Chapter 28

Daydream

 

Zelo’s P.O.V.

 

The bright sun shone through the curtains and assured me that it was midday. The yelling from the streets could barely be heard, but they witnessed that life went on outside this estate – the daily life of regular, unknown citizens.

     I was sitting on my bed; my arms wrapped around my knees, my head tilted slightly to the side as I stared blankly into the framed, white walls. Two birds, the one taller than the other, landed on the outdoor windowpane. Their little chirps sounded like little giggles, and it made me think of that someone.

     “Ya, Gukkie, why don’t you ever call me?” I pouted. The smallest bird took off with a loud squeak, leaving the taller one behind. The staying bird made little jumps as it turned to look for the bird leaving before it turned around and looked straight at me through the window- Its black eyes stared sadly at me, as if it was about to cry.

     “Well… at least you did your best, little birdy. Aigoo…”

     The days seemed so lonely when I wasn’t with neither him nor Daehyun. It was like there was no reason for getting up in the mornings. Of course there was. I could do so many things, but I just didn’t. I crawled out of bed and walked slowly towards the window. The bird widened its eyes and finally flew away as I came closer to the window.

     I looked out of the window, observed everything that moved. Maybe I should just go to his place and see if he’s home, yeah? Wouldn’t that be a good idea? I thought of it for a while and then nodded. It’s a perfect idea, now that he’s not calling me. I’m sure he’s just waiting for me as he always is!

     A smile broke across my face. Hmm… I should bring something… Uh! I’ve got a little bag of liquorice hidden from my mom in my closet somewhere! I flew to the closet and ransacked all of my clothes to find that one little bag – oh, what I wouldn’t do to find it. Does Bang Yong Guk like liquorice? … Of course. He’s a ma - and real men like liquorice! I concluded. Digging out the bag, I also found my dearest skateboard.

     I quickly snuck down the stairs running through the front lawn and out on the streets with the skateboard under my arm. The distance seemed much shorter but more uneven than usually, as it was much faster with the skateboard than by feet, but it was also a couple of years ago since I had last stand on it.

     Dodging through the horde of people on the square, I finally got to Bang Yong Guk’s apartment. I tried to slow down when I saw his shadow moving in front of the curtains, but it seemed rather impossible from the speed I had gained. I took hold of a lamp standard and swung myself around to break the speed, still focusing on his window.  

     From there, everything happened so fast.

     Bump, gasp, a loud bang.

     That was the sound of me. An old lady with a zimmer frame had appeared (mysteriously – I bet she came out of the bushes), and I had bumped into her. Today… I am, apparently, a cartoon character… Uuh, where did all these stars come from? As I was planking on the pavement, the old lady suddenly turned into a mean granny.

     “What do you think you are doing? She staggered about with raising the zimmer frame.

     “I am so, so, sooo incredibly sorry, lady! I am-“
     “Stupid little-“ She hammered the zimmer frame against the pavement, trying to hit me with the little wheels, but I escaped.

     “WAARH! WOW! Old lady, I said I’m-“

     “You young boys don’t have any respect!” She raised the zimmer frame again.

     “STOP! I was just looking at my lov-“ I stopped myself right at that time, wondering what I was about to say. Luckily, she stopped raising the zimmer frame, too, and her eyes widened.

     “Your… love? Uuuuh! There is nothing like young people being in love!” Her facial expression almost looked dreamy, but then it turned serious. “Why are you still here?! Get your up!” She hammered the wheels to the pavement next to me.

     “S-sure, ma’am!” I quickly rolled about, grabbed the skateboard and ran over the road, huffing my way up the stairs.

     “Hooooneeyy, I’m hooome!” I stumbled over the last step and almost crashed the door from knocking. Come on, come on. I know you’re in there!

     I knocked again.

     “Ya! Gukkie! I have liquorice! Open the door!” I put my ear against the door, but I couldn’t hear a sound. I am sure, I … He was in the window! I am sure!  “Gukkie? … Bang Yong Guk?” I pouted childishly and started slamming my palms against the door unstoppably.

