Sixteen and ENGAGED

The City Princess

 

The month of July and a part of August were filled again with mannerisms and of course some speaking, dancing and brief introduction of being the monarchs of the kingdom. This is what they both call “ALL IN ONE” This time they’ll be tested in a real situation, their engagement party. They also practiced showing public affection to each other for the party, like the best time to kiss or hug.

“You should kiss her softly, Jude! Or else, the press will take notice of this!” Madam Claire shouted.

“Like this?” He kissed Halley, who was unaware that time.

“Yes. But Halley, you should be more alert. Jude can kiss you anytime he likes!”

“Okay! Sure, sure” Halley said. Jude kissed her again but this time she was very alert.

“Perfect!” exclaimed Madam Claire.

In short, all their actions were scripted and planned carefully. They practiced their own routines every day until the day of the engagement party.

“May, can you fix Halley’s gown? I’m fixing her shoe!” April said.

“Sure April…Faster! The stylist is coming!” May said. They hurriedly fix Halley and just in time they’re finished, the stylist arrived.

The stylist quickly styled Halley’s hair in a simple up do. Then began doing her make-up and added light touches too. “You look beautiful when you’re simple. That’s why I only added light touches of make-up to you.” The stylist exclaimed.

“Thank you very much! It’s a great honor for me to have you” Halley said.

“No, your majesty, it is mine. Better suit up for your party! Bye!” the stylist said then went away.

“Are you ready for your party, Halley?” April asked.

“Yeah, I’m thrilled” she replied.

“Now let’s get going and present the future queen of Genelasia, Princess Halley” May said while admiring her. They went out of her room and into the grand ballroom where her engagement party was held. Then she heard the speaker say “May I present to you, the future queen of Genelasia, Princess Halley Adams!” The door opened and she started to walk in the blue carpet. Keep your chin up and smile, she thought while seeing hundreds of people in the room. When she reached the middle of the room, everybody bowed down to her. She bowed back and began to mingle with her visitors. But as if she doesn’t know, the trumpet sounded and Jude entered the room. He got a microphone and went to Halley, got down on one knee and said “Princess Halley, will you marry me?” while opening the ring case.

Of course, Halley accepted and shared their kiss as an engaged couple to the world. Cameras flashing and people screaming instantly filled the world of the then simple girl to a newly engaged princess. She spent the rest night mingling with guest with her hand in Jude’s hand.

The next morning, she woke up and found Jude’s face on top of her “Good morning, dear princess!” Jude greeted her and swooped down to kiss her cheek.

“Good morning! What happened last night? All I know that I was just mingling with the guest when suddenly I’m here!” she asked.

“Don’t worry. That is just some problems a future queen gets when she became very nervous. We left the party early and went to your room where both of us swiftly fell asleep.” He told her.

“Ohh…any plans for the remaining days before the wedding?” Halley asked.

“None. Care for a walk in the garden?” Jude asked back.

“Sure”

After eating breakfast, they went to the garden where they spent their whole day. “I just realized that soon we’re not going to be prince and princess anymore. Soon, I’ll be king and you’ll be my que – can I say the word?” Jude said.

“Go ahead”

“my queen” he finished.

“ Is it bothering you that you’ll have to marry me even though you’re still seventeen  and you don’t like it?” Halley asked.

“Yeah it’s bothering me that I have to be king in an early age and also about marriage. At first I was like ‘Who am I going to marry? I’m too young to be a father and a husband. But when father told me it was you, I was like, ‘JACKPOT!’ but still having you as my wife in this age really bothers me. I mean can it be when we’re already 23 or older?” he said.

“I got the same feeling except it’s still bothering me bothering up to now. I mean look! We’re engaged and we will be crowned on my birthday which is exactly fourteen days away. But do you really like me to be your wife, I mean to be part of your life?” she asked once more.

“Yeah, I would love to have you as a part of my life ever since the day that I saw you. You know, I have loved you since we were kids and used to be in the same classroom before the rule of having classes based on intelligence was implemented. Do you remember that I used to give you some chocolate hearts during Valentine’s Day?”

“I remember that! And the part where I kiss you to say thank you!”

“I’m giving you chocolates because of that kiss. I miss that so much but the current kisses are so much better! But remember the day before you leave the school? I bumped into you right and caused your books to fall but I didn’t help you it’s because during the same day, my father told me about the marrying you and being king. I was completely out of myself during that day!” he said.

“I surely remember that! I began calling you jerk ever since that day, no offense! But know I now the real reason behind it” she said and smiled at Jude.

“But one thing I want to ask is…Halley, do you love me?”

“Even though I don’t want to marry you, I love you Jude!” she said then laughed.

“So you’re willing to be my princess forever?” he asked again.

“Of course, as long as you’re my prince charming” she said.

“I will always be your prince” he said then sighed. He lay down on the grass let Halley’s head rest on his chest.