Chapter 14

Daydream

 

Zelo’s POV

 

 

I once again found myself in front of this, by the time, familiar building. The feisty wind outside ruffled my curls and the dewdrop on the grass and plants indicated the time of the day: It was forenoon.

     You shouldn’t go in there, you know. Don’t you remember the last time? He kicked you out. Almost literally. This time, he is definitely going to eat you or do something worse, Daehyun said in a worried voice in my head.

     I huffed like a horse, stamping in the ground like a little boy dying to have an ice cream with all imaginable colours sprinkles on it. Should I go in? Shouldn’t I? I shouldn’t, I agreed. “But he smiled at me, I swear! ... I think he did. Yes he did! Pabo, you’ve spent too much time with Daehyun. You’re even talking to yourself – out loud.” I face palmed myself, hard.

     Just walk over there and knock on the door. If he doesn’t want you there, he’ll slam the door in your face. Note to myself: Don’t place your foot –or any other of your limbs for that matter- in the door. It would end up really bad! ... Chills ran down my spine as the most horrible pictures came to my mind. I shook my head.

     Ok, ok. New tactic... I furrowed my eyebrows as I dug into the darkest corner of my brain. After a while, I lifted my index finger and put a creepy smile on my face: I knew what to do!

     I snuck up close to the door and put my ear close to it. I couldn’t hear anything, so I pressed it up against the door. Before I could react in any way, the door opened smoothly and suddenly disappeared behind me without a sound and without me noticing it, before my body fell through the air and slammed against the floor.

     “Shi-“ I jumped to my feet and looked around with my arms to the sides ready to flutter about with them if he saw me. Half panicking, I popped my head in the door closest to me, which was the door to the bathroom. No one was there.

     You shouldn’t have broken into his house, you know.

     “Since when did you become so sensible, huh? This is a perfectly... functional... plan.” I have no idea why I even answered the voice in my head, which still sounded like Daehyun. He might’ve seemed quite absent these few weeks, but now he was anywhere I went; having planted himself –or his wise voice advising me- in my head. “Besides, I didn’t break in. The door was clearly open!” I hissed at ... well... actually myself.

     I slowly closed the door soundless behind me and walked to the room at the end of the hallway; the room with the big, fluffy bed only waiting for me: the bedroom. The door squeaked as I slightly pushed  it open. I bit down on my lower lip and pressed my eyes together anxiously, always fearing what would happen if he noticed me.

     Nothing seemed to move around me, so I opened my eyes and looked around only to see Bang Yong Guk on the bed, still sleeping safe and soundly. I found myself dazing for a while, staring at him, admiring him. I let out a little, satisfied, relaxed sigh as I cocked my head to the side to persue my admiration.

     “He looks nothing like himself when he’s asleep.” I wide smile spread across my face. My feet led me to the bed, and I crawled up into the heavens of pillows. I muffled around quietly and hugged the one of the pillows tight as I sniffed in. I stared at his sleeping face, stretched my body and placed myself comfortably beside him. My eyes closed slowly as-

     SLAM

     Something hard hit my bum, my shoulder, my back. I rolled around like a person on fire, trying to avoid the raps, whereupon it rolled over the edge of the bed and my body slammed to the floor once again. I activated my turtle mode and rolled my body into a little ball, still not knowing what the hell was going on.

     Above me in the bed I could hear Yong Guk making weird waking up-noises.

     “I SAVED YOU,” a high-pitched voice yelled to Yong Guk. I slowly crawled back up in the bed, unnoticed, bumbled over Bang Yong Guk and hid behind him. His faced turned to me in despair and with a weird look on his face.

     “How did you get in here?” I didn’t exactly plan on telling him how I got in, so I decided to just ask how he was. Or I would’ve asked him, if that high-pitched voice hadn’t appeared again.
     “I’ve cooked a great meal – just for you!”

     I popped my head over Yong Guk’s back to see where the voice came from. In front of me stood a beautiful girl – or woman (I wasn’t really sure), with a frying pan in her hand, which kind of ruined the picture of this beautiful girl.

     Bang Yong Guk didn’t seem to care that much, so the girl yelled in an even more high-pitched voice: “YA! The least you could do is to get your out in the kitchen!”  I quickly flung my head right back down when her voice came at me like a storm. My hiding place suddenly moved and revealed me. The girl stamped angrily in the floor and went out into the kitchen. Yong Guk fought his way up from the bed.

     “Are you leaving me, hyung?” The words came out before I could stop them. I felt his big hand grab my wrist and slightly pull me out of the bed and to the kitchen. I couldn’t help but smile a little and blush, appreciating the fact that he couldn’t see me when I followed his exact steps behind him.

     The girl looked extremely displeased when she turned around and saw me sitting at the table next to Yong Guk. She pouted but didn’t dare to say anything; she only placed the meal in front of him.

     My eyes were so focused on the food. That. Delicious. Food. And then it suddenly came closer? It turned out that Bang Yong Guk had pushed over to me, which I didn’t mind at all! Yumyum in my tumtum pleased me a lot~

     As I consumed the food, I noticed Bang Yong Guk staring at me and not at his girl. I kept eating while staring back at him. I pouted cutely to him before my eyes strolled back to the plate. Why would he even look at me?

     “Ya! I’m still here, you know.” Oh, the high-pitched voice I had forgotten about for a while.

     “I never asked you to come here, did I?” – and the cold voice I had heard so many times before.

     The girl smacked something against the stove –most likely her frying pan: “Are yo- I can’t believe- I will just get some milk!!”

     I had to hold in a brutal laughter. Like buying milk was some kind of threat! Things just got real as she slammed her heels against the floor out in the hallway and thereafter out of the door, whereupon the door slammed, too.

 

 

Helloo~
So... I’m definitely not pleased with this chapter. But at least I don’t have a Spanish exchange student to take all of my time anymore~!! *celebration dance* - But then there’s always school. Aish. But yay! Only four weeks and then: VACATION~~