BUSTED!

The City Princess

 

After two days, Halley got better and decided to call Peter and Frances.

“Hello?”                                                           

“Hi Frances! This is Halley. Is everything okay?” she asked.

“Everything is okay for me except for the part you’ll marry Jude. Anyways, Peter ran away and stayed in a hotel near Genelasia, I think.” Frances told her.

“What hotel? Do you have his cellphone number?” she asked.

“Hotel Ghaen. It’s a weird name, I know. Yes I have his cellphone number” Frances then gave the number to Halley.

“Thanks! Will you guys go to the party?” she asked again.

“What party? Oh…your engagement party. I’m afraid we will not go…Bye Halley! I seriously have to go! Bye!” Frances said and hung up. She began texting Peter to meet her in Park Swayn. Then she rushed to her history lesson where she found Jude reciting while standing.

“Good morning Madam Claire! I’m sorry I’m late I –“

“Halley! You’re okay!” Jude exclaimed while walking swiftly to help her. “Don’t stress yourself too much okay?”

“I’m fine Jude! So what did I miss?”

Madam Claire started to explain some things she can’t understand. Then began giving dates and names of people. She finally rested her head full of history when they went back to bed. When she checked her cellphone, she saw Peter’s reply that they can meet tonight at midnight at Park Swayn. Halley told Jude about this and decided that they’ll sneak off. They prepared their things and some money before leaving. They used a secret passage way, they walked, and climbed the railings just to exit the palace. They arrived at Park Swayn exactly at midnight. And there he was, sitting on a bench. Jude stayed hidden behind the tree so not to get noticed but made an effort to see what’s going on.

“Peter!” Halley said.

“Halley!” Peter hugged her. “I’m so sorry about what I said! It’s just that you never been the same since you’ve been with Michael”

“His name is not Michael, Peter. It’s Jude. Anyway, I’ve been like that because of these royal stuffs.” She said.

“So no hard feelings?” asked Peter.

“No hard feelings” replied Halley

“Friends?” he asked again.

“Friends” Halley confirmed.

The two talked about what they miss in school and what happened in their families while Jude patiently kept an eye on them. “So what does it feels like to be a princess and a queen-to-be?” Peter asked.

“Nothing special. You just get pushed and pushed until you fall but you’ll get back up again and you still get pushed.” Halley related.

“So you two are dating?”

“Us? No. We’re not dating” she defended.

“But you will be?”

“I think so. Besides, after two months I’m going to marry him whenever I like him or not.”

“But do you like him?”

“I like him a lot. I am beginning to think that he could be a great king of Genelasia” Upon hearing this, Jude screamed so loudly that Peter and some people in the park could hear him. “So that’s Michael I mean…Jude?”

“Yeah! Jude you can appear now!” Halley yelled and in an instant Jude appeared and ran towards Halley. “So you two be a good couple, okay? I’ll be heading home tonight. Good night! And Halley! Don’t forget that I still love you okay? Bye!” Peter said as he walked away to catch a bus.

“Bye! He still loves you, doesn’t he?” Jude teased Halley.

“Whatever Jude! We have to go home!” she replied.

“But what you said is true right?” he asked.

“Yes. Completely and absolutely 100 percent true!” she said.

“YES!” Jude shouted again. He kissed Halley again and grabbed her by the hand. “Shall we go home my dear princess?”

“Yes. We certainly need to go home!” They started walking swiftly to the palace and climbed the fence again. Then they used the passage way and slept again in Halley’s room.

The next morning, they ate their breakfast with the all staff’s eyes fixed upon them. They continued to eat in silence but then Madam Claire shouted “You shouldn’t have gone away from the palace! Look at this! Both of you are in the cover of today’s newspaper!  ‘Queen-to-be Princess Halley shared a public kiss with Prince Jude’!”

“So what’s wrong with that?!” Jude asked. “We just showed our love to others. That’s what you want right? So they’ll know what a happy prince and princess we are!”

“It’s not about public display of affection. It’s about you two getting out of the palace during midnight! What if something happened? What if Halley is kidnapped? What if – “

“Stop your ‘what ifs’ Madam Claire. Nothing happened! We’re safe here and we promise not to do it again okay? Just chill! We still have our history lessons later. Keep your cool” Halley said then sent a wink to Jude.

During the month full history lessons, Halley’s head was going to pop while of course, Mr. Top 1 took this calmly but seriously. Their last test, as Madam Claire said, was going to be written. But again with preparation, both did well in their test and passed.