Confessions....

The City Princess

 

The next day, Halley woke up because of some hush voices inside her room. At first, she thought that there were ghost in her room but when her eyes started to adjust, she saw Peter and Frances exchanging whispers.

“Oh my god! You’re here!” she said as she swiftly sat up on the bed.

“Uhh…Halley?” Frances said while pointing to Jude.

“What?” she looked around and saw Jude beside her. “JUDE?! Wake up! Wake up! What are you doing here?!” she said as she repeatedly shook him.

“Hmm???” Jude rubbed his eyes and said, “Good morning, princess. Wait! WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM?!”

“Me?! In your room?! The question is, WHAT ARE YOU DOING IN MY ROOM?” she replied. Jude looked around and sure enough, he was in Halley’s room. “What am I doing here? Oh! Hi Peter! Hi Frances!” Frances blushed a little and waved at Jude while Peter, still in disbelief, walked out of the room.

“Peter!” Halley jumped out of the bed and started racing towards Peter still wearing her pajamas. When she finally had caught up with Peter in the garden she asked, “What’s up with you?!”

“What’s up with me? The question is what’s up with you, Halley?! You never called us or even texted us because you’re just too busy with your husband!” Peter shouted.

“WHAT?! So that’s your problem? I never called or texted you because I’m not allowed to do so. And Jude is not my husband!” she shouted back.

“But he WILL be, Halley! Quit closing your eyes and face the truth! He WILL be your husband and you WILL be his QUEEN!”

“DON’T EVER TALK TO ME ABOUT BEING QUEEN! I’m so sick and tired of this! All I want is to have a simple life while I got pushed to do things I don’t want to do. Do you know how it feels, Peter?! DO YOU?!” she asked while yelling.

“I KNOW HOW IT FEELS, OKAY! I was forced to quiet down so that MICHAEL can marry you in peace! Yes, Halley! I LOVE YOU! I’m just too little too late to admit! But since you’re fine without me, I’ll leave you alone. I’m going back to Frances so we can go home” Peter finally said then walked out.

Halley was left in the garden alone. She was shocked until she can’t hold her emotions anymore. She sat down and began sobbing hard. Then Jude suddenly came running to Halley “Halley! Calm down! They won’t leave, I promise! Let’s eat breakfast with them. Come on, stand up, Halley” Halley began standing up but she started becoming dizzy and then she fainted.

Halley woke up the following day in her room finding Jude sleeping while sitting beside her. She then remembered Peter and Frances. She began getting out of bed when suddenly Jude stopped her.

“You have to rest, Halley. You fainted because of stress.” Jude said.

“Why won’t I have stress when after two months I’ll be crowned queen of Genelasia? I have to find them!” she said.

“You won’t. They already left” and with that Halley fainted again. The next day, she heard some voices in her room. “She has to learn Genelasia’s history today or she’ll be ashamed in her future press conferences!”

“No, she has to rest until tomorrow then she can do whatever she wants to!”

“Peter? Frances?” she mumbled.

“She’s awake!”

“Halley, just rest” Jude said as he began rubbing her hand. Then someone said, “The doctor had just arrived!”

“Thank you Robert! Let him proceed” Madam Claire said. The doctor then entered the room and took Halley’s blood pressure. “I’m afraid that Princess Claire has low blood pressure let her rest at least two days” the doctor said.

“You see, Madam Claire? You just don’t understand caring for someone you love the most? She may not be my future wife or girlfriend, but I still treat her like one. Because I LOVE HER! You just don’t understand…” Jude sobbed for the first time.

“Okay then. I’ll postpone history lessons until she gets better. But you have to stay here and protect her, okay? I have to go; I have duties to attend to. Come with me doctor” Madam Claire said then left with the doctor.

“What’s happening? When is history lessons starting?” Halley asked unaware.

“It will start until you get better. Just sleep and relax.” He said.

“Can you sleep with me?”

“Anything for you, princess” They slept together but Jude wakes up from time to time to check on her.