The Last El Bimbo (Chapter 1)

The Last El Bimbo

 

In the wide meadow of Mokpo, the kids are playing happily. The boy named Little Hae saw them and wanted to play with them.
 
Little Hae: mommy.. Can I play with them?
 
His mother agreed, smiling on her face. The little boy smiles and ran to his same aged kids. He played with them, running and running until he got tired. When he and his mother went home, they noticed the baggages of their new neighbors at the front of their house. Little Hae got curious on their neighbors. One night, while he's studying at the front of his window, he suddenly seek at the front of their house. He saw a little girl, dancing at the terrace. He stared at her, beautifully at her face and her graceful dance.
 
Little Hae: she's so beautiful... Who is she? I want to meet her.
 
So the next day, after schooling, he went home and seek again at the window. He saw her again. She's looking at the terrace but suddenly her teddy bear fell down on the ground. Little Hae got up and ran outside while the girl ran downstairs. He picked the teddy bear and gave to  the girl.
 
Little Hae: here's your bear.
???: thank you.
Little Hae: are you new here?
???: yes.
 
The girl is so shy talking to Little Hae, so he is adjusting to get close to her.
 
Little Hae: I'm Lee Donghae.. I'm your neighbor at the front of your house. What's your name?
???: Han Seulgi imnida.
Little Hae: nice to see you.
 
The girl smiled. Little Hae is thinking to do with her.
 
Little Hae: do you want to play?
Seul Gi: what game?
 
He grabbed her and they went to the meadows.
 
Seul Gi: what are we doing here?
Little Hae: *tapping at her back* gotcha! *running*
Seul Gi: hey!
 
So she ran to catch him. Suddenly, she caught him.
 
Seul Gi: gotcha!
Little Hae: you caught me!
 
Little Hae amazed her smile. Suddenly, he asked her about yesterday.
 
Little Hae: uhmm. May I ask, I saw you dancing some ballroom dances yesterday... How do you know dancing like those dances?
Seul Gi: ohh... Uhmm.. My grandma taught me a lot of dances. She is a Filipino.
Little Hae: you mean... Are you a Filipino??
Seul Gi: half...
Little Hae: ohh..
Seul Gi: yeap.. If you want, I'll teach you how to dance.
Little Hae: but I don't know how to dance.
Seul Gi: I'll teach you.
 
She grabbed his hands. While going home, Little Hae stared at his hand that Seul Gi hold. He felt his heart beat fast. This is the first time that the girl holding his hand. So they walked at the living room, Seul Gi grabbed a tape and inserted it to the cassette player. The tape played and the music starts. Seul Gi walked to shy Little Hae.
 
Seul Gi: let's dance...
Little Hae: but how?
Seul Gi: just lift your hands open, I will hold your hand. And we sway it.
 
So she demonstrated the steps and they started to dance. They swayed their hands in circular motion.
 
Seul Gi: sway your hips. You're like a stone.
Little Hae: like this? *swaying a little*
Seul Gi: yes. You're good. Are you good in dancing?
Little Hae: I really don't know how to dance.
Seul Gi: really?
Little Hae: yeah.
Seul Gi: next,place your right arm at the back of your neck. Then slide away from my left arm. I will do this also to you.
Seul Gi: this dance called El Bimbo.
Little Hae: El Bimbo.. Okay...
 
So they do it and happily enjoyed the dance.
 
Hae's POV:
Your fair tan skin, your shy words, your angelic smile, everything. But I'm too young to fall in love with you, I'll be here for you, my friend.