Remembering Us

Remember Me

 

"Well I'm happy to say that you have made great progress with your Amnesia." The doctor informed you with a smile.

You nod happily, "I'm glad to hear that, I know I still have many things to remember, but knowing that I have the ability to get my memories back is enough." 

The doctor nods in agreement, "It's very much guaranteed that you will remember everything you forgot now that your Amnesia is no longer major." He explains.

You smile as he closes his folder and looks back at you, "Well then, let’s get that cast off, shall we?" The doctor asks as he leads you another room.

"Definitely, I can't wait to get this thing off." You say as you follow him.

It had been three months since everything that had happened on that rainy August day. Hyo had been arrested and sent to jail, and even though you had nightmares from the incident you still felt happier now. You felt right at home in the place you were with life now, and that always put a smile on your face.

"Let me know if anything happens with your Amnesia, alright?" The doctor says.

You nod at the doctor before bending down and slipping your newly un-casted foot into your shoe and tying the laces, "Will do." You say as you stand up glad to finally be able to walk properly. Bowing to the doctor you head out of the building and into the cold November air.

"Yah, Unnie you take forever." Ji Hyun says as she pops in front of you, causing you to jump a little bit.

You smack her on the arm before smiling, "Aish! You scared me!" 

She laughs and looks down at your feet, "Hey, you finally changed to a matching pair of shoes!" She exclaims.

You laugh at her as you begin walking toward her car, "Aren't you glad? Now I match again." You say with a grin.

Ji Hyun nods as she gets into the driver’s seat and you in the passengers. You put your seatbelt on as you lean against the chair, "How about we stop by a cafe before going back to the apartments?" You suggest.

"I think that's a great idea." A voice that was not Ji Hyun's commented.

You swung your head around and looked at the backseat, "Joon Hee!" You say as a smile forms on your face.

Joon Hee smiles genuinely at you, "Thanks for finally noticing my presence." She teases before glancing at Ji Hyun, "Yah, Ji Hyun are we going to go or not? I'm starving!" She says while dramatically while rubbing her stomach.

Ji Hyun smirks as she starts the engine, "As you wish my Queen." She teases back before putting the car into drive and going to the cafe.

You smile at the two, glad to have them as friends. You were especially glad that Joon Hee and you were now getting along great as friends, and you knew it would stay that way for a long time.

 

"Do you two want to come over for a little while before the guys come home?" You ask Ji Hyun and Joon Hee while standing in the elevator.

"Oh! Me! I do!" Joon Hee says while raising her hand as if she were in a classroom.

"Sorry Unnie, I can't I have finish preparing things for the vacation Donghae and I are going on." Ji Hyun says with a small smile.

You grin widely at Ji Hyun, "That's right; you two have fun, alright?" You say while winking at her.

Ji Hyun smacks your arm, "Yah! That's not what the whole vacation is about!" She says as her cheeks begin to turn a shade of red.

Joon Hee smirks, "That's what you say now." She teases.

Ji Hyun opens to deny your comments, but the elevator dings and she grins, "Oh look! It's your floor! See you later guys!" She then pushes the two of you out of the elevator, before quickly pressing the button to the fifteenth floor.

You turn around to say something back to Ji Hyun, but you only see her waving at you with a half-smile as the elevator doors come to a close. 

"Aish, that girl is too shy." Joon Hee remarks as she makes her way toward the door of your apartment.

You nod in agreement as you follow her and put the code in to unlock the door. Once you walk in the house you can hear loud TV sounds coming from the living room, "Did I leave the TV on?" You voice your thoughts out loud as you bend down to take your shoes off.

Joon Hee shrugs as she walks ahead of you and into the living room, "Don't know," She says.

You follow after her, and as you turn the corner you almost run into her realizing she had stopped walking, "Yah, why are-" 

"Hyukjae!" Joon Hee exclaims as she cuts you off from your words. She then runs over to the couch and sits next to a distracted Eunhyuk who is currently playing some soccer game with Kyuhyun.

Once you realize that Kyuhyun is also there, he had already turned around and instantly his expression brightened as he saw you.

"YES! I finally beat you!" Eunhyuk shouts as he gives Kyuhyun a look of triumph. 

