Pain

Love, Love, Love

“What are you saying, Taecyeon?” My voice cracked as I stood next to the taller man, he looked as if he was ashamed. I watched his facial features tense as his fists clenched tightly and he closed his eyes, mumbling to me in a broken voice.

   “I don’t need you anymore . . .”

   Suddenly, it felt like my chest was collapsing. Like my organs just decided to stop working and my very bones ached. A tear rolled down my cheek as I looked up at Taecyeon. Should I beg? I was never one to beg, but this seemed to be an exception. I fell to my knees and tugged at his shirt with a sob. “D-Don’t say that, baby . . . Please don’t say that . . . I-I know I’m not the best– I’m not the best husband . . . But I love you– I-I made you happy once . . .” The shaking of my jaw forced me to bite my lip as what little control over myself that I had slowly dwindled down to nothing. I was nothing. “I made you happy, once . . . right baby?”

   He didn’t answer.

   “. . . Right?” I repeated, receiving no answer again. “Right?!” I yelled at him hysterically, panicking, filled with despair. “Y-You told me that you loved me! You said that you’d always trust me and that as long as we could be t-together . . . a-as long as . . . you’d love me.”

   “As long as we could be together . . . I’d give you my world.” Taecyeon’s voice was calm, a lot calmer than I expected, as he repeated those words he said to me in our wedding vows. “Stop acting like a baby, Jun. You know as well as I do that we can’t be together, that you’re just going to leave– every second that ticks by, you’re moving closer and closer to abandoning me.” He said as he pulled me off the floor, forcing me to use my own wobbly legs to hold myself up as he cupped my chin in his hand. “Just like my parents abandoned me . . . and everyone else after them . . . you’ll be no different, just another memory that haunts me at night.”

   “I’m not like them,” I said weakly, my eyes becoming heavy from the tears. “I didn’t choose this.”

   “But I could be happy with someone else.” Taecyeon held the back of my neck, pressing our foreheads together and making me close my eyes as he whispered. “Let. Me. Go.” He put a painful emphasis on each word, making sure they struck me in my heart. “Let me go, Min-Jun . . . Let me be happy . . . I’d do the same for you.”

   I opened my eyes with the warmth around me faded.

   Taecyeon was gone.

   “I’d do the same for you . . .” The words echoed like a whisper from across the hallway and I looked up to see Taecyeon at the end of the hall, almost at the front door. He was leaving. My legs pushed themselves to move and I reached out to him, crying.

   “Taecyeon-ah!” I called for him but the more I moved the farther away I seemed to get. He was really leaving me. “Taecyeon-ah . . . w-wait!” My voice cracked hoarsely as I raced to get to the door before he was gone. Something made me trip and the impact of my body on the floor sent a wave of pain through me. I looked down at my feet to see a clear plastic tube tangled around my foot. I followed the chord to an IV that was sticking in my arm.

   My body was hurting again, my muscles rippled with pain and my very core was on fire. I could feel the blood pumping through my veins, toxic and dying. I ran a hand through my hair in a panic and froze when it didn’t feel right. Slowly pulling my hand away, I frowned, as it was covered in hair. I swiped my hand through a few more times, pulling out thick locks every time and sobbing as I stood shakily, to look in the mirror on the wall.

   I had changed into something completely unrecognizable.

   The narrow body under the pale blue hospital robe was nothing but skin and bones, bruised and discolored skin stretched over my once full face and body. I cried more at the sight of myself until I heard a sigh next to me. I looked over to the door and Taecyeon was there again.

   “Do you see, now?” He said before withdrawing himself through the door and closing it behind him. He was gone. He had left me before I could leave him.

   All I could do was sob.

 

 


 
 

AN: Okay...Even I think this part was a bit harsh and sad, and I'm sorry I put you guys through that...BUT, it's kind of totally needed because (I dont want to give anything away) after this, the plot will finally begin to unfold. IDK if you guys noticed but a few people have asked me about "When's Chansung coming into the story?" and such...Well he already made an appearance, though he was unnamed. Anyway, I promise you all two things...1) This story WILL get better and actually become happy at some point. And 2) Even though you all pretty much already know the outcome of MinJun's fate...This story does have a happy (in my eyes) ending...It's not ideal, it's not fairy tale, it's real life happiness...Please dont hate me. I love you all and happy reading. I'm going to work on updates for a couple other fics before updating this one again. <33333333333333333