Chapter 9

Daydream

 

 

ZELO’s POV

 

 

I ran for my life and cried out for help. Nothing seemed to make its way through my inner and out of my mouth. Only half-choked whistling sounds appeared in the fog surrounding me, making me blind. A deep whisper was heard. It said my name several times. Where? Where?!

     I had stopped in the middle of nowhere as I was trapped in the fog anywhere I went. His face slowly appeared in the white mass of dew. He came closer. Walking, slowly. His face flickered as if a signal from a satellite had been jammed.

     “WAE?!” My lungs burned from screaming, but still the sound didn’t come out right. He stopped a couple of steps away from me. His face turned friendly, his eyes glistening in the moon’s reflection.
     “Don’t worry,” he said with a soft voice. However, the sound banged my ears as if he had somehow gathered all the power from my screams and cries. I cupped my ears and shrank, trying to keep every sound out. His head tilted slightly to the left; his eyes only focused on me. “Are you scared? Don’t be scared” Though his voice was deep and his looks fierce he was like an angel trying to comfort me - like a mother would’ve done to her little daughter.

     I was determined to let go of my ears with my hands to take his hand, which he had invitingly reached down towards me. “Don’t worry,” he repeated.
     Doubt suddenly overwhelmed me. “Y-y-you! No! It’s not!” My hand pointed at him shockingly. “H-hyung, p-please… Don’t.”
     “Why are you so scared, Zelo? It’s just me, Yong Guk.” His voice was no longer neither comforting nor soft. It was firm and distant. The human shape took one step closer and squatted right in front of me, staring me down so I would sit on the bare ground. “Just give me your hand, Zelo, don’t you worry. I’ll get you out of here, I promise.” This wasn’t the way Bang Yong Guk used to talk. To me, that is.

     “N-no.” My voice was extremely shaky.

     He looked at me without blinking. Deep silence. A breeze took a hold around one of his light brown locks and moved it out of place. “I promise.”

     “NO!” I sprang to attack him in his squatting position. In a flash, his face changed; he hissed like an animal and… disappeared. Before I could react to the sudden disappearance, I fell hard to the cool ground like a plane crashing.

     The atmospheric humidity slowly killed the last fresh oxygen I had left in my lungs. I opened my eyes just to see black dirt underneath the white sheet. Leafs were sleeping a Sleeping Beauty-like sleep. Way too deep. I closed my eyes again. “Why…” I whispered breathlessly into the ground. Help me get out alive, someone, please…

     A drop hit me on the back of my head. I raised my head a little with difficulties, looked to the clear sky and was hit by another drop of water. I pushed myself on my feet again, trying to regain my balance. The fog was nowhere to be seen anymore. He was still not showing either.

     The sound of cracking branches filled my ears. I scanned the setting, stared at every branch, at every leaf, at every root, every filling of blue sky between the gaps of the trees. He was still nowhere to be seen.

     “Don’t touch me. Don’t look at me. Don’t speak to me” The sound of his voice and his words rolled down my spine, giving me chills all over my body. His voice was still firm. My body began to shake, accepting the fear that overwhelmed me once again.

     “H-hyu-“

     “I said, don’t speak to me!!”

     “But hyung-“ I turned to look, but regretted too late. It wasn’t Bang Yong Guk that met my eyes. It was some sort of a creature. Enormous. Black eyes stared right into mine. I fell right down on the ground again, startled from the shock of the sight. The creature came closer, hissing at me. Slowly, I crawled backwards, hoping that he…or it… wouldn’t notice.

     “You stole it!!” I could’ve sworn that it was his voice, but he couldn’t be inside that shape. My mind was probably just playing tricks on me. It was human-like… but still nothing like a human being.

