Michael = Jude = Prince?

The City Princess

 

Halley was shocked and very sad about the news broken by her mother but she has to follow her ‘adviser’s’ order. After that day, she went straight to Genelasia in a private jet without bringing anything except some clothes and souvenirs. With the fast private jet, she arrived in less than an hour in the airport of Genelasia. She was then escorted to the kingdom’s palace where she’ll meet her new family. As she walked towards the main entrance, she passed by the royal guards who suddenly bow down as she passed by.

“Good Morning Princess Haley! I am your new adviser, Claire! But you will have to call me Madam Claire. You will have to attend some orientation at one o’clock and you will have to go to the parlor by three and – “

“Why do I have to be queen?!” asked Halley who also brought her bad vibes with her. “She can be queen and he can be king! But why me?! I’m still sixteen! I have no experience about being a queen or being a princess!”

“About that… you should attend the orientation later. And – “

“You just don’t understand me!” she shouted and ran into a random palace room. The maids were about to follow her but were stopped by the order of Madam Claire. Inside the room, she wept and wept until someone knocked on the door and came in “Are you ok, dear?”

“I’m fine mom” But when she looked up, it was Madam Claire who was beside her. “I mean, Madam Claire.”

“You can stand up now and I’ll lead you to your new room.” said Madam Claire. She got up and walked in a maze of rooms. She then knew that they’re at her new room when they suddenly stop and Madam Claire started to remind her for some things like “Prepare for the orientation, it will be in 30 minutes.” 

She went into the room and found two maids, May and April, who helped her in cleaning and dressing up. “How was your day, princess? Sorry for what happened back there” said May.

“No, it’s fine really.” Halley replied.

“Are you ready to have your final touches, your majesty?” asked April.

 “Uhh…I guess? And just call me Halley; I just don’t like feel like a princess.” She told them.

“Thanks, prin – I mean Halley” then they both giggled at the same time.

After dressing up, Halley, together with the maids, went to the living room of the palace. Then they left Halley at the door and bid farewell. When she opened the living room door, she found Madam Claire sitting on a chair with a notebook in her hand. “Finally she’s here!” she exclaimed. “Gregory can you please start the power point?”

Then the man whose name is Gregory went into a cubicle and shut the lights of for a clearer view of the presentation. “To be a queen…” Madam Claire said as she read the title. “Qualifications: One must be a descendant of a king, knows how to act properly, and has a husband and – “

“WHAT?! A HUSBAND?! So, I’m not qualified then. So can I leave now?” Halley reacted.

“Not so fast young lady. You WILL have a husband. Prince Jude, please come in!” Then a boy about her age entered the room. “Princess Halley may introduce you to your future husband, Prince Jude Collins.” He looked at Halley and smiled at her. The same sly smile and the sleek hair reminded her of someone…someone whom she saw yesterday.

“YOU?! Michael Collins?! HE?! My HUSBAND?!” she said as she jumped out of her chair.

“Surprised to see you here, Princess Halley” Michael greeted.   

“All this time Michael - I mean, Jude, ah Michael - Whatever your name is! Why didn’t you tell me that you’re a prince?! And you – “she turned to her adviser “Do you realize that I’m just SIXTEEN?!”

“Duh Halley! What do you expect?!” said Michael.

“You have no business in my life, Michael!” argued Halley.

“My name’s Jude!”

“Whatever Michael!”

“Girls!” Jude grunted.

“Boys!” Halley said, hearing what Jude said. Then they both walked out of the room.

“They will never get along with each other” Madam Claire sighed. Then she too walked out of the room.

During the whole day, Halley stayed and slept in her room and forgot about the plans for the day. But she woke up when she heard her new cell phone ring. “Hello! Who’s this?” she asked as she picked it up. “Halley! Where have you been?! We thought you’re just sick but when we went to check you at your house, you were not there and your mom told us that you left to go somewhere. But is it true, you being a princess and a queen to be?” Frances asked.

“Uh…Hi Frances! Yeah, it’s true. I’m sorry that I didn’t tell you right away. I was very preoccupied with the thought of – “

“Who are you going to marry?”

 “being que – WHAT?! Wait! How did you know that?!” Halley asked.

