Instant. Fireworks.

Mismatched Love

 

The black of course was from me shutting my eyes tightly, bracing for impact.

 

The impact which I felt however was not the kind I was expecting.

 

I felt something, or rather someone, knock into me as they pushed me out of the road in an effort to save my life. I hit the sidewalk hard which caused a feeling similar to that of one thousand volts of electricity to surge through my body.

 

Pain didn’t seem to have a long-lasting effect on me though so I just writhed around for about ten seconds before getting pissed off at whoever just “saved my life”.

 

I sat up, vision still blurry, and I rubbed my head. I could see the outline of my “saviour” next to me but I still couldn’t process their face yet. I sat still for a couple more seconds to regain composure until I couldn’t wait anymore, I just wanted to take my heels off and bash the person’s head in.

 

So I whipped my head to the side and shouted, “YAH!! WHO THE F—“

 

My sentence was cut off as my eyes focused on the very last person I expected to see.

 

Kai: What? It’s me, Kai. Did you hit your head that hard? Ughhh, you can’t have amnesia. This isn’t one of those dramas. I—

 

He tried to get up but he just winced and rubbed his head. I guess he hit the sidewalk hard too.

 

Me: A-are you alright…?

 

Wait. What. I didn’t care about his wellbeing. Psht.

I groaned.

 

Me: Why’d you do that for!? I was perfectly fine with being killed. My life isn’t worth anything anymore anyways…

 

Ugh. Why did I have to say that last line!? This was no time for alliteration. And surely not the time to sound pathetic.

 

I looked down because I sounded positively pathetic… and to who? The first person who had ever made me (feel) that way.

 

Another warm tear fell.

 

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Kai’s head turn in my direction. His facial expression was a mixture of concern and anger. He grabbed my shoulders and lifted me up in a way that was rough yet still so gentle. I tried to protest but moving so quickly made me feel like all the air had been knocked out of me so all that came out of my mouth was a sound worthy of a mighty mouse.

 

Kai: What?! What do you mean your life isn’t worth anything!? And why are you crying!?

Me: I’m not crying, you idiot, can’t you see it’s raining.

 

 I sniffled.

 

Me: That wasn’t part of crying either, I- I’m just catching a cold that’s all. Newborns have stronger immune systems than me…

 

He gave me a look that told me he knew I was lying.

 

Kai: If I told you I believed you, lightning would strike me this instant. Also, I don’t know what that jerk did to you but I sure as hell won’t stand for it. Okay?

Me: What jerk…? There’s no jerk.

Kai: Yes, there is. THE jerk.  Ji Yong.

 

I gasped and looked away.

 

Me: He didn’t do anything.

Kai: Oh yeah? So I guess you and Ji Yong are all fine and in love and neither of you will mind if I take you to that party right now?

 

He wouldn’t dare!

 

Me: Yes. Yes, we’re both fine and in love and whatnot. But you can’t take me to that party. I don’t know if your eyes function like a regular human’s should but I’m basically soaked right now.

Kai: Huh! You’re both great right? Look me in the eyes and say that.

 

I turned and looked him straight in the eyes.

 

Me: Ji… Ji…Ji Yong and I are… we’re…

 

I couldn’t do it.

 

Kai: Exactly.

 

I looked at him again as I bit my lip in frustration.

 

Me: Ugh! Just let me go!

 

I tried to free myself from his grip but it didn’t work. He was too strong for me. I liked it. Wait. No I didn’t. Why did he make me feel so confused???

 

Me: Umm, can you let me go? I really don’t like the rain.

 

Lie.

 

Kai: That’s a lie. I remember you talking about how much you love the rain. You feel as if it’s God’s tears of joy falling on you as if to say He’s proud of you.

 

I looked at him surprised. He remembered that!?

 

Me: I also said they could be tears of sorrow. Which these tears probably are since I’m so pitiful.

Kai: STOP THAT!

 

He looked mad. But like a caring kind of mad.

 

Kai: Stop saying those things about yourself! Just STOP. This isn’t the Myeong Yi I know… and… and…

 

AND WHAT!?!?

 

He let his gaze trace the lining of the glow of the nearest streetlight on the sidewalk and sighed. He looked at me again.

 

Kai: Young swan, so eloquent in thy grace; Those who depress thy countenance, are a mere disgrace. I’ve never seen one as beautiful as thee, please take mine hand and finally feel free.

 

I was speechless. This amazing being…how could he be so …perfect?! My heart was racing. I think he knew what he was doing to me since he smirked. I didn’t like this… I didn’t like it one bit!

 

He began leaning towards me…closer…closer yet… why wasn’t I moving away but instead attempting to close the gap between us!? Why wasn’t I reaching out to slap him but instead I was reaching towards his neck to pull him closer to me?!

 

 Aigoo.

 

Then, finally, our lips touched.

 

Instant. Fireworks.

 

He pressed his lips harder yet and I could feel the passion growing. Right there, in the middle of the street. I could imagine how odd we looked just there together showing such PDA. But I didn’t care. I let him lead and I just followed. One of his hands trailed from my back to my waist which sent a shiver up my spine. Curse all matter in the universe for me having a sensitive waist. -__-

 

I knew that shiver made him happy for whatever strange reason since I could feel his lips curving into a smile. For that period of time that we remained in each other’s arms, I think we forgot that we were still humans who required this thing called oxygen.

 

However, Kai seemed to remember as he finally let me go. Not that I wanted him to let go. I was somewhat disappointed as I felt his touch disappear. By his touch I mean his lips. He was still holding me and he was still oh so close. If he had let me go completely, I would have yanked him back.

 

He was breathing hard… as if our kiss was too much for him to handle. ;)

 

We stared into each other’s eyes, the fiery passion still very much there… but I began to feel dizzy…my vision became blurred… and then… darkness.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Been away for a while. Mian. v_v

Two more chapters. Woohoo~ ;3

I hope you all have been enjoying your holidays! ^_^

A little more than an hour again until 2013 for me... HAPPY NEW YEAR!! Hehe~ x3