Such A Lovely Surprise.

Mismatched Love

 

I paced up and down, like I always did when I didn’t know what the heck was going on.

 

A party? Ji Yong was having a party? And he didn’t even invite me!?

Wait. I am his girlfriend after all, I’m sure it’s just understood that I’m invited… of course. That MUST be it!

I continued to pace while trying to convince myself that I was expected to be there, that Ji Yong didn’t find it necessary to tell me about it since it’s understood that I would be invited…

Ahhh, who am I kidding! He’s still mad at me and didn’t even invite me to his birthday party… this .

I had been so lost in thought that I hadn’t even realized my family members had been sitting there staring at me for approximately fifteen minutes.

 

Minki: Woooooooooooooow. O_o

Minho: Are you okay…? I’ve never seen you flail and mumble inaudibly to yourself that much. o.o I’m scared for you noona.

 

My mom and dad were peeking at us from the kitchen, looking just as creeped out as my brothers. Mi Young just sat on the sofa facepalming herself and rubbing her temples hard as if she had a migraine.

 

Mi Young: Alright. I can’t take this. Minki, get your up. Let’s see if those fighting skills of yours are of any use. Myeong, what’s this guy’s address?

Me: W-what? Who—what—who said I was stressed out over a guy? Psht. Hah. No.

 

Mi Young lowered her gaze, her eyes fixed on me and staring into my soul. It burned.

 

Mi Young: , jebal. I know you better than you know yourself and I haven’t even seen you for much of your life.

Me: No, no, seriously. It’s not about any guy. I’m just being a teenager, you know. Contemplating life… hating everything… yeah… you know, the whole SHABANG.

 

Mi Young snorted.

 

Mi Young: HAH. Like I would believe that. Anyways, what’s wrong? Did Ji Yong not invite to his party or something?

 

My head turned swiftly in her direction.

 

Did EVERYONE know about this party besides me?

 

Me: H-how did you know about his party?

Mi Young: I have my sources… but don’t tell me he actually did that… he didn’t, right?

Minki: Because I’ll kill him.

Mi Young: I doubt you’d get to him first, dear brother.

 

I gulped, possibly louder than I had wanted to. I didn’t want them finding out, if anyone thought I was vicious, only God knows what they’d think of my family.

 

Me: No. Of course not. If he did that, you wouldn’t even get to him first, unnie.

Mi Young: That's my girl. :3 Then what seems to be the problem?

Me: NOT-A-THING.

 

I dashed up the staircase before she could tell me about how much she sensed my lies.

I sat on the little purple chair in my room with so much force that I almost fell backwards. Wouldn’t that be nice, to go to Ji Yong’s party with a busted head. No. No that would not be nice.

After a few hours of intense self-motivation and convincing, I decided that I would go to Ji Yong’s party. Of COURSE he had meant to invite me. It probably slipped his mind to tell me about it with all the preparations he most likely had to do.

So that was that. I was going. For sure. If I didn’t chicken out… but yes, FOR SURE.

I even knew what I was going to wear.

I giggled to myself in a maniacal sort of glee which scared me. I then ran downstairs to ask Mi Young where the party would be held and at what time. Also any other important details of course which I’m sure she had since I knew of her many reliable “sources”. I had to ask in a casual sort of way though, as if I already knew but forgot or something or else she would catch on to reality.

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~SATURDAY~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

 

I was wearing a white dress ( http://www.msdressy.com/images/10-31dress/a-line-one-shoulder-short-mini-organza-white-party-dress-with-beadingoctfh003.jpg ). It was positively astonishing… however, I doubt it looked that great on me. It was one of simplicity and elegance. Simply elegant. My mom had gotten it for me to go to some fancy dinner we were invited to. I profusely declined and prompted for jeans and a t-shirt. She told me the white was supposed to represent my purity. That even though I had a very hard external shell, there was still that pure soul worthy of a newborn within me. Despite her gracefully articulated, and quite convincing, explanation, I still declined because I doubted highly that I could rock a one shoulder dress… or any dress at that.

However, now was the time to try.

