Chapter 2

Simple gets complicated

                           You awoke the next day and once again snuck out of the club. You didn't feel like walking around the streets today so you made your way to school. You got to the gates and stood there. You never really looked at what your school looked like. The slight sliver of sunlight lit up the side of the school. You started to walk around the fence taking in the details of your school. You stopped and turned around. How could you have never noticed that? You tilted your head in confusion and started to walk towards the small little gate door attached to the fence. But you stopped. You were scared that something bad would happen if you went in there. You started to back away from it slowly. You went back to the front of the school once again and waited. It was now 6 a.m. and you would have to wait at least another hour. You frowned and found yourself walking back to the gate.

You're POV
I don't get why but that gate seems to attract me to it. I started to walk closer and I finally pushed it open slightly with one hand. I peered inside. I started to walk on the gravel of the little road that lead to a tiny compartment in the back of the school. I slightly touched the handle and a cloud of dust flew up into the air as I pulled it open. The inside looked like a music room. I left the door open so that there would be more light. Now that I saw it more I finally noticed there were several other rooms attached to the first one. I guess this had been the second building. I stumbled upon a library and decided to take a look. It was filled with dusty books and there was a few chairs and tables laying around. Other than the mess this was a beautiful library. I started to walk around the huge room and picked a few books off their shelves. One of them caught my eye. It was titled: Enchanting Silence (a/n: haha I don't know if this is a real title of a book I just made it up haha :D) I decided to sit and start reading it. I pulled out one of the chairs and opened the dusty book to it's first page. Just as I flipped the page a voice said,"What are you doing here?" It startled me and I dropped the book on the floor. I turned around and there stood a boy with brown hair. I think I noticed him somewhere before. Maybe he was one of L.Joe's friends? "I-I was j-just.." I stuttered. He started walking towards me. I got up off the chair and started to back up. 

"Why are you here?" he asked as he slowly cornered me. "I just came here because..." I didn't really know how to respond. Why WAS I here anyways? "I asked you a question." he said. My back hit the wall of the library and soon he was in front of me. "Are you going to answer me or not?" he asked. I stuttered once more while saying,"I-I d-don't know w-why. I j-just came here be-because I s-saw the li-little g-gate." He put a hand on the wall next to my face and then I noticed how close I was to him. Or how close HE was to ME. He leaned next to my ear and whispered,"This is my hide-out okay? I suggest you not come here again." I slightly nodded and he patted your head and said,"Good girl." I didn't notice at first but his voice was really... y. (a/n: I am laughing my off right now XD) I stared up at his face and noticed his full, kissable lips. WAIT... am I starting to take an interest in guys? But, whoa... what's wrong with me? I have never in my life liked a guy as more than friends. He smiled and said,"Naughty girl, stop thinking dirty thoughts." I just looked down at the floor and blushed. I wasn't thinking dirty things, that's the LAST thing on my mind. He chuckled slightly and said,"Okay, now you can go right?" I slightly nodded as he pushed off the wall allowing me to escape. I scooted over a little to the side and started to walk away. 

Before I could take a full 3 steps I felt an arm around my wrist. I turned around and saw that guy holding me back. "D-Didn't you want me to leave?" I asked in a quiet voice. He had a serious look on his face. He looked really... cool. (a/n: lmao!!!!) "The name's Niel. Your's?" he asked. I quietly said,"I'm ~~~~. Well I'm going to go now." I turned around and quickly walked away. 

My POV
You walked out the little gate and noticed students starting to go into school. You sighed and walked inside as well. Again, like every day you sat in the back row. You took out your notebook and started writing the things on the board that the teacher had jotted down. You were bored as ever. Finally the teacher shut up because the bell rang. "Read pages 502-530!!!" he shouted loudly to the students walking away. You just had to be... next to him when he shouted. You cowered down and almost glared at the teacher. But you stopped yourself. You thought,"What right do I have to glare at him? He must be a better person than I am at least." with a sad sigh you stepped out of the classroom.

At lunch you didn't feel like eating. You saw Niel sitting with his friends laughing and joking around. Something you didn't deserve. You glanced back at him once more before stepping out of the school building. You had about a good 30 minutes before you had to get back. You quietly snuck back into the second building. You once again were welcomed by the sight of dust, and old books. You headed towards the library again. When you entered you started looking for the book that you dropped on the floor. It wasn't there so you thought,"Maybe he put it back on the shelf..." you thought. You went over to the shelf it had been on and noticed it wasn't there either. Well that's strange... you thought. Soon a hand came down on your shoulder. You looked back and saw it was Niel again. He looked pissed. You gulped and tried to come up with an excuse to why you were here again. "Didn't I tell you not to come here again!?" he yelled. You tried to reply but he cut you off,"I don't know HOW MANY TIMES I HAVE TO TELL YOU!!! THIS PLACE IS OFF LIMITS TO YOU!!! DID I NOT MAKE MYSELF CLEAR THIS MORNING?!?!" he yelled into your face. Your face fell and you nodded your head slightly."I just came to pick up that book I dropped this morning and I-I..." you didn't want to continue, afraid he would yell at you again. It was silent. You looked up and saw him staring down at you. You quickly looked away and stood like a statue. He let out an annoyed breath. "Why do you keep coming here?" he asked. "This is only the second time." you whispered. He scoffed and said,"I doubt it would be your last..." You kept silent.

Suddenly he lifted your face to look at his. "Well since you decided to ignore my rules I guess I have to punish you." he smirked. Your eyes widened because you were scared. If boss did bad things to you a stranger could do worse. You were literally trembling. You felt your knees weaken and you forehead started sweating. All the memories of boss punishing you flashed through your mind. Your head hurt. It felt as if someone had gotten a bat and swung you right in the stomach. You clutched onto your forehead and you closed your eyes. Him beating you, throwing you, as if you were a lifeless doll. Him hitting you with things, crashing things into your body. Him and his friends beating you down. Your blood on their hands. The violence. The cruel things that they did to you. Niel noticed you didn't look so well. He started to worry. Your face was white and you were sweating along your forehead. Your hand clutching your stomach as if it were in pain. Your eyelids flashing and you constantly blinked away the tears. 

He reached out to touch you and you pulled back surprised by the sudden interaction. You had forgotten he was standing there. You looked at him with scared eyes. And then your eyes widened. His face transformed into boss's face. His angry face. He held out a hand as if motioning him to get over there. You slightly shook your head. He furrowed his eyebrows. You grew even more  scared. He started coming towards you and you backed away. He stopped but then came closer once more. You looked frightened as if you were an animal trapped inside of a cage. He grabbed your hand... and you screamed.