Chapter 11

Daydream

 

 

 

ZELO’s POV

 

 

     “Hong-ah,” Daehyun complained. ”Please stop wandering around like that. It scares me a bit...” He bit his lower lip anxiously. His eyes moved hastily from side to side as they followed my endless walking from one side of the room to the other.

     I, myself, was trying to remember every single thing with him that had happened the past few days. I had never gotten to thank him, actually. I can’t get myself to just stay away and do nothing. I mean... If he hadn’t been around to protect me, I would probably be in the hospital right now-

     “I have only thanks to give him, right?” My thoughts coming out into the open to Daehyun, who looked more confused now than scared.

     “I’m not sure I-“

     “On the other side. He kicked me out, brutally, after inviting me in.”

     “You s-“

     “I know I sound like a girl right now,” I partly hissed at Daehyun. “But I just don’t know what to do.” I dramatically clasped my hands on my cheeks and let my bum fall on my bed.

     “Why don’t you just pay him a visit? I mean. Then it’s up to him whether he wants you to be with him or not, right?”

     “Aigoo, you make it sound like we’re in a relationship...”

     “I wonder who would be the girl, then,” Daehyun giggled, but then his face turned serious. “But you said the other day that you kissed him?”

     My eyes widened. “Mueos? No! I dreamed that-, wait did you actually pay attention?”

     “At least I multitasked. You didn’t pay attention to my story! Aigoo, this is not the perfect timing for a fight, right? No, we don’t need a fight. I’m having a monologue again, aren’t I? I really should get rid of that habit” He shook his head lightly.

     Why would I even dream something like that? It’s not like I even know the guy. I don’t even know what it meant. And why would he invite me in in the first place? My eyes suddenly widened from a realisation.

     “D-do you think he’s a ?!”

     Daehyun almost choked. “Wait, what? No! I mean... He saved you, kind of took care of you, invited you i-...”

     “His sheets smelled of perfume...” We were both thinking for a long time, creating an enormous silence in the room. I finally shook my head. “No. Nono. Nonono, he wouldn’t do that! I swear, he’s not like that! ... No. I’m going to pay him a visit, and I’m going to thank him, yes! ... With your support, that is.”

     “M-me? With that guy? Oh, nonono!” He shivered by the thought, but with a displeased “ok”, he gave in as soon as I placed my big, brown eyes on him, making puppy eyes as I let out little yips. This time I wouldn’t be in need of a walkie-talkie, now that I had Daehyun right by my side.

 

Still, I practically had to drag him all the way to Bang Yong Guk’s apartment. I could’ve guessed that Daehyun would be scared of Yong Guk, but what met our eyes made our knees wobble and our bodies shake. Our happy strolling, Daehyun definitely included in the happy part of the strolling, stopped abruptly when we saw that evil guy standing in front of the apartment. That evil guy... what was his name...  Himchan! He was standing with his cell phone – probably the cell phone of doom... or even death.

     We snuck closer to him and hid very well behind a couple of cars. But in the exact moment when we were about to get even closer, he turned around to run. He stopped when he almost bumped into us. After a while, he finally looked up from the road and faced me. Stared right at me with that evil glare. Or so I thought.

     As we stood there for a while just looking at each other, I noticed something in his eyes. Something... A feeling of sadness.

     “Jun Hong-ah, I think I’ve seen him before...” Daehyun whispered discreetly.
     Himchan’s eyes quickly turned to Daehyun and widened, whereupon they flickered around and then finally dropped down, staring at the asphalt again. None of us knew what to do next, so I thought I’d try to make the move, literally, and walk over to knock that apartment door down, but Himchan stopped me.

     “He’s not home.” His voice was as deep and cold as I remembered it, but still, there was something new to it. Something that didn’t suit him. Daehyun tried to play it cool.

     “When will he be back then?” For a long time, Himchan didn’t say anything... And I deeply wished he hadn’t opened his mouth to speak, right at that time.

     “I don’t know. He’s... He is, uh...” Something bothered him, no doubt. I could tell that right away. But he just seemed strangely nervous, which wasn’t like him either. “- at the hospital.” He finally managed to say.

     At that exact moment... Without even thinking... I grabbed the collar of his shirt and pulled him towards me. I have no idea what exactly happened next. I just felt words coming out of my mouth in a way they shouldn’t, blaming him for whatever had happened to Yong Guk – I actually didn’t even know what had happened to him.

     Daehyun stood for a long time on the sidelines and just watched me yell at Himchan, before he finally found a bit of courage and squeezed his body in between us, forcing me to keep a distance from the poor hyung.

     Himchan looked down into the asphalt again and left a gloomy atmosphere between us. “I... I was actually on my way to go see him. I don’t have the car, but-“ Before he could even finish his sentence, Daehyun grabbed our hands; mine in his right hand and Himchan’s in his left, and dashed in the direction of the hospital, the two of us dangling behind Daehyun. I noticed Himchan’s face looking quite dumbfounded, but I was, after all, quite used to Daehyun’s dramatic personality.

 

It was plain. Indescribably square. Cold and clinical.

I never really liked neither the look nor the smell of hospitals. They were too clean, without any personal touches. Insensitive.

     Daehyun tried to calm me down when we sat in the waiting room. For some reason, we weren’t allowed to visit him yet. I let out a big sigh and squeaked around in my chair before I finally took a hold of myself and looked at Himchan.

     “Are you ok? You don’t look well...”

     He never really answered me. He just looked at me with a blank expression in his eyes. Actually, he hadn’t spoken a word since I yelled at him.

     Hours went by without giving us some sort of progression. Even the seconds seemed to go by slower than half speed. Like a whole village of snails fleeing from an invasion or something. Himchan still seemed distant, still hadn’t said a word, but Daehyun was deeply busy catching up with his beauty sleep. Just by looking at him, my eyelids went heavier and heavier. The many hours of no sleep finally marked my body, punishing it from not making it relax until now.

     I flew into a universe of dreams, but soon the nightmares about the reality took over and knocked me right down from my pink and fluffy cloud, consisting of pictures of him, the feel of his touch, his voice. All of this was gone in a flash as my brain imagined the worst case-scenarios with him as a main character.

     Even as I found myself in a world of nightmares, I could feel them on my cheeks. These things that could humiliate one in just seconds. Those wet drops making somersaults down to my shoulder...

 


 

Hello chingus~ I won’t be able to make long updates these days because of the exchange student from Spain. My school has planned a whole bunch of things we’re going to do, so please bear with me :3 Hopefully, I’ll make better chapters when I have better time again! Really, I’m so sorry! *bows*
Also, the next few chapters (including this one) are a bit different – just a quick note. So yeah, bye~!