The Last El Bimbo (Chapter 23: Don't give up on us)

The Last El Bimbo

 

After their honeymoon, the newly weds arrived back to Seoul. After 1 month, Donghae went back to the rehearsal room for their comeback, while Laiza is continuing to fight her illness using chemotherapy. She injected it to herself and suddenly, she cried because of the pain that she felt through her veins. She looked at the garden and saw her kids, playing and running around. She remembered last time that Donghae told the kids about her condition.
 
*flashback*
Hae: ahm. Baby, I just want to tell you. *sobbing* umma is sick. Very sick.
Bada: what do you mean, Appa?
Soo: is she dying?
Hae: don't say that. She's gonna be okay.
Bada: will she die?
 
Suddenly, Soohae ran to her umma, hugging and crying to her.
 
Soo: umma, is it true? You're dying?
 
Laiza looked to Donghae, asking why. Suddenly, she stared at her daughter.
 
Lai: n-no. I'll be fine. Don't cry. *wiping her daughter's tears* just pray to Bro that I will be fine. Okay?
Soo: yes umma.
 
Bada walked to her mother and hugged tightly.
 
Bada: umma, don't leave us. Appa will be sad.
 
Laiza suddenly sobbed because of him. Donghae saw them and walked away from them. He wiped his tears, pretending to be tough. When the kids are sleeping, the couple talked to each other.
 
Lai: why did you tell to them about my condition?
Hae: I can't help it.
Lai: but why?
Hae: because I don't want to see you dying. What if, they saw you dying like this?
Lai: you shouldn't tell them about this.
Hae: Seulgi, my feelings is so desperate to see you happy. I really don't want to see you like that. I love you so much. Did you know that I'm so hard to feel like this to see you dying. I'm so desparete to ask God, why you? Why he chose you to feel dying? I don't know that he cursed me or not-
Lai: Donghae.
Hae: I don't know what to do if you're gone. I'm so tired for this.
 
He cried to her because of his desperate feelings. Suddenly, she hugged him tightly to comfort him.
 
Lai: Donghae, don't give up. I'll be okay. Please don't cry. I don't want to see you crying. Please?
Hae: *nodding*
Lai: *wiping his tears* be strong like mine. Don't lose hope. 
*end of flashback*
 
Laiza wiped her tears while remembering. The kids are running towards her and ask.
 
Bada: umma, where's your hair? It all gone.
Lai: oh. I guess they're running?
Soo: you're bald now. Did you take your medicine?
Lai: yes, my baby.
Bada: how's Appa today?
Lai: he's rehearsing with Eunhyuk.
Soo: is he with Kyuhyun oppa?
Bada: uyy. Umma, you know that Soohae wants Kyuhyun hyung to be her boyfriend.
Lai: really?
Soo: huh? That's not true. Oppa!!
Bada: you're blushing!
Soo: why did you tell that to umma!?
 
Suddenly, she smiled at them.