Halley Adams - THE FUTURE QUEEN OF GENELASIA!

The City Princess

 

School had just started and Halley Adams already feels so stressed. She walked out of the Class C classroom at the exact moment the dismissal bell rang. Carrying heavy books, she walked slowly towards her locker which was unfortunately very far away from her classroom. “Halley! Wait up!” She turned around and saw her two best friends for life, Peter and Frances. She stopped for a moment to wait for them. But suddenly, someone bumped her and caused all her books to fall. She began picking up her books from the ground while her best friends rushed to help her. “Umm…Sorry?” said Michael, aka Mr. Top 1 of Class A, then walked away. “Hey! You should help her pick up her things! You’re the one who bumped her!” shouted Peter. “Shut up, Peter. You’re creating a commotion here.” growled Halley.

After her classes, Halley and her friends went to the mall to eat. “This is the best chicken I’ve ever tasted!” said Frances. “I’ve been eating this since I was a kid!” proudly said Peter. But Halley ate in silence, not wanting to start a conversation. But then she saw a bright camera flash that made her startled but she just ignored it and continue eating. But then again, she saw a camera flash this time accompanied by some stares. This made Halley ask a question to her friends “Is it just me or it’s the people staring at us?”

Peter and Frances looked around and there they saw babbling people with eyes fixed upon them. “Do you know them?” asked Peter.

 “No! How should I know them?!” Halley answered back. They continued eating without speaking when a reporter suddenly came to their table.”Good Afternoon!” he greeted.

“Uhh…good afternoon?” Halley said.

“Are you Halley Adams?” asked the reporter. “Uhh…yes.”

“How do you feel about being next in line for the throne?” “WHAT?!” Halley said surprised.

The reporter repeated his question again but still Halley doesn’t know what he’s talking about. “Umm…sir, I think you have the wrong girl.” Peter finally said. “Yeah! She’s just a normal girl!” Frances seconded.

“But I thought her name is Halley Adams” the reporter asked confused.

“Umm…that’s my name, yes. But what throne? I’m not related to any royal family and such!” Halley told him.

“Not related to any royal family? Are you fooling me? You’re name is on the paper of this day! You’re Halley Adams! The granddaughter of King James, a princess, and future queen of Genelasia!” he shouted. Halley was shocked as she really knows she has no connection to any royalty. But could his deceased father be a prince? Still dumbfounded, Halley got up and left with her friends, leaving a trail of dozens of reporters behind.

Halley walked home quietly and silently. And with each step, dozens of questions pop in her head. When she reached her house, her mother greeted her joyfully, “How was your day at school?” “Fine” was the only thing she could say. “What’s wrong, dear?” her mother asked. “Well…we just ate in the mall with dozens of paparazzi taking my pictures!” she said angrily. “You never told anything to me about dad. You just told me that he just died from an accident. And that’s all!”

“He did die from an accident. But I’m afraid it’s time to tell you the truth…Sit.” They sat on the sofa in silence. “Halley…you’re father is the prince of Genelasia, a kingdom far away from the city. I know you haven’t heard anything about Genelasia because it is a well hidden palace in the north. As daughter of a deceased prince, you will succeed your father as the new princess of Genelasia. I haven’t told you this because I was afraid of affecting your life as a teenager. But now you know…” her mother confessed.

“But what will I do?” asked Halley with eyes filled with tears. She continued, “Will I go to Genelasia? The reporter also told me that I would be queen! What’s the connection of that to being a princess?!”

“Madam Claire called me – she will be your adviser – about that. She confirmed that you’ll be queen of Genelasia and that is why you should go to her.” Her mother said.

“Well, where is she? I can walk for hours, you know” Halley boasted.

“About that” her mother told her “you will have to ride a plane because…you’re going to her...in Genelasia.”