     Hm. That’s weird. I tried to look through the peephole, but couldn’t see anything. I shrugged, took my skateboard under my arm and ran back downstairs again. I got up on the board quickly and rolled across the road while staring at Bang Yong Guk’s window, trying to spot him behind the curtains.

     Well… One accident leads to another – of the same kind. Once again I smacked in to someone (someone taller, so this time it couldn’t be an old lady). I guess it was a miracle that I hadn’t been run over by a car yet!

     My head started spinning. My eyes squeezed closed from the pain in the back of my head.  A mumbling voice was hovering above me.

     “Hey… Hey, man… Are you ok?” A foot nudged my arm. “Are you awake?”

     My eyes tried to open themselves but were affected by the sun beams shining with all its glory. I finally got to sit up, rubbing my head. Damn. Who would even stand in the way? That –

     “Are you ok?”

     “Huh?” I had never heard the voice above me. My eyes slowly moved upwards; feet, legs, stomach, chest… Wait, something is- face. I have seen that face before… We both stared blankly at each other for some time.

     “YOU!” we exclaimed in unison. He looked at me, lifting a brow.

     “Oh wait… I think I… Do I know you?”

     “Yeah! You battled me once!” The machines started working in his head, trying to figure out what I was talking about.

     “Oh yeah! I remember!” he suddenly blurted out in realisation. He reached a hand down at me, helped me on my feet again and greeted at the same time. I bowed deeply. “I am Jong Up, by the way. You were Zelo, the famous dancer, right?”

     On the inside, I swear I was blushing… If that was even possible. “Until you won, then yes. But please call me Jun Hong!” He nodded slowly in understanding. First now, I noticed the big grin he always had on his face. There was an awkward silence for quite some time where he looked casually at me with that grin.

     “Oh yeah! Do you want any liquorice?” He made a startled jump from the sudden ‘communication’ from me.

     There we were. Awkwardly standing in the middle of everything; Jong Up and I, sharing a bag of liquorice with a decent distance between us. At this point, I had already forgotten all about my real purpose of being here.

     “Do you practice somewhere? Taking any classes?” He mumbled the words, his mouth full of sweets.

     I answered back with the exact same language, “Not really. I dance in front of my mother’s dresser. --- Oh hey! Could you teach me something?”

     He giggled (somewhat manly, the full mouth making it sound deeper), “Wow, yeah, sure! Meet me at the place two blocks away from the square-dance place – you’ll know when you get there! --- I have to go now, so I will see you someday, yeah?”

     I nodded, a girlish excitement filling my stomach with butterflies. He waved as he walked pass me, still chewing on sweets.

     “Uh! And thank you for the candy!”

     I realised how weird it actually sounded. The whole situation in general was weird.

 

---

Where did I put you? Dammit!

     “Ya! Stupid. Where are you?” I was running around the whole house, considering if I should call Daehyun for help. But wait – my phone was missing. I could’ve sworn I haven’t used it the last couple of days!

      With my mother’s office as the only room missing, I snuck close to the door and put my ear against it. No sounds. Nothing. I looked over both my shoulders to make sure no one saw me and walked in. I quickly panned my eyes through the room.

     “Oh sweet glory! There you are!” I flew to the phone on the desk. “What are you doing in here, huh? Stupid phone!” I pouted. I quickly flew out the door again, closing it silently and ran to my room. I dug myself down in my pillows and sheets looking at the little screen.

     “Ya, Yong Guk. If you’re not calling me, I am calling you!”

     So I did.

     And one more time. You can’t always be that busy. Why won’t you answer my calls anymore?

     The waiting made me sleepy, the pictures flying through my head as a roll of film. His scared face when we met. The sight of him fighting for me. His birthday party for me. The teddy bear. Everything smudged into one picture as I stated that I missed him so dearly.

 

 

Extremely long time no see! We will upload as fast as we can from now! We have both been quite busy these few weeks ^__^
(Sorry if there are any mistakes. It is really late hahah)
,- Donotfear