     Something suddenly pinned me to the ground … Now it was gone: the black eyes; the enormous size. It was all gone. I was slammed back to reality. What covered me now was his body. Surprisingly light, yet very muscular. I felt his warm breath on my skin. He smirked at me before moving his face closer to mine. I was mesmerized by his features: his lips, his light brown hair, his nose, even his chin. I found myself moisten my lips before he was right above me, only half an inch away. A split second later, I felt-

 

     “Hoooneyyy, I’m hoooome!”
     My body decided to jump violently whereupon it slammed to the floor, forming an awkward shape as seen in TV-series about violated victims and policemen. I lifted my head and rolled about, slowly, making sure that none of my bones were broken. I rubbed my poor nose with a sad expression on my face.

     “Does it hurt?”

     I slowly opened my eyes just to see a face right in front of mine. I screamed my heart out like a little girl and rolled under the bed, my body forming itself like a turtle hiding in its shell. A mouth appeared in the space between the floor and the bed.

     “Duuude, I just asked if it hurts. Come out, I’ll help you!”

     A flashback to what seemed to be a dream went through my head. “I’ll help you.” Before I could make a protest, a wind of half breath, half spit hit my face. “Does it hurt now?” The mouth turned into a huge grin. A new wind… or should I call it a storm came right at me again. I curled even more up and hid my face.

     “Daehyun-aaaaah! Stop it!”

     The mouth pouted and disappeared with a deep and unsatisfied “fiiiiine” before a tin of soda rolled under the bed and hit my head. “Get ready! I know I’M ready!”

     “Dude, what is this?” I finally popped my head outside followed by my tin of soda. His hands grabbed mine and pulled me the rest of the way – and a bit longer. He actually dragged my across the floor, out the door and… “Ho-ho-hooooly ! Not the stairs! Daehyun-aaAARH!” I screamed like a little girl once again and flung my arms and legs about to escape his grip. He let go of my hands and my face smacked to the floor for the second time.

     “La-di-diii la-di-daaah” he sang while jumping down the stairs like an awkward penguin before aiming straight for the TV and the controllers. I face palmed myself. Aigoo, how could you forget about this day? It was the day. The day of gaming! An event we had each year where we’d game two days straight with a stockpiles of soda, rice cakes, baozis and other goodies.

 

     As hours went by, we moved closer and closer to the TV. Daehyun was a hardcore multitasker as his hand would always search for the bowls with goodies, but he managed to control perfectly as if he used both his hands.

     Even though he was approximately 3 years older than me, he looked like a little child. He also acted like one, but that’s another story. He had repeated a couple of years in school, and that’s why he was now my classmate. It wasn’t because he was stupid in any sense… He was just extremely easily distracted. It never seemed to bother him about the age difference, though.

     Right when I finally focused on the TV, Daehyun cut off his endless yelling and cursing.

     “Ya, Jun Hong-ah! I forgot to tell you something! The past couple of days I’ve noticed this guy in front of my house. He’s like… Really tall, dark hair – quite handsome, I must say -, really scary and… Uh! By the way, I got this new game – ON SALE! So this guy is constantly sitting on the bench, you know, in front of my house, yeah? There’s something about him. He---“
     To be honest, I had no idea what he was blabbering about. I was way too busy thinking about my dream and about Bang Yong Guk. “Don’t you ever come back! You hear me? Never!” The words echoed in my head constantly. I didn’t even know him, and yet tears had started to fall as I ran home like a scared child searching for his mother’s comfort.

     Without answering Daehyun or even give him some sort of response, I started blabbering about my dream. I actually didn’t even know if he was done talking, and I didn’t know what exactly I was telling him in details. I only registered his hand moving from the bowls to his mouth over and over again.

     “Oh, how I wished the dream hadn’t been interrupted!” As I remembered the ending of my dream, I suddenly realised what I had just said. I quickly snapped my head to the side to see Daehyun’s reaction, but his face was turned to the screen. I blinked a couple of times, rethinking it.

     “Ya! Watch where you’re going!” Daehyun abruptly interrupted my thoughts. I quickly put my focus back on the screen, but soon my mind wandered off again. What was that? No. I never said that. Why would I?

 

 

 

Sorry for the delay! I hope you liked this chapter anyway :D
Daehyun is such a er, huh? xD
And finally: Are you ready for some drama, eheh? >:D