Kyuhyun surprisingly wasn't fazed at all by his defeat, because he had already set the controller down and had begun walking toward you with a smile. Before you knew it you were wrapped tightly in his warm embrace as he whispered in your ear, "Welcome home, ____-ah." 

You smile back at Kyuhyun as you pull your head away so you can see his face, "It's nice to see you home so early." You state with obvious happiness.

"It sure is." Kyuhyun says as he leans his head down and gives you a quick but tender kiss. 

"Come on you two, if you're going to do that stuff do us all a favor and get a room." Joon Hee remarks with a look of disgust on her face.

"Yeah, we're guests here so you should keep the PDA to a minimum." Eunhyuk says in agreement with Joon Hee.

You remove yourself from Kyuhyun's arms as you turn around to face the two sitting on the couch, "Oh please, you're ones to talk." You say placing your hands on your hips.

Kyuhyun also turns around and steps behind you, wrapping his arms around your waist and resting his chin on your shoulder, "You two aren't any better than us." he says.

You grin as you feel Kyuhyun's breath breeze past your ear while you turn your head slightly to look at him, "Actually, I think they are worse than us, right babe?" You say purposely using a pet name.

Kyuhyun smirks as he begins rocking the two of you from side to side, "I think you are correct, my dear sweet honey boo." Kyuhyun replies with the cheesiest pet name ever.

You glance at the two on the couch with a smirk seeing the rising blush on both their faces; you had to suddenly stifle a laugh from the sight.

Suddenly Joon Hee stood up soon followed by Eunhyuk, "Alright, alright we surrender, I know you want us to cook tonight, since Ji Hyun and Donghae bailed on us." she says as she walks toward the kitchen.

Eunhyuk walks after her, grabbing her hand thinking the two of you didn't notice.

You and Kyuhyun turn to face each other as your hands meet with a high five, "Great job, babe." You say teasingly.

"Right back at you, my dear sweet honey boo." Kyuhyun says playfully.

"You know that might be the worst one yet." You say regarding the pet name.

Kyuhyun only shakes his head with a grin before changing the subject, "Hey, put your shoes back on, I want to take you somewhere before dinner is ready." 

You look at Kyuhyun with curiosity before nodding, "Alright, but are you sure? It's starting to get dark." 

Kyuhyun nods as he walks over to the door and slips his shoes on, while grabbing your coat and motioning for you to come over to him, "Yes I'm sure, and you're safe with me no matter how dark it is." Kyuhyun says.

You smile at his comment as he helps you put your coat on, "I don't doubt it either." 

 

"My old university? Why here Kyuhyun?" You ask curiously while getting out of the car.

Kyuhyun steps out of the driver’s side of the car and looks at the university with a small smile, "You still don't remember this, do you?" He asks while walking around the car to be next to you.

You shake your head as you turn to look at Kyuhyun, "Is there something I should remember?" You ask.

Kyuhyun shrugs, "I don't know, you tell me." He says with a grin before walking onto the campus of the university.

Confusion covers your face as you follow after Kyuhyun, how were supposed to tell him if you didn't remember whatever he was talking about?

Kyuhyun eventually finds a comfortable spot on a bench and sits down patting the empty spot on the bench next to him.

You sit yourself down next to Kyuhyun and look around as cold wind blows your hair away from your face.

Kyuhyun sighs contentedly with a smile on his face, "I remember that day clearly, it was really nice day." He suddenly says grabbing your attention.

You turn your head and look at him, "What happened on that day?" You ask him curiously.

"I met this really pretty girl who happened to be graduating from this university that day." He says with a smile.

You look at him with furrowed eyebrows confused, "Why are you telling me about your past girlfriends?" You ask.

Kyuhyun grins and shakes his head as he continues, "This girl was struck by how overwhelmingly handsome I was and claimed that it must be love at first sight." He pauses to look at your reaction which is still confused. "She instantly asked me if I would run away with her and elope." Kyuhyun says.

Your jaw drops as you glare at Kyuhyun and hit his arm, "Yah! I did not do that!" You shout.

Kyuhyun rubs his arm and smirks, "So you do remember." 

You blink at Kyuhyun before realizing that you did remember something, "Huh, I didn't get a headache this time." You say.

Kyuhyun smiles as he pulls your hand into his, "You've remembered how we met, now I need you to remember just one more thing and I'll be the happiest man alive." He says.