My hair hung in loose curls (with a cute silver hair clip in front - http://img3.etsystatic.com/006/0/5410058/il_570xN.375549691_8eeg.jpg) and my make-up reflected the same elegant simplicity of the dress. Of course, I got Mi Young to do these things for me… if I had done them I would have burnt myself with the curling iron and stuck myself in the eye with the eyeliner. Then I would have looked like the bride of Frankenstein. The Bride of Frankenstein with a pretty dress.

I clopped out of our driveway in my heels (http://images.madeinchina.com/B3680FA3A734CDABE040007F01005206/512/7916512_1/2011-style-diamond-s-red-sole-heel-pumps-shoes_7916512_1.jpg ) while clutching my fur coat (http://www.redbookmag.com/cm/redbook/images/uV/white-coat-faux-fur-1-1110-mdn.jpg ). I was also trying to supress my feelings towards the earrings ( http://www.avervenus.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/09/House-of-Harry-Winston%E2%80%99s-diamond-drop-earrings.bmp ) I was wearing. I never wore earrings because they irritated me a lot but if I hadn’t worn these, Mi Young would have ran over me with a tractor. While trying to maintain my composure, I attempted to gracefully walk to my mom’s car where she found joy in laughing at how uncomfortable I looked.

I grimaced and yelled at her as we headed towards the venue which was the ballroom of some expensive hotel. I knew it was expensive because it had some fancy French name that would make me choke if I tried to pronounce it. My mom made me laugh when she tried too since she almost bit her tongue.

All of this joy was cut short a little too soon as a tall and stately building came into view. The… the… ohdeargawd, no, I’m not attempting that name again before I end up like my mom.

I bid my mom goodbye and stepped out of the car, fully remembering that I had to keep up a façade of poise and grace.

I waltzed into the lobby and talked to the odd looking concierge who proceeded to look quite starstruck and then led me into the ballroom.

There were a lot of people in there. Some I knew and many I didn’t know. What was certain was that Ji Yong was quite the popular person. There were guys in exquisite tuxedos and girls in majestic gowns. Thank God I had decided to wear the dress instead of my usual jeans and T-shirt.

As I meandered nervously through the clusters of elated ladies and gents who were chattering loudly, everyone began turning around to look at me. The more clusters I passed, the quieter the place got. I didn’t like this attention! If I looked gross, they could just ignore it, they didn’t have to stare. Then the whispering began. Oh God no, not the whispering. I looked down at my feet and laughed timidly. I didn’t want to make eye contact with any of these people who were now clearly murmuring about me. As soon as I thought I would burst from the explosive anxiousness I felt, I heard my name being called.

“Oh, hey Myeong Yi!”

I looked up only to see Taehyun.

 

Me: Uhh, hi T-Taehyun…

 

I rubbed my arm in the sheer awkwardness I was feeling.

 

Taehyun: Waaaaaaw, you look amazing!

Me: …what?!

Taehyun: I said you look amazing. Ji’s a lucky guy. I think I saw him over there ya know. I think he’s with Jung Ah. Isn’t she your best friend? Glad to see all three of you guys are such good friends. Anyways, I gotta head back, save me a dance will ya? That is, if Ji Yong won’t mind.

He winked and then left but I really hadn’t internalized a word he said after “Jung Ah”. My only thoughts were angered repetitions of “what is she doing here!?”

I started looking through the crowd frantically. Why did Ji Yong have to have so many friends?!?! The place had regained its noisy ambiance but there were still murmurings as I passed each group. Now I knew why. Then I finally saw them. Ji Yong and Jung Ah. Together. Not apart like I enjoyed them but together.

I slowly walked up to them. I didn’t want to walk any faster since I wasn’t sure what emotion I was feeling and I might have had to have been taken away by the authorities.

As I got closer to them, they finally noticed my presence.

Ji Yong: M-M-Myeong Yi…?

Jung Ah: Oh, hi. Such a lovely surprise. What’s brings you here?

 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well isn't this a lot later than I had expected to post.

MIANHAEYOOOOO.

I had exams... then I got sick. My voice is currently dancing between "Hey, I'm sick!" and "prebuscent boy" .____.

Anyways, I shall now dub myself Queen of Short Chapters.

Cuz this was short and so will the next chapter... because I like my chapters to end at certain points xP

I might write that and post it later so WOOOO. DOUBLE UPDATE. I guess.

Kbye. ENJOY~ ^_^ <333