Chapter 34

Daydream

 

Zelo’s P.O.V.

 

     “Good morning, students, and welcome back after a long holiday. From today on, you-”

     “- will have to study hard and do all of your homework in order to accomplish the mid-term goals. If you do not do this throughout the year, then we will have to blaah blah blah,” Daehyun continued in a sarcastically formal voice, imitating the headmaster of the school perfectly and making exaggerating hand gestures to emphasize the formality. He closed his eyes, giggled girly and threw his arms around in front of him, “What homework? I don’t see any hom-“

     “Ya, pull yourself together, would you?” I snorted teasingly at him, but he stopped abruptly and opened his one eye, glaring at me.

     “Do you see any homework, huh? Didn’t think so!” He held his head high while walking forward in diva-style through the school gates and continued walking right into a guy. His eyes flew open, panicking, while he hurried apologising and bowing at the guy. I snuck up on his side.

     “You do know that he’s a freshman, right?” I whispered, and Daehyun’s face immediately turned supercilious as he marched pass the poor kid with a huge grin on his face. Aigoo, he hasn’t changed after all…

     In class, we sat a bit away from each other, only one empty seat parting us, so it was easy for us to exchange the usual glares and notes. Everything was normal: Daehyun always trying to sneak over to the seat next to me (he would always be caught and thrown right back to his own seat), one of the guys always being kicked out of the room, and the little group of girls who always gossiped and pretended to be little, fashionable dolls. The headmaster slammed the door open and marched in with a serious look on his face, glaring us all down as we quickly got up and bowed. He looked out the door with a little smile on his face.

     “Come on in!” His voice was as sweet, persuasive and creepy as a child molester’s. As a shape snuck its way to the doorway, the principal’s face turned to us and went back to the same old dead serious, military-like face. I would usually lean over to Daehyun, joking around with the principal being two-faced and former lieutenant, and Daehyun would always look forward to my new jokes, breaking out in a hysterical, childish laughter that busted us both and got us send to the principal’s office – but this time, something unexpected came through the door.

    He walked in awkwardly, almost stumbling through the door, causing everyone to laugh at him. He didn’t seem to mind, though, he just blushed and moved a little behind the principal. I caught his eyes, and we just stared at each other for ages before he hurried down to sit next to me. Daehyun’s eyes widened.

     “Y-YA! You can’t sit there! Isn’t that right JunHong-ah?” He pouted.

     “JongUp, this is my best friend and other half, Daehyun! And Daehyun, stop pouting.” I grimaced while JongUp stared at Daehyun excited. Daehyun didn’t seem to approve though.

     “Fine!” He sat back in his chair, crossed his arms and kept pouting. JongUp leaned close to me and whispered.

     “Is he always like this?”

     “YA! I HEARD THAT!” Daehyun flew from his chair. “… And don’t get that close to my man… please…” He sat down again to pout.

     “You two! Out!” The teacher’s voice cut through. “And you can join them as well, new boy!”

     “Aigoo! Every single time, Daehyun! It is always your fault!” I sighed and left the room after the girly-giggling Daehyun, JongUp looking confused but followed right behind me.

 

The first day of school went by fast accompanied by the principal, who was busy stalking everyone from his window, JongUp who showed off his dancing skills to Daehyun, and the always excited Daehyun clapping joyfully in his hands from the sight.

     “Uh! Do you know what?” Daehyun suddenly exclaimed while we walked of the principal’s office. He lowered his head a little and bit his lower lip. “H-h... Himchan is picking me up today~” His voice was low and shy. JongUp, without being into what was going on (I had a lot to ‘teach’ him before he could fully understand us, I could tell that), just broke into an even bigger smile than he already wore. We quickly separated: Daehyun following the sound of Himchan’s honking car, JongUp following me the first bit of the way before we separated, too, his last comment being:

     “You should get your crush to pick you up, too!” He smiled widely and disappeared. I pouted. Why can’t you pick me up, huh? Psht! He probably won’t even answer the door anyway… I took the chance and went to Bang Yong Guk’s apartment – I should might add that my physical fitness was becoming extremely good from all the stairs! The drum rolls of my hammering on the door wasn’t enough for anyone to open the door, so I started yelling.

     “GUKKIE! Open the door!!” Still, no one answered. “Psh, he’s probably-“ I was cut off guard by warm hands sliding around my waist. I spun around, just to look into those lovely eyes and see that wide grin plastered on his face.

     “- right here,” he finished my sentence. The soft lips were pressed lightly, yet passionately on my forehead, moving to my nose and then finally… skipping the mouth. Standing there ready to feel his lips, he moved away laughing teasingly and gently pushing me away. “I got something for you.” His hand disappeared deep into his pocket before he pulled up a leather string with a silver item hanging from it. “I got this one for you so you could go into my apartment in case I was at a meeting… I am getting quite famous, you know.” He smirked at me.

     “Uh! Let me try it!” I exclaimed, and like a cat I immediately jumped for the dangling, sparkling key, but I bumped right into Yong Guk as he pulled the string away.

     “I think we should go on a date first.” I felt a (somewhat familiar) bubbling feeling go through me, as his hand duck down my pocket, dropping of the key before sliding lightly up my upper thigh. He smiled genuinely as he laced our fingers, almost bearing me down the stairs.

     The hours went by so slow, yet too fast for us. At least I could now be utterly sure that Bang Yong Guk loved me, as he happily accepted my pleading about going to a tea café nearby… Quite a girly place, I might add. I even got permission to snap a picture of us close together with the little figured cups. All the time had been such a pleasure with Yong Guk staying close to me, putting his arm around me most of the time – unless I had ordered him to do something, as he couldn’t resist my aegyo.

     Protesting, I was dragged home by Bang Yong Guk.

     “Ya! You have to do your homework!”

     “Gukkie, pleaaase let me stay at your place, hm? Bbuing bbuing!” I could see that my horrible aegyo worked on him, and that he wanted me to join him, but he resisted.

     “Otherwise, you will get kicked out of the school, and your mother will send private detectives or something worse to get me out of the way!” My heart stopped abruptly. I am not denying that I actually believed in him.

     “Don’t leave me!” I threw my arms around his waist, standing rather awkwardly as I was a bit taller than him. “I will go now, then~ “. I looked around to see if my mother was watching from somewhere before I smacked my lips to his, leaving them with a loud mwuah-sound. The butterflies started rumbling around in my stomach, trying to leave my body, but couldn’t let them. He really does love me! I clapped my hands together like a seal while jumping down the ground of the estate.

     And I really do love him.

 

Are you guys looking forward to some HimDae-action? I thought so!
Well, you don't have to wait long! The next chapter will be up soon
~
,- Donotfear