September 13

The City Princess

 

Days passed and Halley found herself at the day before the wedding. Flowers were being carried and songs were being practiced. They were all prepared except her. She found time to go around the castle and try opening some secret passage ways. Her first try was unsuccessful but her second try lead her into a place where family properties were stored. She found some old photographs of the king, her grandfather, and the queen, her grandmother. Then she saw a huge family tree. She began searching for her name and saw it at the very bottom of it. But at her side, she saw a familiar face of a close relative. She began searching her mind for some memories when a single toy flashed into her mind. The girl on the picture was the one who gave Halley her favorite toy, a Barbie doll. Her name was Alexandria and she was born on September 13, 1988. She then realized that she’s not the only one whose birthday was on September 13! She must be the girl in the prophecy!, Halley thought. Halley rushed to tell Madam Claire about this but Madam Claire just shook her head and just said that it was nonsense. When she finally gave up in persuading Madam Claire that she’s not the one in the prophecy, she went into one of the council members and told him the story.

“No! That is not true! Alexandria was born on October 13! I know it! She’s my niece!” the councilman exclaimed.

“Maybe they got her birthday wrong in her birth certificate?” she told him.

“No! What you’re saying is not true! Good day young lady!” then she left him.

She went into Jude’s room and told him what she saw. “Then it’s not you who is in the prophecy?” he asked.

“Yeah, I’m not the one. We can live simple lives, Jude!” she said while began jumping.

“But not for me…Do you realize that I have to marry her?!” he asked.

“No…wait WHAT?! You have to marry her?! She’s going to turn 24 and she’ll have a 17 year old boy for a husband? That will certainly not happen! But if it did, I will just marry you instead!” she said.

“Really?! You will?”

“Yeah, I will. But I know that it’ll never ha – “ Then Jude kissed her unexpectedly and she began to feel weak because of it. It’s like a kiss that the life out of you, she said mentally. He wrapped his arms around her while she put her arms around his neck. “No matter what happens tomorrow, I will always love you!” Jude said.

“I’ll love you more!” she said as she hugged Jude tightly.