

"Yoogeun, you play with your toys while Eomma gets ready. Okay?" Jessica cleared up with him.

"Nm," Yoogeun replied to her.

Jessica let him down.

Yoogeun ran to his toys that laid on the carpeted floor and began to play with his Power Rangers toys.

Jessica smiled at his playfulness and then turned to get herself together.

 

Once Jessica was ready, she stepped into Yoogeun's room with a smile.

She saw her young son playing nicely by himself.

She could only see the patience of her ex-boyfriend in him. She let out a heavy sigh, which was loud enough for Yoogeun to turn his head.

Yoogeun saw him mother and smile widely. "Eomma! Look!"

Jessica went to him and knelt down to his level. "What's that, Baby?"

Yoogeun held up his book.

Jessica received the book from him. "Gomawo. But let's put the book away. You ready to go to the park?"

Yoogeun jumped up. "Yay! Park!"

Jessica laughed at her child and picked him up. "And maybe, we'll get some lunch and then go get ice cream. How does that sound for today?"

Yoogeun could only giggle. "I like it."

She kissed his cheek and then left his room towards the front door of her small house. "Let's put your shoes on, Yoogeun." She put the toddler on the floor and grabbed his shoes. "Show Eomma how you put on your shoes."

Yoogeun took the pair of shoes and sat down on the ground. He put his shoes on like he was told. After he buckled his shoes, he stood up and showed Jessica.

Jessica looked at him with a proud smile. "Aigoo! Good job, Baby! Are you ready to go now?"

Yoogeun nodded his head. "Nm."

Jessica grabbed his hand. "Let's hold Eomma's hand and go." She opened the door and was greeted by the breeze. "Ah! It's beautiful today. Perfect day for a stroll in the park." She began walking out with her bag in her hand and Yoogeun's hand in the other.

 

Jessica and Yoogeun walked for about fifteen minutes down the road and found the park that was filled with children and their parents.

Yoogeun couldn't be any happier. "Wow!"

Jessica could only smile.

His excitement was just like his father's.

She could only sigh at just the thoughts of Yoogeun not growing up with his father. If only you were still here.

She turned her thoughts into positive ones when Yoogeun began to use quick steps. "Yoogeun! Slow down!"

Yoogeun kept pulling Jessica's hand. He pointed towards the playground.

"You want to go on the playground?"

"Nm."

Jessica guided him towards the playground. "Arasso. Where should we go?"

Yoogeun pointed towards the slide.

"There?" Jessica helped him onto the platforms of the playground to get him to the top of the slide. "Come down, Yoogeun!"

Yoogeun waved to her.

Jessica waved back. "Annyeong."

Yoogeun sat down at the top of the slide. He scooted himself to go down. He easily slid down the slide, greeting his mother at the end of it.

Jessica greeted him at the end of the slide with a big smile. "Annyeong!"

Yoogeun got himself down from the slide.

He pointed towards the swings. "Nm."

Jessica saw where his finger led to. "You want to go on the swings?"

"Nm." Yoogeun took Jessica's hand and pulled her over to the swing set.

Jessica placed Yoogeun in the swing and began to push him lightly. "Are you having fun, Baby?"

Yoogeun could only laugh. "I like it."

Jessica asked him again to confirm. "You like it? Are you happy to be out with Eomma?"

Yoogeun responded to her as loud as he could, "I'm happy!"

Jessica's heart was smiling. It couldn't be any better than this.


This was the introduction to Jessica and Yoogeun. There will be more interaction between them next chapter. ^_^