Jessica's Past

Hello Daddy!

Onew stared at the child that held onto his leg. "Uh."

Jessica stared down at Yoogeun as well. Then her eyes trailed towards Onew. "Mianhae." She gently grabbed Yoogeun off of Onew's leg and carried him. "Yoogeun, what are you doing?"

Yoogeun pointed towards Onew. "Appa."

Onew was pondering on what cause Yoogeun to call him Appa. I'm pretty sure I'm not this kid's father. FOR SURE. I NEVER slept with Jessica. I kind of want to...WAIT! Onew papo! Stop thinking dirty thoughts!

Onew looked to Jessica. "Jessica, why would Yoogeun think I'm his father?" he quietly asked.

Jessica answered back, "It's kind of a long story. But I'm sure you don't want to hear it."

"Aniyo. Aniyo. It's alright. Here, let me buy us some ice cream and then we'll sit and we can talk about it," Onew told her as his best offer to hang out with her. He showed her a smile that showed in his eyes.

Jessica couldn't resist his eye-smile. That's too cute. How can I turn that down?

"Onew, you don't have to," she kindly said.

"Aniyo. It's my treat."

"Well, if you insist."

Onew grew a wide smile and then ordered the three of them ice cream.

Once they received their ice cream, Onew led Jessica and Yoogeun to a table.

He off the delicate flavors of the creamy dessert. "Now, go ahead and tell me your story."

Jessica used the spoon to take a spoonful of her ice cream to feed to Yoogeun.

"Well, it all started before winter break. I was still going out with the same guy for the longest time, but he wanted to have a special night before studying became an obstacle. So he and I spent a night out after the holidays."

Onew smiled. "That sounded like a fun time."

Jessica could only sigh as she kept feeding Yoogeun as he played with his toy cars.

"It was. But I didn't realize how far along we went until it really happened. It scared me.

A couple months later into the semester, I started feeling achy and lots of morning sickness. So he took me to the doctor and we found out that we were going to be parents."

Onew's mouth formed an 'O' shape. "Jinjja? And this happened when we were friends?"

Jessica nodded.

Onew stared at his hand that sat on the table. "That's why you acted funny during the second semester."

"Well, after we found that out, we went along with it like nothing happened. It seemed to work.

But when the time came for Yoogeun to be born, he was there for me during that painful memory. I thought he would never leave me alone with this baby that we created together.

But I was completely wrong."

A teardrop began to form at the corner of her eye. She wiped it away.

"When Yoogeun was only a few weeks old, his father began to lack. It really pissed me off that he was never home when I needed him. He just seemed like he didn't care.

So that when the next week, I found him cheating. On me and Yoogeun. That's when he left us.

I hate him for what he did to us, but I just kept going on with life with my newborn son.

I've been taking care of him ever since. So Yoogeun never knew his father. That may be why he called you his daddy."

Onew finished off the frozen dessert and bit straight at the cone. "Oh. I get it. I understand."

Jessica finished feeding Yoogeun and ate some spoonfuls for herself. "Mianhae. For Yoogeun."

"It's not your fault, Jessica," he gently said as he stared her in the eyes. "Yoogeun never had a father."

Jessica let out a heavy sigh. She looked at her child and saw that he was getting sleepy.

"I better get Yoogeun home. It's time for a nap." She stood up.

Onew stood up as well as he popped the last bit of cone into his mouth. "Wait. Jessica, let me drive you both home. Then it would be easier to take him."

Jessica smiled. "Gomawo, Onew. That's very kind of you." She took Yoogeun's cars and put them into her bag. She picked up a drowsy Yoogeun into her arms and walked out with Onew.

Onew could only smile. It's the least I can do for you to express how much I care about you.

Onew led them to his car, helping Jessica get in the car with the sleepy Yoogeun in her lap.

 

As he drove her home, he could hear Jessica's humming.

The sweet, delicate voice really gets me. It's so beautiful, like her.

He kept listening to her humming as he arrived in front of her home.

"Okay. We're here."

Jessica unbuckled the seatbelt. "Gomawo, Onew."

Onew opened the door for her so she could carefully get out without waking the child.

He locked the doors and walked her to the front door.

Jessica unlocked her front door and walked in with Yoogeun in her arms.

Onew closed the door behind him and followed Jessica to Yoogeun's room. He stood at the doorway, watching her tuck the child into the blankets.

Jessica patted Yoogeun's back to calm his senses.

Soon, Yoogeun was already in deep sleep.

Jessica walked back towards Onew and closed the door after they walked out. She sighed deeply.

Onew followed her into her living room.

"You're so good with children."

Jessica smiled.

She sighed again. "If only Yoogeun could have a father figure to look to."

Onew pursed his lips as he sat on the couch. That's so sad how that child won't be able to grow up without a father. What if...? Am I risking this?

"Jessica?" he started as he bit his lip.

Jessica looked up as she walked to him towards the couch. "Neh?"

He exhaled deeply, "What if I could be the father figure to Yoogeun?"

Jessica stared at him. "Mwoh?"

He nodded slowly. "I mean, I know I'm not easy with kids, but what if I could be there for Yoogeun? Then it would give you a break."

Jessica looked down at her hands. She bit her lip, pondering at Onew's sudden suggestion.

"Would you really do that, Onew?"

Onew smiled. "Of course." Besides, I want to get close to you.

Jessica pulled him into a hug. "Gomawo." She whispered into his ear, "Welcome to the family, Appa."


Ain't that just cute?

 

Comment Replies:

@Jessbian

Thanks! That means a lot! Onew is now a father. :)

 

@Gorjess_Sonespirit

You'll just have to read to find out who the biological father is. ;) Truthfully, I haven't decided. :P

 

@minyoon-khuna

Thank you! Appreciate it! Updated! :)