You smile at Kyuhyun as you squeeze his hand, "Hm, I wonder what it could that I need to remember." You ponder.

Kyuhyun suddenly stands up from the bench and kneels down in front of you who is still sitting, you blink at him realizing that you were in the exact place the last time he popped the question. A huge grin sprouts on your face as you watch him fumble in his pockets nervously before looking back up at you with the same hope he had in his eyes last time.

"____-ah, will you spend the rest of your life with me?" Kyuhyun asks as he holds a ring out to you.

Blush creeps onto your cheeks as you smile, even though you had experienced this scene before it still made your heart want to explode with happiness, "It took you long enough." You say playfully.

Kyuhyun blinks at you in confusion, "Wait, you remembered this?" He asks.

You nod, causing his eyes to widen in surprise, "I gave you my reply three months ago, don't you remember?" You ask.

Kyuhyun scratches the back of his head as he tries to remember where and when you gave such an important answer, "Ah!" He snaps his fingers as you looks at you and grins, "It was in the car wasn't it? When you said yes, and I couldn't figure out why you were saying that!" He exclaims.

You smile at him again, "That's exactly it, I thought you might have caught on quickly, but you're a big dummy who took three months to get me a ring." You tease.

Kyuhyun pouts at you, "Yah! How am I supposed to catch onto something like that in such a situation? All you said was yes and then you hugged me not saying another word!" He says defensively.

"Alright, alright I get it." You say cupping Kyuhyun's face in your hands and kissing him on the lips before pulling away a second later, "Yes Cho Kyuhyun, I will spend the rest of my life with you." You say softly.

Kyuhyun looks up at you as his expression changes to pure joy as he takes your left hand and slips a beautiful ring onto your finger, "You do realize I am now the happiest man alive." He says.

You let out a small laugh as you look Kyuhyun in the eyes, "Are you sure?" You ask.

"Oh I'm absolutely sure, so sure I think I could probably fly and shout to the world how happy I am." Kyuhyun says as he stands up.

"That's pretty happy," You say with a grin also standing up.

"Of course it is." Kyuhyun smiles as he leans in and kisses you romantically.

You kiss him back while wrapping your arms around his neck and pulling away, "I love you, and I always will." You say.

Kyuhyun smiles sweetly at you as he wraps his arms around your waist, "I will love you for an eternity, ____, and I hope you know that." He replies.

You smile leaning your head against Kyuhyun's chest as he begins moving his feet like the two of you were dancing without any music, "You got me to fall for you twice, I think I know for sure." You say.

Thinking back to when you first met Kyuhyun, and also when you woke up in the hospital with Amnesia you realized that it was always Kyuhyun who was there, he was always the one you wanted to be there no matter how much you denied it. You knew that somewhere deep inside the you who didn't remember a thing already loved Kyuhyun, you were just too stubborn to even allow the feeling to come back to you.

"____-ah?" Kyuhyun whispers your name.

"What is it, Kyuhyun?" You ask curiously.

"Do you remember when we first started to fall for each other?" He asks.

You move your head away from Kyuhyun's chest to get a good look at his face and smile sweetly at him, "How could I forget?"

"____-ah, promise me something alright?" Kyuhyun asks as he lays next you in the grass.

"What do you want me to promise?" You ask turning your head slightly in Kyuhyun's direction.

"Promise me you will never forget our love." Kyuhyun says.

You smile, "I promise." You say as you grab onto Kyuhyun's hand and lace your fingers with his.

The last memory placed itself back into your mind, finally allowing you to resume living in the present once again. 

 

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Without further ado, I present to you the last chapter of Remember Me.

I can't believe it's finished, I started writing this in August when I was on Summer vacation, and look now it's almost April. 

This is my first fanfic ever, and I'm so glad I started writing it! 

Now the biggest thing I wanted to do is thank each and every one of you for reading my fanfic. All the comments made my day and helped me to keep motivated writing and I would like to thank all of you who took the time to comment, even if it was asking me to update cause that meant I needed to get my act together and write faster! I would like to thank the ones who upvoted my fanfic, I appreciate it so much thank you! <3 Lastly, I would like to thank all of you for subscribing to my fanfic I was so overjoyed when the number went over 100 that I smiled for the whole day. Thank you so much everyone, thank you, thank you, thank you! I love you all!! <3

Kyuhyun loves you too! <333