Tao - If Happy Ever After Did Exist

EXO-M Scenarios
Please log in to read the full chapter

based on real life that happened to me over the summer

“We’re best friends, aren’t we?”

“Of course we are.” You smiled up at Tao, eyes crinkling in joy. You hadn’t known him for very long, less than a year, even, but he had somehow wormed his way in and become one of your best friends. It had been a long and eventful year, but you were finally graduating, and you couldn’t wait to finally move on to high school. Middle school was definitely one experience that you wanted to put behind you.

“You’ll keep in touch with me, right?” Tao’s eyes were big, and he seemed legitimately scared that you wouldn’t talk to him anymore.

“Of course I will, you crazy panda. We’re going to the same high school too, calm down.” You laughed and hit him on the arm. He had a tendency to overreact a lot, but it was kind of funny.

After tons and tons more pictures, tears, and promises to talk to others, it was all finally over. You returned home and flopped on your bed, too lazy to change out of the polyester gown.

I finally made it. I can’t believe it.

~*~*~*~*~

The beginning of summer was uneventful. You mostly spent your time on the computer, watching random Korean variety shows with your favorite idols on them. You occasionally chatted with Tao on Facebook or other IM sites.

But one day, everything changed for the worse.

peachpandatao: im goin to a diff school D:

saranghaekpop: wtf??? why???

peachpandatao: cuz i am… i might be able to try and get into a diff school but ill prob end up goin to one in a different city…

saranghaekpop: i hope u can still get in :(

peachpandatao: me too >__<

You were worried that you wouldn’t be able to talk to your best friend anymore. Of course you had other friends, but best friends are best friends for a reason.

~*~*~*~*~

Over the summer, you saw Tao in person once, when you and several other friends went to watch the last Harry Potter movie. You were totally stoked, as you were a huge Harry Potter fan, and couldn’t wait to see the epic conclusion to the saga.

Tao… not so much.

“Hey.” Tao poked you in the arm. “What’s happening?”

You rolled your eyes and ate some more popcorn. “They’re trying to find the horcruxes!”

“Oh.” A few seconds of silence passed. “What’s a horcrux?”

~*~*~*~*~

School started again, and you were super happy. A lot of your friends went to your high school, and you made a lot of new friends too. There was even a Korean club, which you eagerly joined.

But even so, you found yourself missing Tao.

So when one day he called you and told you that he would be there, you were eager to see him. You waited for several hours after school, waiting for him to appear.

“Hey!” he yelled, smiling as he approached.

“Oh. Hey, Tao,” you replied, trying to play things cool in front of him.

“So… what’s up? How’s school going? Man, I hate my school. Everyone’s so ghetto there…”

You laughed as you listened to Tao’s exaggerations of how horrible his school was, and how much he wanted to go to school with you.

“I think school’s okay. A lot of people are kinda wannabe-ish I guess, but most of them are okay.”

Tao looked scandalized. “OKAY? IT’S ONLY OKAY? What’s wrong with you? This school is the best!”

You rolled your eyes. “I’ve gotta go home now, Tao. See you later.”

“Next week?”

“Sure.”

~*~*~*~*~

Tao visited every week. It turns out that he was part of a club that met at your school. He wasn’t really interested, but he came so that he could visit you and the

Please log in to read the full chapter