“The newspaper duh! So tell me who? I know it’s a prince…but prince who? Tell me!!!” Frances pleaded.

“It’s just between us, okay?” She paused for a while and inhaled. She continued and said in a very serious tone, “I’m going to marry Michael Collins!”

“MICHAEL COLLINS?! As in, Michael, the guy who bumped you, the top 1 of Class A, and my crush?!” Frances squealed.

“Yes, yes, yes and WHAT?! You have a crush on HIM?! You didn’t tell me!”

“You’re going to MARRY MICHAEL! Oh my god that’s so – “

 Then someone on the phone shouted “HALLEY’S GOING TO MARRY MICHAEL?! Give me the phone Frances! Give it to me! ....Halley! You’re going to MARRY MICHAEL?! What are you thinking? You know he’s not the one for you! He’s a – “

“Peter! I’m so sorry I didn’t tell you. But sadly, I’m going to marry that jerk! I want to go home! I miss you guys so much!”

“You’ll come back soon, okay? Promise me”

“I will. I promise” Then someone knocked on door.”I’ve got to go! I’m not allowed to take calls.”

“Halley wait! I – “

She bade goodbye just in time Jude went in. “Did your father teach you some manners?! I’m busy! Get out!” Halley shouted.

“Just a sec, okay? Before you lose your temper on me, I would like to say sorry even though I didn’t do anything wrong. Anyway, friends?” Jude said while offering his hand.

Halley, even though having some second thoughts, said “Uhh…sure. Friends”

            They shook each other’s hands and agreed to introduce themselves to each other again. “I’ll go first! Hi Princess Halley! I’m Prince Jude Collins! It’s a pleasure to meet you!” Jude said before kissing Halley’s hand and bowing.

“It’s a pleasure to meeting you! I’m Princess Halley Adams! How come you know me, Prince Jude?” she asked pretending it was for the first time.

“You’re calling me Jude now!!!” he then smiled gleefully “Well anyway, of course I have to know everything about my future wife. Shall we eat our supper, princess?” Halley agreed to eat with Jude, with her hands in his arms. But still, the arranged marriage was still bothering her and she promised herself to think of any plan to stop it.

At supper, Madam Claire told the supposed couple that they will have a specific practice every month for six months. “Why only for six months? Should we not practice for at least three years?” Halley asked this question as part of her plan.

“We’ll practice in six months only because number one, you’ll be crowned on your seventeenth birthday which falls on September 13, exactly after six months. And number two, because of a prophecy made ten years before you we’re born” Madam Claire reasoned.

“What’s the prophecy about?” Jude asked.

“The prophecy is this:

‘A girl will be born and is to be made queen.

In six month’s time and she’ll be keen.

The first month will start on the third month of the year

And will end on the fifth month before the end of the year.

Genelasia will be filled with happiness and prosperity,

During the said city girl’s supremacy.

She will be crowned exactly on her glorious day.

And with that, her rule will forever stay” she narrated.

“How did you know that it was me?” Halley asked.

Jude answered “Don’t you get it? It’s you because the king died this month which is March or the third month of the year. And during the six months, March, April, May, June, July, August, you will come to your senses and be keen or wholeheartedly want to take the throne. And the prophecy stated that the queen should be a city girl, and you are a city girl, Halley.” He smirked but continued to explain “You will be crowned on September 13 which is exactly your birthday aka your glorious day or the month after the fifth month before the end of the year which is commonly known as August. Do you now get it?”

“Yes, mister smarty pants. But is there some other royal relatives besides me who was born on September?” she asked again.

“I’m afraid there are none, princess. But there is one girl who was born on October but the prophecy clearly states that – “

“Okay” she sighed. “Now I believe that the girl in the prophecy is me”

“Good. But Halley, can you please stop cutting me off? I’m your adviser and it is natural for me to say lots of things.” Madam Claire told her.

“Yes, Madam Claire. I solemnly swear that I won’t cut you off ever again.” Halley promised.

“Okay then. This month of March, your lesson will be manners. So you have to lose impersonating characters, Halley. March is about manners, manners, and manners. Your practice session will start tomorrow at 10’o clock in the morning and ends at 6’o clock in the afternoon. You may now proceed to your respective rooms.”

Both of them went into their rooms and slept soundly.