Forever and Always

The City Princess

 

The wedding day came and visitors started flooding in. The maids again were preparing her bridal gown and the same stylist was doing her hair and make-up. “It’s only like you’ve just arrived from the city!” April told her while managing her tears. “And now you’ll get married!” And with May’s sudden exclamation, both of the maids broke into tears. “It’s okay guys! I can still see you every day” Halley comforted them.

“Time for the wedding, your highness!” Gregory said.

“I have to go! Thanks for everything!” Halley said and exited her room. She began to walk towards the main gate where a limousine was waiting for her. She was taken to a church not far from the palace. From inside the car, she saw thousands of people waiting to get a glimpse of her. She calmed herself and called Jude using her phone “Jude? What am I going to do?! Will I go straight to the podium and tell everyone that there was a mistake and I’m not the princess in the prophecy? Help me, Jude! I’m starting break into pieces”

“Relax. Do what you said. Go to the podium and tell them that you’re not the princess, your cousin is.”

“But how would they know that I’m telling the truth?” she asked.

“Don’t worry, I’ll back you up. The bell is ringing, I’ll see you in a minute! I love you! Bye!” he said.

“Love you too!” then she hanged up.

She went down the limousine and the Genelasians started to scream. She made her way to the main door of the church which was now closed so that she could have her grand entrance. Her mother then accompanied her and said “I’m very proud of you, Halley! You’re now growing up! Apparently, growing up too fast you’ll be getting married” then she broke into tears. “Don’t worry mom, I won’t get married today. Just accompany me until at the altar then I can do my thing” she reassured her.

“WHA – “

The trumpets sounded and the choir inside the church began to sing. The door of the church opened and thousands of people gasped and celebrated once they saw the bride. They walked slowly until they reached the altar where Halley’s mom gave her hand to Jude. But Jude instead of accompanying Halley to the altar, escorted her to the podium where she began to speak “Umm…hello? Umm…I would like to greet everyone a pleasant morning. As you can see, I’m standing at the podium with Jude instead of kneeling in the altar. This is because…” she took a deep breath and continued “I’m not the princess in the prophecy.  It is – “

“Oh my god! I’m so sorry we’re late as we have to finish a case! Nigel hurry up!” a woman said while rushing to take a seat.

“It is her, Alexandria, my cousin, who should be queen” Everybody’s eyes turned to Alexandria and she became like a stone for a second. “Alexandria, can you join me for a second?” Halley asked and Alexandria swiftly went into the podium with her. “When’s your birthday, Alexandria?” Halley asked.

“Umm…October 13” she answered.

“Your real birthday?”

“September 13” As soon as Alexandria said that, the visitors gasped loudly and started talking to each other.

“Why is your birthday celebrated on October 13 when you are born on September 13?” Halley asked.

“Because there was some problem in my birth certificate that’s why I celebrate my birthday on October”

“See? Alexandria do you have a boyfriend?”

“Yes. Actually he’s my fiancé already.”

“When will you get married?”

“Tomorrow”

“Can you marry him today?”

“Umm….”

“Can he marry his fiancé today, my dear Genelasians? She is the real queen and her fiancé is the new king! Am I right?” Halley asked.

“Yes!” the people replied.

“Can you marry him today?” Halley asked her again.

“Yes. I can and will marry him today!”

“Let the celebration for the new king and queen start today!” Halley shouted.

The ceremony was beautiful and peaceful. Halley became the bridesmaid while Jude became the best man. After the wedding, they proceeded to the palace where the coronation was held. Halley was very happy for the couple and the new king and queen of Genelasia. When she started to leave, Alexandria followed her. “Halley? Why are you leaving already?”

“Oh! Sorry Queen Alexandria, I was planning to go home to the city” she said.

“Just call me Alexandria! I want to ask you something…Can you and Jude stay and still be the princess and prince of Genelasia? And you’ll also be the successor of us.” Alexandria asked.

“We are honored! Thank you so much Alexandria!”

“Thank you! And as princess and princes, you have to stay with us in the palace! So don’t leave yet!”

“We won’t! Thanks again Alexandria! I have to find Madam Claire! Bye!” Halley left and found Madam Claire in the garden while talking to Jude.

“Good evening, Madam Claire!” Halley greeted.

“Oh! Hello Halley! I was telling Jude that you two could have been the greatest ruler of Genelasia.” She said.

“Yeah, we COULD have been. But because of Halley’s awareness and honesty, we ditched the throne!” Jude told her.

“Okay. I’m sorry Halley…for some problems we had together. But I will always remember that you are my best student. I have to go now! I will be the one to introduce them! Bye! And oh! By the way, I changed your dance grade into 100 because I saw the kiss. You deserved to get it!” she said and sped off.

“What?! All this time, she never told us that she saw the kiss. I thought that was ours and ours ALONE!” Jude said in disbelief.

“Just keep your cool, prince. We will soon have our time” Halley said.

“Prince?”

“Yes, Jude. You’re still a prince”

“How come?”

“Let’s just say a very important person told me that we will still be prince and princess of Genelasia and will succeed them if they die”

“Someone wants us to have our happy ever after. Do you want to be part of it?” Jude asked.

“Of course! My ending is with you!” Halley told him.

“But my ending and beginning will never be complete without you in it, Halley” he got down on one knee and said “Will you be my girlfriend?”

“I thought you’ll never ask! I am honored!” And with fireworks over their head, Jude and Halley finally found their kiss that is theirs ALONE.

During the next months, Queen Alexandria and King Nigel abolished the law that states that ‘everyone could be king or queen unless he or she hasn’t had some training’ They rewrote it and it now states that ‘a person at a standard age of 23 and above can only be made queen or king’ This was because of the situation experience by Genelasia’s newly found heroine, Halley, and of course, her boyfriend, Jude. And they lived happily ever after in a real and alive world.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Finally it is done! I will post a sequel soon :) Thanks for reading again!!!