Xiumin - When You're Sick

EXO-M Scenarios
Please log in to read the full chapter

requested by kpopscenelove (tumblr)

Beep. Beep. Beep.

Your arm shot out from under your covers, fumbling for your alarm for a few moments before finally finding the accursed lump of plastic and metal, slamming your hand down on the top and burrowing back into your blankets, eager to be enveloped by the warmth as long as you possibly could.

It was definitely not a good morning.

Your head throbbed, and all you wanted to do was go back to sleep. You hadn't felt so great last night, either, but you'd just brushed it off and thought you'd be better in the morning.

Obviously, that didn't work out so great for you.

Groaning, you reached out of the covers again to grab your phone and fired off a quick text to your friend to tell her that you wouldn't be able to make it to school today, then wrapped yourself up in your comforter.

You couldn't really have gotten sick at any worse time—your boyfriend, Minseok, had finally managed to snag a free day, and the two of you were going to meet up later that evening. You really didn't want to cancel, since the two of you had been looking forward to this for a long time, and you didn't want him to have to worry about you on top of everything else that was going on.

Well... maybe if I sleep it off, it'll get better.

~*~*~*~*~

Unfortunately, things didn't get better at all. If anything, your headache had gotten worse, your nose was somewhat congested, and your throat felt slightly raw when you woke up again later that afternoon.

You tilted your head up to look at the time, only to find that it was already five in the evening and Minseok would be coming to pick you up soon.

So with much difficulty, you hauled yourself out of bed, showered, and brushed your teeth. You stared into the mirror above your sink and winced slightly—you didn't really look so great. You had dark shadows under your eyes, and your skin had a slightly pallid tone to it.

Sighing, you returned to your room and got dressed, wearing a warm sweater so that you wouldn't get cold, especially since your immune system was compromised. Once you finished that, you returned to the bathroom to apply some makeup, making sure to conceal your undereye circles and sweep some blush on your cheeks so that you didn't look so... well... dead tired.

Right when you finished, the doorbell rang.

"I'll be right there!" you called, but regretted it soon after, since speaking so loudly strained your throat. You grabbed your bag and walked to the entryway, peeking through the spyhole in the door to make sure that it was Minseok out there and not some creep.

You opened the door, and your boyfriend immediately embraced you, always one to enjoy skinship. "Hey jagi, how're you doing?"

"I'm alright,

Please log in to read the full chapter